2021 Jumper Numbers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Jumper Numbers

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
#28 had the "Push Up King", Mark Merenda (initially before he switched to #8), Pete (Cheddar) Czserkaski, and Andy Preston in the early 80's era.

Fraser Turner and Scotty Homewood both had the #28 but neither ever played a senior game in it.

Both the Strangs wore it also.

Another fairly mediocre number at the Tigers apart from a handful.
Kane Johnson, when he first arrived from Adelaide.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Sticky was 5, Rogers had 4, both arrived at the same time.
Yep and Rogers started his career in the pre season wearing #29 from memory.

That very first game in the pre season comp, Tape and Rogers both showed they were going to be long term Tiger players.

Bullus was also a new arrival from memory.

SCAJMW

Tiger Cub
Dec 15, 2008
Yep and Rogers started his career in the pre season wearing #29 from memory.

That very first game in the pre season comp, Tape and Rogers both showed they were going to be long term Tiger players.

Bullus was also a new arrival from memory.
How good was Matty Rogers et al the 1995 semi final against the Bombres, one of the highlights of being a long time Tiges supporter since 1967.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
#15 seemed to be cursed for a while. It was Fred Swift’s number and Jamie Tape’s. Ben Marsh had it. Shorty has broken the curse, though.
The legend Whale Roberts wore 15 too, I still shake my head that we got rid of him Jackson and Teasdale for Pitura.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
How good was Matty Rogers et al the 1995 semi final against the Bombres, one of the highlights of being a long time Tiges supporter since 1967.
Matty was one of my favourites, a good honest player.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
#15 seemed to be cursed for a while. It was Fred Swift’s number and Jamie Tape’s. Ben Marsh had it. Shorty has broken the curse, though.
Leon Cameron wore #15 and was pretty handy.

Chris Knights also wore #15 and played very well for the Tigers in it even if only 8 -9 odd games until his Patella Tendon tore and that pretty much ended him.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Nice one craig re Chris Knights.
And did he do it when he kicked a goal?
Vaguely remember him actually popping it as he kicked the goal.
I may have him confused with someone else.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Leon Cameron wore #15 and was pretty handy.

Chris Knights also wore #15 and played very well for the Tigers in it even if only 8 -9 odd games until his Patella Tendon tore and that pretty much ended him.
Given Chris Knights’ injury woes, I’d put him in the cursed category.