2021 mid season draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 mid season draft

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Another player who might be an enticing proposition for us is South Freo KPD Blake Schlensog. Previously on the Cats list, but he is highly rated at WAFL level and he has been developing really well of late. 199cm 99 kg according to the WAFL official website.
Does he get called 'The Schlong'?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Nank, Soldo, Cujo, Cholly, Delilah. Got a weird feeling a ruck won't be on our shopping list.
Soldo is now on the LTIL, Cholly is not a ruck and Ryan is nowhere near ready. If Nank goes down we,re in trouble.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
For those thinking Tyrone Thorne, he has great skills but he is a very slight bodied midget.

At 169 cm and 58 kgs, he makes Ben Nason look like Plugger

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Looking at different prospects and I find that I am checking their frees against stats to see if they play the Richmond way

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Does anyone know what position Schlensog is currently playing in the WAFL? His numbers are impressive but he hasn’t troubled the scorers all year.

Also, on Callow and talls in general. Given our aging batch of key position players and lack of young, viable replacements, I wish the club had taken a chance on someone like Callow last year when he was available. Instead we persisted with the likes of Garthwaite, Miller and Chol for yet another season and missed an opportunity to, at the very least, give someone new a go.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Does anyone know what position Schlensog is currently playing in the WAFL? His numbers are impressive but he hasn’t troubled the scorers all year.

Primarily played as a tall defender, but has spent a bit of time pinch hitting in the ruck.

I saw him have a run, it appeared, on a wing one day, and he did OK for about 15 minutes.

Seems to reads the play well.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
With Dimma's reluctance to play talls, very much doubt we'll choose one in the MSD.

Reckon we'll go for another runner or pressure forward

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Primarily played as a tall defender, but has spent a bit of time pinch hitting in the ruck.

I saw him have a run, it appeared, on a wing one day, and he did OK for about 15 minutes.

Seems to reads the play well.
We have done so well in our recruits from WA.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
With Dimma's reluctance to play talls, very much doubt we'll choose one in the MSD.

Reckon we'll go for another runner or pressure forward

I agree, particularly with half our mids out injured and only RCD looking a capable stand-in. If we have another midfield injury crisis late in the season Dimma will want some hard nut cover.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched the highlights of Callow playing for Norwood v Crows SANFL side. He’s definitely a one grabber.