2021 mid season draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 mid season draft

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
No bullus :( to wrap it all so I’ll post some articles below

Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Be interesting what we do, if anything, in this MSD. Will we put Soldo on the LTIL ? If so do we go after a ruck? Or do we go after a mid? Or will we be over the injured mids disaster by then?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Very disappointing e decided to not go with Josh Green and selected Egg-Smith
Kid has been playing well in the VFL as an inside mid and looking like he might be given a shot in the MSD

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Very disappointing e decided to not go with Josh Green and selected Egg-Smith
Kid has been playing well in the VFL as an inside mid and looking like he might be given a shot in the MSD
Saw JG play for GWS seconds on Kayo a few weeks ago. CAn see why we passed on him.

Reactions: 1 user

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Watched Norwood's Jackson Callow play he is still young and mobile for a big lad (195cm). He has a great pair of hands and is not timid.
Throws this weight around unlike some of our young talls. I think he would fit into FF in our seconds now, could play the odd game in the firsts through injuries and
with development help e.g. (groan) Leppitsch could become a FB in the mould of Collins (Gold Coast) but even taller.
We lack a genuine CHB, FB, CHF,& FF developing in the seconds to take over in the next 2-3 years. A punt on Callow and some early talls in the draft would help.
BTW what was the negatives on Callow why he was not drafted? Also heard he trained with Hawthorn pre season.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
What about the Green kid we had training with us pre-season, I thought we were keen on him until nigel was a shock selection.
With our midfield injures atm, it could be a good pick up, and isnt he related to the Tom Green we want from GWS?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
BTW what was the negatives on Callow why he was not drafted? Also heard he trained with Hawthorn pre season.

lack of athleticism I believe Gtrain?

big lump of a kid. Plenty would be looking I reckon. I like him. plays snakey, great mitts

I wouldnt hesitate to take Willie Rioli though if WC dump him

he'd be even better at Richmond entering his prime, and he was *smile* good at WC

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Watched Norwood's Jackson Callow play he is still young and mobile for a big lad (195cm). He has a great pair of hands and is not timid.
Throws this weight around unlike some of our young talls. I think he would fit into FF in our seconds now, could play the odd game in the firsts through injuries and
with development help e.g. (groan) Leppitsch could become a FB in the mould of Collins (Gold Coast) but even taller.
We lack a genuine CHB, FB, CHF,& FF developing in the seconds to take over in the next 2-3 years. A punt on Callow and some early talls in the draft would help.
The knock on him was that he was getting away with being a lead up forward at junior and TSL level whilst not a) having too many other tricks and b) having any great athleticism that would see him not get found out at AFL level. Also considered a tad short. He was very flat footed. Note: that's not necessarily my opinion, just relaying. I thought he could get off the ground reasonably. Bit of an awkward kick though at times.

I note he's lost a bit of weight at the Redlegs and looks to be moving pretty well.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I wouldnt hesitate to take Willie Rioli though if WC dump him

he'd be even better at Richmond entering his prime, and he was *smile* good at WC
3 Riolis at Richmond. Imagine o_O o_O:D:D

• Wow

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We don't need The Piddler at Richmond. We've already got you Pidley.
Can never have too many Riolis at Richmond Chumpford.

Now if we can just get Dan back to 2017 form. Kicking the winning goal on Saturday was a good start!

Reactions: 1 users