2022 draft booms and busts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 draft booms and busts

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
10 or so days to go,

Time to start talking booms and busts.

This is the place to you lay your genitals on the block.

A few ground suggestions you may choose to ignore,

1. Nominate 3 BOOMS - these can be anyone, but you'lle get waaaay more cred in 5-10 years if youve nominated an adam goodes or a james hird at 40. Roughly speaking, you want 200 games, AA, b+fs, something special, out of a top 10 to claim cred

2. Nominate 3 BUSTS - if you take yourself seriously, these should come in the first round. Pick 55 cant really bust

Its a long game this one, and your credibility is the buy-in

an edited post isnt worth the paper its written on

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'll lay my cards on the table

Booms

Will Ashcroft
Harry Sheezel
Darcy Jones

Busts

Rueben Ginbey
Ellijah Tsatas
Ed Allan

Special Smokey

Jaiden Magor

Reactions: 2 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015

Booms

Will Ashcroft
Harry Sheezel
Darcy Jones

Busts

Rueben Ginbey
Ellijah Tsatas
Ed Allan

Special Smokey

Jaiden Magor
I wouldn't say Magor is a smokey ,he did go to the national combine,

Booms .

Aaron Cadman ,l have liked him all year,he's the modern day chf forward,strong mark ,and great work ethic,and brings other's into the game.

Jedd Busslinger ,he's a really good modern day chb ,l think he will go top 10 in the draft.

Jhye Clark ,he's been good all year,and looks all over a Afl player.

Busts

JEFFERSON .
Ginbey.
Hustwaite.

Smokeys ...Possible Tiger picks.
Bond, ,Lovelock,,Foster,Van Es,,Will Verall,,.
Callum Verall ,no love on here,but is a good back man .,Steely Green has been impressive at senior WAFL,,and is slightly built,so a bit of upside to come.
Jed Adams ,very good mark and is underrated for a 196cm key back

Tom Bower,Beau Tedcastle,Tyrell Dewar ,Jovan Petric ,Possible Rookies

Last edited:

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach

Booms

Will Ashcroft
Harry Sheezel
Darcy Jones

Busts

Rueben Ginbey
Ellijah Tsatas
Ed Allan

Special Smokey

Jaiden Magor
Easy, you’ve mucked that up there son.

Apologies for the patronising tone there. However, you can’t short change us. It’s your genitalia that you stated would be staked.

Throw the cards away and man up.

And all the best with your home grown product!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I wouldn't say Magor is a smokey ,he did go to the national combine,

So did Liam Baker.

Perhaps i should have said 'smoke screen'

My proper smokeys are not going on the internet

Last edited:
  • Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Easy, you’ve mucked that up there son.

Apologies for the patronising tone there. However, you can’t short change us. It’s your genitalia that you stated would be staked.

Throw the cards away and man up.

And all the best with your home grown product!

Id edit my post to say,

Heres my agates on the block,

But an editted post in this thread is like cryptocurrency

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Clear busts:

Whoever is taken pick 1.
Whoever is taken pick 6.

Booms:

Pick 21
Pick 54

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
My busts

Gibney- not enough tricks or production, tweener no real position.
Tsatas- kicking is very iffy.

I think these two are my major concerns in the ten. My fav from outside the top 20, Jakob Ryan.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Boom, best 3 players:

Cadman, big fan, got the glamour you want in a boom young KF, but what kicks him over the edge is that team first is his natural MO.
Ashcroft, rolled gold. I've tried not to like him, and I find him boring as far as junior stars go, (and I think he's had a bit of an armchair ride), but his chops are undeniable.
Hewitt. A future star, tough, skilled, bit of x factor, cleared every hurdle, including WAFL seniors, and the tallest gun mid in the draft at 185.

Boom, 3 players who will exceed where the consensus rates them:

Hewitt, as above. He seems to be rated top 12/10, top 3 for me. Been a lot of overrating of tall mids that I think he's gone under the radar a bit, and he's not small.
Binns, I just like him. Does everything well and runs hard all game. Knock is supposedly his kicking, but I'm fine with it. Low kicks that get there quick which compensates for a bit of inaccuracy in my book.
Cam McKenzie. will be a star IMO. Just gets it done.

Smokie: Lloyd Johnstone

Busts

Tsatas, Ginbey, seems to be a bit of consensus here, which is interesting. As I said on the other thread, might be OK players, but will disappoint as top 10/ first round picks.

You might think I'm fence sitting, having a bob each way, and fair enough. But I've picked 2 players as busts purely because they are mooted as late first early second. If that happens its bust. If they get picked where they should, late third/ fourth, all good. IMO any bust after pick 40 isn't really a bust. Most players after pick 40 don't make it. So with that in mind: Fletcher, Allan

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Ginbey will be a quality player, but not top 20 material.

However the Eagles will take him first round if he is available. Talk over here is they split pick 2 to ensure they got him.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Not sure on booms or busts, but Jackson Broadbent is an intriguing prospect.

Exceptional skills for a kid of his size (same height, slightly heavier than Joe Daniher). Started year as a ruck prospect, but showed some great signs as a tall forward later in the year.

I’d rookie him in an instant if he goes undrafted in the ND

Reactions: 1 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
My busts

Gibney- not enough tricks or production, tweener no real position.
Tsatas- kicking is very iffy.

I think these two are my major concerns in the ten. My fav from outside the top 20, Jakob Ryan.
Tsatas lacks a bit of depth but he is more than capable of delivering at full speed, I don't think this will sink his career, Wardlaw & Clark aren't pretty kicks either.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Not sure on booms or busts, but Jackson Broadbent is an intriguing prospect.

Exceptional skills for a kid of his size (same height, slightly heavier than Joe Daniher). Started year as a ruck prospect, but showed some great signs as a tall forward later in the year.

I’d rookie him in an instant if he goes undrafted in the ND
Didn't get an invite to the combine, I think there's more to the Broadbent story than meets the eye.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Didn't get an invite to the combine, I think there's more to the Broadbent story than meets the eye.

Also got dropped from the WA team halfway through the U18 Championships and told he needed to work on his game at Colts level. Responded well to that. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. Does it mean he has a great work ethic to address deficiencies, or does he need a kick in the butt to get him going?

Actually hails from my hometown in WA, but I haven't been back there for 25 years and know nothing of him other than a few times I have seen him play WAFL colts for Peel.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I'll just pull some names out of my A** that are all 40+ selections

* Will Verrell
* Luke Teal
* Phoenix Foster
* Archie Lovelock
* Harry Lemmy

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Our bust consensus is really interesting.

Its developing into PRE V The World.

I had Phillipou as a bust until i learned hes 17, which changes things considerably.

Theres a fair bit of smoke about GC taking Ginbey,

Which wouldnt surprise me at all.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I had Phillipou as a bust until i learned hes 17, which changes things considerably.
I really like him, have all year. Has poise and is a pup. At worst I reckon he has an Andrew Embley career. I don't know if his best is the Bont consistently but there are flashes of that. But young enough to get so much better quickly.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
It does, didn't have him as a bust but thought he was being overrated. I take it all back.