2021 List | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 List

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
Assuming the Higgins deal is done; we have 'lost'; Higgins, Markov (traded) and Turner, English (delisted) [still the fewest of any club, incidentally].
The Age are saying today that 37 is the magic list size number with additionally up to 7 (Category A & B Rookies) for a total of 44.

By my calculation we have 40 on our list at the moment (Including Rance) (although I am not sure about the number of rookies). This does allow us to take up to 4 in the draft. I doubt we take 4, probably 2 or 3 (not sure of minimum). Then, of course, there is Alex Rance ...

Perhaps someone who has more knowledge of this could chime in ...

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
From what i understand we have 6 "standard" rookies: Baker, Aarts, Chol, Eggmolesse-Smith, Stack, Pickett & 1 category B rookie: Colina, equalling the 7 cap rookie allotment & 33 players on the senior list (of up to 39). I assume we therefore currently have 4 senior list vacancies?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
From what i understand we have 6 "standard" rookies: Baker, Aarts, Chol, Eggmolesse-Smith, Stack, Pickett & 1 category B rookie: Colina, equalling the 7 cap rookie allotment & 32 players on the senior list (of up to 39). I assume we therefore have 5 senior list vacancies?
How can Baker and Pickett still be on the rookie list? Surely they need to be on the main list given their contributions. Pickett and Aarts recently signed two year deals; can you do that on the rookie list? Pickett needs to get paid and I don't know if the rookie list has the scope to pay players a decent sum.

Can someone who knows more about the lists explain this please?

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
How can Baker and Pickett still be on the rookie list? Surely they need to be on the main list given their contributions. Pickett and Aarts recently signed two year deals; can you do that on the rookie list? Pickett needs to get paid and I don't know if the rookie list has the scope to pay players a decent sum.

Can someone who knows more about the lists explain this please?
I dont know more about lists but the facts are we haven't upgraded any of those guys as yet, maybe will upgrade this draft period ??

I reckon we are paying them decent coin though

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I dont know more about lists but the facts are we haven't upgraded any of those guys as yet, maybe will upgrade this draft period ??

You could be right Taz but I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that one of the reasons you keep blokes on the rookie list is that you don't have to pay them as much. I find it strange that blokes like Baker and Pickett, who are best 22 staples, are still on the rookie list. But as you say they could, and IMO should, be upgraded this draft and trade period.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Can you get decent coin as a rookie list player Taz?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Can pay them anything over the base rookie wage which IIRC is $75k + match payments of $4k I think, I will have a look at the CBA tonight
Cheers, I just assumed it had to be the $80k (was $75k) plus match payments, didn’t know it could be over that.

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
From what i understand we have 6 "standard" rookies: Baker, Aarts, Chol, Eggmolesse-Smith, Stack, Pickett & 1 category B rookie: Colina, equalling the 7 cap rookie allotment & 33 players on the senior list (of up to 39). I assume we therefore currently have 4 senior list vacancies?
My numbers match yours mate. 33 and 7.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Can you be paid about $600K on rookie list cos that's what Bakes is worth.

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Looking at CBA & Rookie payments for 2020 are Minimum base of $80k, $4k per senior match & a max Bonus of $12k for games played

So Bakes for example would have got a minimum
$80k Base
$80k for playing 20 games
$12k max games played bonus
$172k all up minimum

• Wow

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Looking at CBA & Rookie payments for 2020 are Minimum base of $80k, $4k per senior match & a max Bonus of $12k for games played

So Bakes for example would have got a minimum
$80k Base
$80k for playing 20 games
$12k max games played bonus
$172k all up minimum
Well deserved.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Baker still a rookie when a two times premier and in the best 22 under 22 team. That takes a bit of wondering so I hope the club rectify the situation as soon as possible as he is one kid we do not want to lose

Last edited:

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Baker till a rookie? Are you sure as I thought he is now on out main list?
Rookies can only be upgraded permanently onto the main list during a Draft period, he & Pickett & Aarts & Chol et al certainly haven't done that, he may be this year but not at this stage

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Apparently only need to take 1 pick in the draft this year. We will likely take at least 2, but I could see us trying to push our 1st into next year. We have 40 on the list at the moment, needs to be between 37 and 44 and I'd hasten to think that the clubs near the top of the ladder will most likely have smaller lists than the bottom teams, so I'd think tops we will have 40 on the list.

3 out of contract, Garthwaite, Miller and Eggy.