2021 Jumper Numbers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Jumper Numbers

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nice one craig re Chris Knights.
And did he do it when he kicked a goal?
Vaguely remember him actually popping it as he kicked the goal.
I may have him confused with someone else.
Against the Kochies at Moron Park he did it, as unfortunate as they come.

I think he might've actually kicked a goal as it tore leaving him and a lot of Tiger fans devastated.

Class footballer and deadly around goals was Chris Knights with that booming left foot and kicked some top goals in his handful of games.

Then fought hard to come back and tore his hamstring off the bone against the Bears in an innocuous slide on the boundary not long after kicking another big goal.

Came back again only to do an ACL in a VFL game and promptly retired, shocking end to a very good career.

I may be wrong but I think all 3 injuries were to the same leg and not surprising to suffer them after the long lay off and return from the Patella Tendon which requires weeks upon weeks upon weeks of not moving the knee joint (in other words having to keep the knee straight to allow the tendon to knit back to the tuberosity of the tibia). Severe atrophy in the leg musculature and weakening of connective tissues no doubt contributed to Chris suffering recurrent setbacks after that injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user