2021 Fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Fixture

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
They haven't missed us. Interstate games against top 4 sides Port and Brisbane as well as a game at Marvel against top 6 side Saints and a game in Perth against top 6 side Eagles. Add to that an away game against the Giants; we generally seem to manufacture a way to lose to them in Sydney. Both games against WA teams are in Perth.

I guess you have to expect a fixture like that when you've won 3 of the past 4 flags. But as Posh posted earlier the situation against Port is ridiculous; somehow we've been fixtured to play them in Adelaide every year since 2015 and only 2 games in Melbourne in the same period. Farcical.

Very pleased about playing both Dogs and North at the G only and also about playing Scumwood in July. They give us trouble early in the year when they are up and about.

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Like the fact that we have traded in Geelong's future 1st and StKilda's future 2nd, and play each twice.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
They haven't missed us. Interstate games against top 4 sides Port and Brisbane as well as a game at Marvel against top 6 side Saints and a game in Perth against top 6 side Eagles. Add to that an away game against the Giants; we generally seem to manufacture a way to lose to them in Sydney. Both games against WA teams are in Perth.

I guess you have to expect a fixture like that when you've won 3 of the past 4 flags. But as Posh posted earlier the situation against Port is ridiculous; somehow we've been fixtured to play them in Adelaide every year since 2015 and only 2 games in Melbourne in the same period. Farcical.

Very pleased about playing both Dogs and North at the G only and also about playing Scumwood in July. They give us trouble early in the year when they are up and about.
I don’t mind playing Port over there. We seem to beat them more often than we don’t.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The more I look and think about the fixture..... the more I reckon we just seem to roll with the punches these days, suck it up, then concentrate on what matters most.:cupgold

Reactions: 2 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
We have the easiest draw. Every team we play finished below us in 2020.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The more I look and think about the fixture..... the more I reckon we just seem to roll with the punches these days, suck it up, then concentrate on what matters most.:cupgold
Yeah, there’s bugger all you can do with it, so just accept that it is what it is and try and beat everyone else in it. Then at the end we can once again say *smile* you all, we did it for the 3rd time in a row!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The past 2 years we have started shaky, then copped big injuries but managed to hang in there scraping enough wins to keep in touch up to the bye. We then went bang after the bye with consecutive wins and momentum to win the flags. Looking at next years draw we'd want to be in a much better position before the bye. After the bye we have away games to West Coast, Suns, Freo and Giants, and also play Geel, Saints, pies and lions in melbourne. Tough run home. We'd want to be sitting top 2 at the bye.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Like the fact that we have traded in Geelong's future 1st and StKilda's future 2nd, and play each twice.

St Kilda and Geelong play each other twice too meaning they both can't lose :mad: But then again I suppose it is win win as one of them will:)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The past 2 years we have started shaky, then copped big injuries but managed to hang in there scraping enough wins to keep in touch up to the bye. We then went bang after the bye with consecutive wins and momentum to win the flags. Looking at next years draw we'd want to be in a much better position before the bye. After the bye we have away games to West Coast, Suns, Freo and Giants, and also play Geel, Saints, pies and lions in melbourne. Tough run home. We'd want to be sitting top 2 at the bye.
We will be bottom 4 before the bye and come home like Doriumus

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
2016 we played them @ the G, I remember it well as I was in the Coaches box

Made some killer moves that day that just got us over the line :)
Getting you out of the coaches box in 2016 was as important to our rise as getting Balme to Richmond and recruiting Prestia and Nanks

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
As expected no home game against the Suns again since forever.

As long as I have the photo of Gil *smile* a polo pony,

Richmond will play Suns on the Metricon.C.G.

Dont mind the fixture.

reckon I'll back us for the flag at 3:3.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Happened in 2018 and 2020 as well, just not fair.
Also 3 out of the last 4 years we haven’t had to play the reigning premiers at all ...
It’s weird how oppo supporters moan about how every other part of our draw advantages us, but never bring this up.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I am not sure what you are worried about, I see 7, probably 8 wins in that lot.

• Wow

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Other supporters trying to work out where the wins will come from and how many wins to make the 8 - they all dread playing us.

Now I just enjoy going to the footy knowing we are the team to beat and it doesn’t really matter any more - our season doesn’t start now till round 23.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Other supporters trying to work out where the wins will come from and how many wins to make the 8 - they all dread playing us.

Now I just enjoy going to the footy knowing we are the team to beat and it doesn’t really matter any more - our season doesn’t start now till round 23.
Yet I saw an article today saying that the Lions are the 2021 flag favourites.

• Haha