2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
Ok, I’m switching into draft mode. Full research and vision watching.

Dusty getting kidney bean bashed is enough for me to check out. I’ll watch but whatever happens happens. I’ll be proud as punch if we sneak into finals. What do people want to know? What updates do you want?
We need a contested possession beast in the midfield. Who will be availabl?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Good write up on Sinn and Chesser here. Both top 15 picks for me.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Geez...what is a bawk?
That's the intro call to the old chicken man radio show they used to do many many years ago.

Bawk Bawk Bawk Baaaawwwwwkkkk. It's chicken maaaaannnnn, he's everywhere, he's everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Good write up on Sinn and Chesser here. Both top 15 picks for me.

For someone like Callaghan, would you consider trading CJ and our 1st (think Pick 9) to Gold Coast for their 1st, obviously depends where it ends up but lets say Pick 3 at this time?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
It’s a football term we used before we changed to using basketball terminology.
And a blind turn wasn’t an optically challenged person having a fit
And when a chiseller worked with wood & not used to describe some sort of kick
And when a slider was a small *smile* burger & not used to describe some sort of kick
And when a drifter was a homeless traveller & not used to describe some sort of kick
And when a poker was used on an open fire & not used to describe some sort of kick
And when a shake & bake was ........... *smile* dont let me get started on *smile* twang's *smile*

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Who’s your preference for our KP rooster Scoop?

View attachment 12855
I like Jacob Van Rooye from WA, didn’t have much of a preseason because of glandular fever. He is still showing a bit and there’s talk of him being able to go back as well as a key forward. And he’s played a few games at WAFL level against men.
one to watch at the carnival.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Heres Jack Williams, bit more rucking according to the numbers.

Couple of monster weeks for Williams at Colts level.

22 touches, 21 hit outs, 8 marks, 2 goals followed by 17 touches, 18 hit outs, 5 marks and a goal.

He is 195cm and 91 kegs. That’s Josh Kennedy minus 12kegs. Or Patrick Cripps size right now.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I like Jacob Van Rooye from WA, didn’t have much of a preseason because of glandular fever. He is still showing a bit and there’s talk of him being able to go back as well as a key forward. And he’s played a few games at WAFL level against men.
Seems to have drifted in a few experts estimations.
I’m a huge fan of Gibcus and feel he fills our most pressing needs as a developing KPD.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Seems to have drifted in a few experts estimations.
I’m a huge fan of Gibcus and feel he fills our most pressing needs as a developing KPD.
Glandular fever would seriously *smile* with any athletes performances for a fair amount of time.
Due to the nature of the U18 comp as preparation for drafting to AFL, there'd be a fair bit of drifting for a youngster who was crook for a while and returned sub par to expectations. At least as far as the meedjia commentators n draft gurus were concerned. They're more concerned about the instantaneous in the moment expertism. I'm a full blown nuffie when it comes to the recruiting of kids, but I did read some interesting article n comment on JVR a while ago that he was a contender for early drafting. No harm if he slips to within our range of consideration, as with all kids it's more about assessing what they'll be like from 21y.o. onward rather than can they be the best player in the comp at 18 or 19 y.o.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Glandular fever would seriously *smile* with any athletes performances for a fair amount of time.
Due to the nature of the U18 comp as preparation for drafting to AFL, there'd be a fair bit of drifting for a youngster who was crook for a while and returned sub par to expectations. At least as far as the meedjia commentators n draft gurus were concerned. They're more concerned about the instantaneous in the moment expertism. I'm a full blown nuffie when it comes to the recruiting of kids, but I did read some interesting article n comment on JVR a while ago that he was a contender for early drafting. No harm if he slips to within our range of consideration, as with all kids it's more about assessing what they'll be like from 21y.o. onward rather than can they be the best player in the comp at 18 or 19 y.o.

There’s been a couple of other kids with glandular from recent drafts, can’t think of them.

I rate JVR, could be a steal.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Getting a bit of Rance déjà vu

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Getting a bit of Rance déjà vu
LOL, dunno about that.

I just think that not being able to do a preseason off the back of COVID interrupted season would have a huge impact on production. Not ability.