2022 CLUB FORECAST H/S | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 CLUB FORECAST H/S

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Will Hogan has reported on his views of the Tigers year ahead in today's HS.
"Beware Tigers of Gold."
Won't quote all he said on here, best you read it yourselves.
Interesting that he has us winning 3, losing 3.
if that was correct, and only his views, then not a real good start to the season ahead.
Perhaps he sees us losing to Carlton, St. Kida and Melbourne, though he does not nominate.
Everyone will have their own prognostications on the year ahead, but good to see some footy in the paper again.
Must admit to enjoying the BBL, and barrack for the Stars and Renegades, who continue to disappoint.
Just me and wife I suppose. We prefer the BBL to the Ashes. More entertaining and exciting.
Test cricket can be a bit boring at times with low scoring.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Come on Grayman, didn't you and the missus watch the Melbourne's test match.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
List in paper: Ross, Baker, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Edwards, Stack, Short, Rioli D, Pickett, Aarts, Caddy, Lambert, Collier-Dawkins, Ryan, Broad, Martyn, Parker, Miller, Colina, Rioli M, Cumberland, Nyuon.
yes mate, thats correct, I was looking at an old list at work.

Confirmed 15 on main list & all 7 rookies OOC

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
For those interstate or PREnders who don't read the HS.
1641349855265.png

Reactions: 3 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Why does he think we will lose to Carlton?
Would have thought the Saints, Bullies and Dees would have been more logical.
Not that I think we will lose to them at all.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Who?

There's a hundred posters on here that I've rather read opinions from than whomever was tasked with generating clicks for the HS this week.

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
The out of contract situation leading into 2023 is fascinating - from a long way out its clearly been designated as a time to re-evaluate where some of our veterans are at. Will we put a higher priority on tying up our youngsters or keeping the veterans together? Probably the only scenario for the latter would be if we won a flag in 2022 and even then I reckon we would be prudent to do the former if it came down to a choice.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
With list sizes and terms (excluding A+ players) most are 2-3 years, by virtue of this there will be 10-20 players every year coming out of contract for most clubs

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Biggest interest for me was we have 22 guys out of contract at the end of the year.

Be interested to compare that to other years.
That's around standard i'd imagine, think this time last yr we had 17 or somewhere around that mark. I'd imagine we'll have some signed up by the time the season starts to get it down to around the 17ish mark again. Could also be a deliberate ploy by the Club to setup our list structure beyond this yr with the Club probably expecting some retirements in the coming yrs incl end of this season.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
Why does he think we will lose to Carlton?
Would have thought the Saints, Bullies and Dees would have been more logical.
Not that I think we will lose to them at all.

Correct we dont lose to Carlton and can't see us losing to the dogs at the G which we normally have their measure there.

Marvel always seems to be tricky for us, so 50/50 V Saints

The dees for me will be the big one and I wouldn't at all be surprised if we beat them, 2021 seems to be an anomaly and I get this distinct feeling that they will be out to atone for that in season 2022.

• Love

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Who continues to tickle our fancy in the Hun?

I've got to keep reminding myself who won the 2021 GF.....:mhihi

1641440516351.png

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users