2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I’m still thinking we may package up to get into the elite top few picks
Which clubs are likely to accept our offer?
I look at each club and everyone is desperate for elite /potential stars.
Maybe North who are so desperate for improvement across the list, but no way do they trade out #1.
Gold Coast? Already have too many players.
Maybe GWS with 2 picks might switch out their Pick, but atm it's #10 so it's not a significant jump into elite territory.

Maybe Carlton who already have talls and might want to grab 2 mids....
Its still a pipedream in my view

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
2nd round I am keen on Jack Avery.
Hbf last year, has played as a big mid as a 19yo in wa colts.
From ESPN:
A rare positive out of a 98-point thrashing, overager Jack Avery was named one of Perth's best in a one-sided affair against Subiaco. On WAFL League debut after a dominant start to the season in the Colts, Avery collected 15 disposals

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Maybe North who are so desperate for improvement across the list, but no way do they trade out #1.
Maybe GWS with 2 picks might switch out their Pick, but atm it's #10 so it's not a significant jump into elite territory.

Suns

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004

I think we have to overpay to get a top 5 pick. maybe North’s first pick next year for a swag of our picks

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
Never been in a better position to go up the draft ladder.
An absolute plethora of young talent already on our books and be more than happy to go lean in this years draft.
Package the picks and aim high I say.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Never been in a better position to go up the draft ladder.
An absolute plethora of young talent already on our books and be more than happy to go lean in this years draft.
Package the picks and aim high I say.
Too bad the pies traded their 1st rd pick away. They would have traded down to avoid a bid on Daicos.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Won’t the pies need draft points to match the bid on daicos.
They've got picks up to about 348 in the draft, they'll just cobble them all together until they have enough points to match n if they still don't have enough they'll just go into deficit for next years draft.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Interesting subplot, the Dogs first pick will be on the table. Will tack Mr Darcy’s son and want some value for their pick.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Interesting subplot, the Dogs first pick will be on the table. Will tack Mr Darcy’s son and want some value for their pick.
Not sure that can help us though can it. That pick will be somewhere around ours and Geelongs of which we have both. It’ll be interesting to see what we do. I like the thought of replenishing our list with good draft picks but 6 in the first 3 rounds might be too many. If we can get higher and have say 4 picks that might be the way to go.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I'd mentioned something similar about this a few months ago. I think its a great opportunity for us. They want points, we have plenty of picks. Their pick will probably be somewhere between 15-18, thats pick value of 985-1112. We just need to provide something that provides them more value than what that individual pick provides them.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I'd mentioned something similar about this a few months ago. I think its a great opportunity for us. They want points, we have plenty of picks. Their pick will probably be somewhere between 15-18, thats pick value of 985-1112. We just need to provide something that provides them more value than what that individual pick provides them.
It depends whether someone bids earlier on him Posh. Where is he rated to go?
It might take our 2x 2nd round picks.
But it gives us options

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
Really not sure we need to replenish the list with depth players that we woukd most likely get with picks 15 to 30. More than happy with rCD, Ralph Smit, stack, ccj, Naish, Ross coming through. All these players have traits to be long term players for us.

we need to either bundle the picks for a top 5 pick or trade out for future year picks Or a young gun. Maybe a Rowell in a few years time

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It depends whether someone bids earlier on him Posh. Where is he rated to go?
It might take our 2x 2nd round picks.
But it gives us options

They said yesterday, probably top 10, potentially top 5.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Won’t the pies need draft points to match the bid on daicos.
We give the Pies picks 25 & 30 for their future 1st(22).Lets be honest here. they'll be crap next year.So a likely top 5 pick.
We give the dogs Picks 40 & 48 for their 1st rnd pick(17}

This year: 11/16 & 17.
Next:5/18.
5 first rnds in 2yrs =Quick rebuild.
(Thats not including if CJ departs)

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We give the Pies picks 25 & 30 for their future 1st(22).Lets be honest here. they'll be crap next year.So a likely top 5 pick.
We give the dogs Picks 40 & 48 for their 1st rnd pick(17}

This year: 11/16 & 17.
Next:5/18.
5 first rnds in 2yrs =Quick rebuild.
(Thats not including if CJ departs)
No chance Collingwood do that. They need to be measured and stockpiling picks, hearing terms like “salary cap hangover” tells me they still may need to trade out players. They need to reset the cap and get young talent in on rookie deals. Getting Daicos will help but they need more top end picks, not less.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
No chance Collingwood do that. They need to be measured and stockpiling picks, hearing terms like “salary cap hangover” tells me they still may need to trade out players. They need to reset the cap and get young talent in on rookie deals. Getting Daicos will help but they need more top end picks, not less.
Don't they need points to get Daicos?