2022 draft booms and busts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 draft booms and busts

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
So did Liam Baker.

Perhaps i should have said 'smoke screen'

My proper smokeys are not going on the internet
Worried about the opposition spies ezy :LOL:.
Our bust consensus is really interesting.

Its developing into PRE V The World.

I had Phillipou as a bust until i learned hes 17, which changes things considerably.

Theres a fair bit of smoke about GC taking Ginbey,

Which wouldnt surprise me at all.
I thought the same thing,lm not sure what his best position will be,but l guess with 18 clubs looking for forwards , if he becomes a third forward type,and can kick 25+ goals a season ,a top 10 pick would of been worth it.

These Forward/ruck types have become all the rage in recent times ,and that's because of having 18 teams ,but if a team can get 3-4 decent medium types ,you have a potent forward line.
I still think player's who are 193-197 cm make the best kp forwards .

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I like everything Tsatas does with his shoes until they connect with leather. Elite in traffic.

It's loopy kicks. Horrible action.
I think its Tsatas seems to me to have to hit top gear, and roost it with a taylor harris follow through,

In order to get the ball to travel 40m?

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Cmon you softo's. Ezy requested you put ya stones on the line and your coming out with top 5 picks (in some cases number 1) as you're booms.

Soft!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I like everything Tsatas does with his shoes until they connect with leather. Elite in traffic.

It's loopy kicks. Horrible action.
Remember a bloke called Shai Bolton? Same complaints, need to be cautious when assessing players at full tilt, it's one of the hardest skills in football.

Reactions: 1 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
I'd also be paying some respect to the fact Tsatas has suffered stress fractures.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Which high profile junior midfielder gets less than 30% of their disposals contested? That’s your bust right there.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Which high profile junior midfielder gets less than 30% of their disposals contested? That’s your bust right there.
Too simplistic, Tsatas gets 12 contested touches a match & 5 clearances, same as Hewett, the only difference being one collects a truckload of outside ball.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Busts:

Sheezel
Humphrey
Hustwaite
Davey Jnr
Northam
Konstanty

And about 15 others…

Boom:

Cadman
Jefferson
Clark
McKenzie
Ashcroft
Hollands
Philipou

And about 5-8 others ….

Bargains:

Barnett
Lovelock
Richards
Clohesy
Hotton

And about 5 or 6 others…

Reactions: 3 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Busts:

Sheezel
Humphrey
Hustwaite
Davey Jnr
Northam
Konstanty

And about 15 others…

Boom:

Cadman
Jefferson
Clark
McKenzie
Ashcroft
Hollands
Philipou

And about 5-8 others ….

Bargains:

Barnett
Lovelock
Richards
Clohesy
Hotton

And about 5 or 6 others…
Geelong not matching on Clohesy apparently, fair game in the main draft if we choose to go small. I suspect his kicking has caused a few concerns but I'd roll the dice with a late pick.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Cmon you softo's. Ezy requested you put ya stones on the line and your coming out with top 5 picks (in some cases number 1) as you're booms.

Soft!!!
Ezy picked the possible no 1 :LOL:.
But l will have another go

BOOMS...Archie Lovelock,Phoenix Foster,Hugh Bond.Ted Clohesy....I think these player's will be 100 games +

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Busts:

Sheezel
Humphrey
Hustwaite
Davey Jnr
Northam
Konstanty

And about 15 others…

Boom:

Cadman
Jefferson
Clark
McKenzie
Ashcroft
Hollands
Philipou

And about 5-8 others ….

Bargains:

Barnett
Lovelock
Richards
Clohesy
Hotton

And about 5 or 6 others…
Hotton as a bargain?,l rate him a bit too,is expected to go late 1st round early second round.
Geelong not matching on Clohesy apparently, fair game in the main draft if we choose to go small. I suspect his kicking has caused a few concerns but I'd roll the dice with a late pick.
His kicking isn't that bad,it's probably his run and carry ,and spread from contests which is the worry.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
It's true, this was a central reason behind him slipping deep into the second round. Tsatas has just come back from injury too, stress fractures in the foot need to be acknowledged.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Another boom - Lemmy.

You don’t lose ability over night. You can’t judge a kid on one bad year of footy.