2021 Ticketing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Ticketing

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Does anyone know how its gonna work this year? If R1 has a 50,000 capacity, there are gonna be a lot of disappointed fans missing out. probably two thirds of the membership base when you factor in MCC, AFL members and potentially away supporters.

So will some fans be guaranteed a seat? Is it first in best dressed? Will it be based on seniority? Will the designated away team get access to tix?

Decisions will have to be made by the club and/or the AFL.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Does anyone know how its gonna work this year? If R1 has a 50,000 capacity, there are gonna be a lot of disappointed fans missing out. probably two thirds of the membership base when you factor in MCC, AFL members and potentially away supporters.

So will some fans be guaranteed a seat? Is it first in best dressed? Will it be based on seniority? Will the designated away team get access to tix?

Decisions will have to be made by the club and/or the AFL.
Reserved ticketholders will be guaranteed seats, other members I assume will be some sort of ballot or rotation depending on stadium capacity.
no membership no chance at least initially.
PS. That is my guess

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Reserved ticketholders will be guaranteed seats,
PS. That is my guess
Pretty sure all members will be balloted for tickets if the distancing n capacity limits remain. Can't have five thousand reserved seat strangers sitting next to one another while everyone else has to social distance. Some dodgy *smile* might give someone a free cootie.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Will the AFL members/MCC members & public seating work on a percentage? Eg: AFL members holds 50% of the stadium capacity, so they get 50% of the seats? As an AFL member I would like to think tickets are offered to competing teams only, if capacity is reduced and strictly no guest passes.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Pretty sure all members will be balloted for tickets if the distancing n capacity limits remain. Can't have five thousand reserved seat strangers sitting next to one another while everyone else has to social distance. Some dodgy *smile* might give someone a free cootie.
It will be guaranteed seats for reserved ticket holders but not all in the 1 reserved area , they will be spread out throughout the stadium .

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
While the above appears to be the case at the moment, and as far as I can tell it will be a ballot of all members, reserved seat or not, my impression is that it is all wait and see at the moment as things will change in the next couple of months. Maybe they are waiting to see how the Aus Open tennis goes to work out whether large crowds are safe.

What I am more interested in at the moment is how the AFLW ticketing is being sorted. First game is in just over a week, do AFLW members get preference? Must contact the club and ask.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Not sure how they did it for the cricket, but with the A-League (with a 50% cap), you get allocated an aisle (not a specific seat). Your group has to sit together in that aisle. And there must be a 2 seat gap to the next group.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Should we unfurl both flags in rnd 1 & rnd 3 so most get to see the unfurling?
Or do 19 in rnd 1
20 in rnd 3?
I hope the club are seriously contemplating either option.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
While the above appears to be the case at the moment, and as far as I can tell it will be a ballot of all members, reserved seat or not, my impression is that it is all wait and see at the moment as things will change in the next couple of months. Maybe they are waiting to see how the Aus Open tennis goes to work out whether large crowds are safe.

What I am more interested in at the moment is how the AFLW ticketing is being sorted. First game is in just over a week, do AFLW members get preference? Must contact the club and ask.

DS
AFLW tickets on sale next Monday
Tickets sold on 3 seperate zones all having own facilities
I believe standing room only
No seating ?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It will be guaranteed seats for reserved ticket holders but not all in the 1 reserved area , they will be spread out throughout the stadium .
Ooooh, bloody hope so. Footy ain't half as much fun sittin home watchin on t.v. as it is bein at the ground.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFLW tickets on sale next Monday
Tickets sold on 3 seperate zones all having own facilities
I believe standing room only
No seating ?

I got a reply and the email sent to all AFLW members today. It does seem strange that we only get standing room, but free entry. Ground in sections and never the twain shall meet which seems reasonable for limiting crown interaction.

Really wonder why no seating but there you go, I'll book my spot and see what happens. Will be nice to go to a live game of footy for the first time in just under 12 months (since the last AFLW game before they removed crowds).

Tickets are only electronic which pisses me off as I can't stand the way it takes forever to get through the gates as scanners try and read peoples' phones. Will try and print the ticket out.

DS

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I got a reply and the email sent to all AFLW members today. It does seem strange that we only get standing room, but free entry. Ground in sections and never the twain shall meet which seems reasonable for limiting crown interaction.

Really wonder why no seating but there you go, I'll book my spot and see what happens. Will be nice to go to a live game of footy for the first time in just under 12 months (since the last AFLW game before they removed crowds).

Tickets are only electronic which pisses me off as I can't stand the way it takes forever to get through the gates as scanners try and read peoples' phones. Will try and print the ticket out.

DS
Limited to 1200 tickets to each club
Ground to be divided into 3 zones

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Limited to 1200 tickets to each club
Ground to be divided into 3 zones

Just hope I can find some way of sitting down at times, standing all day kills my back.

Should be good though, will be nice to see a game live and hopefully the women can do a lot better this year.

DS