2022 Brownlow Medal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Brownlow Medal

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Miller is a bonafide tosser. Put him up there with Danger. Thinks hes something special because he decided to stick around while others like Lynch moved on

Loyalty IS special,

Isnt it?

I have it on good authority that Touk is a lovely bloke

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Miller is a bonafide tosser. Put him up there with Danger. Thinks hes something special because he decided to stick around while others like Lynch moved on
Headless chook
If he had won the brownlow he wouldve went straight to the top of dud winners.
Dippa, Wooodien, Priddus & Neale

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Not sure there is such a thing as a Brownlow dud, it's only having a good season not a career.

Wouldn't be a winner who didn't have a great year when they won.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Apologies if someone's already posted this but how does a winning team get 0 votes:

Round 23
1663677907124.png

Just shows how rigged dumpire votes are.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Of the top 25 or so vote getters, only 3 are non-midfielders. I don’t have any idea how, but there has to be changes in the way the votes are given out. It’s getting ridiculous

Reactions: 3 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Of the top 25 or so vote getters, only 3 are non-midfielders. I don’t have any idea how, but there has to be changes in the way the votes are given out. It’s getting ridiculous

Coaches votes is the answer. Swap umpires votes and coaches votes in anonymity and we might even see a defender win the brownlow.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Coaches votes is the answer. Swap umpires votes and coaches votes in anonymity and we might even see a defender win the brownlow.

Then we could have a Brownlow decided by Chris Scott giving more votes to Danger than Dusty

I'm not sure if that'd go down well

Reactions: 1 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I was involved in a league that for a number of years had a system where the umpires vote as they currently do, and each coach voted 3-2-1 from the opposition players only. It was thought that it would be a good system because it was a developmental league with a lot of floggings, and it would guarantee a certain level of votes among weaker sides.
It didn't take long for some of the coaches to realize that, in the long run, if they gave votes to the opposition's lesser lights, it would enhance the chances of one of their own players winning.