2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
With the APS, AGS schools there is a MoU with AFL Vic that the kids will only do one program at a time. As they play on Saturdays is basically rules out NAB during the school season.
Don’t know for certain but pretty sure schools like St Pats follow the same deal. The main concern is running the boys into the ground with too much footy.
No ST PATS and Clarendon play both ,last year you had Gibcus ,Sam Butler ,Lohman ,From ST PATS ,and Hobbs from Clarendon,this year Van Es ,and Tedcastle (who's a smokey for a late pick/rookie) and a few other's.

The Tigers have a bit of a connection to ST PATS,Dan Rioli,Gibcus ,Hopper,and Grigg,Dan butler,,Cadman did play for ST PATS .
I think the metro's system is softer than the countries :LOL:,young player's recover quickly ,and it's more fast paced rather than physical football.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
George Wardlaw could easily be the best of the draft,

But someone really needs to set him straight

That playing for the AFL Academy

Against Collingwood reserves

Isnt 'representing my country'

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
George Wardlaw could easily be the best of the draft,

But someone really needs to set him straight

That playing for the AFL Academy

Against Collingwood reserves

Isnt 'representing my country'
He also likes Essendon.
Although said they asked him the weirdest questions at the interview.
Probably like “are you happy to sign consent forms without questioning why”?

Reactions: 3 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
2022 Draft Top 60

1. Will Ashcroft
2. Aaron Cadman
3. Harry Sheezel
4. George Wardlaw
5. Matteas Phillipou
6. Elijah Tsatas
7. Matt Jefferson
8. Elijah Hewett
9. Cam McKenzie
10. Jhye Clark

These are the players who I believe could headline the draft class in 4 years. There's a bit of risk with this grouping, you always run the gauntlet when you pick players with injury history (see Wardlaw) & also run the risk of coming up empty handed once you start recruiting key position prospects. The evenness of this draft makes these gambles a bit more palatable however, plenty of risk attached to Sheezel but the upside warrants the outlay. Hewett strikes me as a great value bet, there's something about his swagger that screams top 10 talent & if he slides outside the first half dozen then it would appear on the surface to be a be a very healthy top tier. Probably the biggest surprise for many is Tsatas climbing up the charts, I've decided to roll with him as the second best prospect after some careful consideration, the reasons for this boil down to the fact his contested game is far more evolved than the raw numbers would suggest. He does collect a lot of outside ball but his clearance numbers are comparable to many of the other mids featured in the top echelon. His two way running gives him the edge over players like Hewett. The fact he's a pro athlete also means he'll be good to go from day one. Wardlaw would be higher if not for the soft tissue injuries & mediocre kicking & Sheezel probably gets the award for the riskiest of all the top 5. I'm a fan of Sheezel by the way, I just feel he needs a good home to nurture his obvious talents & that would appear unlikely.

11. Lachie Cowan
12. Reuben Ginbey
13. Bailey Humphrey
14. Ollie Hollands
15. Jedd Busslinger
16. Ollie Hotton
17. Jacob Konstanty
18. Harry Barnett
19. Henry Hustwaite
20. Brayden George

All these players have the tools to very good AFL footballers, not necessarily headline acts but certainly core footballers who will provide a fresh injection of talent. I wouldn't normally have a ruck this high but Barnett looks to be versatile enough to spend some minutes in the forward line. Humphrey doesn't do it for me like he does with some others, I think it's the kicking that nudges him out of top 10 calculations. Busslinger is coming back from shoulder surgery so this must be factored into the equation, likewise George who is talented but tarnished by an ACL injury. Cowan comes in at 11 & that seems fair weight for the best rebounder in the draft. The fact he can also roll through the midfield also adds to his value. I see him in a similar light to Zach Williams when he was playing well for GWS, not so much nowadays. Ginbey still worries me somewhat but I'll slot him in at 12 based on some outstanding athletic capabilities. I don't think he's a guaranteed midfield starter, I think his WAFL form has brought him back to earth but there are some very appealing traits, I can definitely see the attraction.

21. Charlie Clarke
22. Isaac Keeler
23. Edward Allan
24. Coby Burgiel
25. Jaxon Binns
26. Harry Lemmey
27. Josh Weddle
28. Tom McCallum
29. Jakob Ryan
30. Darcy Jones

All these players have the ability to play AFL, some like Weddle & Binns probably don't have monster upsides but they would also appear to be legitimate best 22 candidates. Keeler probably goes later, that's the word on the street. One SA watcher who has seen a fair bit of him has gone completely cold & basically said he's a Vickery clone, I reckon that's a bit harsh but it probably accounts for his apparent fall from grace. I've bumped Lemmey up the charts because the upside is huge, I think people are too dismissive of the fact he had covid this year, for me it now becomes a buying opportunity and if he lands at Punt Road I'll be stoked. McCallum slipping under the radar a bit, I think all the Tassie boys cop a raw deal in these mock drafts, I personally put him neck & neck with Weddle at this particular juncture.

31. Jed Hagen
32. Max Gruzewski
33. Lewis Hayes
34. Billy Dowling
35. Jaspa Fletcher
36. Max Michalanney
37. Harry Rowston
38. Sam Gilbey
39. Alwyn Davey Jnr.
40. Jaiden Magor

This group carries some risk & I expect a handful of busts but there's plenty of positives to work with. Gruzewski has tons of talent but he still needs to establish a permanent home on the field, I think he's best suited to defence but I'm betting someone will size him up as a potential forward. Hayes collapsed at the combine so I'm putting him in the high risk basket. Dowling is a ball magnet, some ridiculous numbers in the SANFL u/18s, probably more a Grigg style accumulator rather than a coal face extractor but his leadership qualities appeal & so does his ability to run opponents off their feet. Binns is another running machine who should carve out an AFL career & Gilbey is one of those value defenders who could easily become a permanent fixture in an AFL side.

41. Ethan Phillips
42. Mitch Szybkowski
43. Will Verall
44. Cooper Harvey
45. Nick Sadler
46. Max Knobel
47. Seth Campbell
48. Jason Gilbee
49. Luke Teal
50. Noah Long

Quite a bit of speculation with this group, many will miss out given there will only be 45 selections apparently. With the exception of Phillips I'd say the others will need a few years in the system. Knobel will take time but he has shown some forward potential which adds to his value. Plenty of decent looking flankers, Teal & Gilbee solid picks and are the types who could defy their lowish standing. Verall is higher than most but his leap is very good for a heavy set ruck, Campbell slipping under the radar a bit.

51. Anthony Munkara
52. James Van Es
53. Jayden Davey
54. Archie Lovelock
55. Harvey Gallagher
56. Marlin Corbett
57. Phoenix Foster
58. Ted Clohesy
59. Cooper Vickery
60. Blake Drury

It's actually very hard to split this group from the 40-50 bracket, it's really a raffle from here. Van Es looks like a Talia type & could easily go higher, plenty of crafty small forwards to choose from, Harvey Gallagher another in the frame & he may get picked up earlier if he's seen as a defender. Corbett features due to his low trajectory bullet like kicking, Madden a project of sorts but he is ultra competitive like Mummy. Foster is one Richmond could seriously consider, very reliable in front of goal & ousts Scully for a spot in the top 60. I thought I'd also mention Casey Voss, 92% DE in the SANFL, probably lacking some athleticism but those numbers are crazy good.

The reality with this year's draft is many will miss out, I suspect there will be some disappointment after the draft but there's always the state leagues to offer up a second chance. Joshua Browne is one who forced his way onto the West Coast list last year, nothing concrete as yet but he's moving closer to a permanent berth.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Top 60

1. Will Ashcroft
2. Elijah Tsatas
3. Harry Sheezel
4. George Wardlaw
5. Aaron Cadman
6. Matt Jefferson
7. Matteas Phillipou
8. Elijah Hewett
9. Cam McKenzie
10. Jhye Clark

These are the players who I believe could headline the draft class in 4 years. There's a bit of risk with this grouping, you always run the gauntlet when you pick players with injury history (see Wardlaw) & also run the risk of coming up empty handed once you start recruiting key position prospects. The evenness of this draft makes these gambles a bit more palatable however, plenty of risk attached to Sheezel but the upside warrants the outlay. Hewett strikes me as a great value bet, there's something about his swagger that screams top 10 talent & if he slides outside the first half dozen then it would appear on the surface to be a be a very healthy top tier. Probably the biggest surprise for many is Tsatas climbing up the charts, I've decided to roll with him as the second best prospect after some careful consideration, the reasons for this boil down to the fact his contested game is far more evolved than the raw numbers would suggest. He does collect a lot of outside ball but his clearance numbers are comparable to many of the other mids featured in the top echelon. His two way running gives him the edge over players like Hewett. The fact he's a pro athlete also means he'll be good to go from day one. Wardlaw would be higher if not for the soft tissue injuries & mediocre kicking & Sheezel probably gets the award for the riskiest of all the top 5. I'm a fan of Sheezel by the way, I just feel he needs a good home to nurture his obvious talents & that would appear unlikely.

11. Lachie Cowan
12. Reuben Ginbey
13. Bailey Humphrey
14. Ollie Hollands
15. Jedd Busslinger
16. Ollie Hotton
17. Jacob Konstanty
18. Harry Barnett
19. Henry Hustwaite
20. Brayden George

All these players have the tools to very good AFL footballers, not necessarily headline acts but certainly core footballers who will provide a fresh injection of talent. I wouldn't normally have a ruck this high but Barnett looks to be versatile enough to spend some minutes in the forward line. Humphrey doesn't do it for me like he does with some others, I think it's the kicking that nudges him out of top 10 calculations. Busslinger is coming back from shoulder surgery so this must be factored into the equation, likewise George who is talented but tarnished by an ACL injury. Cowan comes in at 11 & that seems fair weight for the best rebounder in the draft. The fact he can also roll through the midfield also adds to his value. I see him in a similar light to Zach Williams when he was playing well for GWS, not so much nowadays. Ginbey still worries me somewhat but I'll slot him in at 12 based on some outstanding athletic capabilities. I don't think he's a guaranteed midfield starter, I think his WAFL form has brought him back to earth but there are some very appealing traits, I can definitely see the attraction.

21.Alwyn Davey Jnr.
22. Isaac Keeler
23. Edward Allan
24. Coby Burgiel
25. Mitch Szybkowski
26. Harry Lemmey
27. Josh Weddle
28. Tom McCallum
29. Jakob Ryan
30. Darcy Jones

All these players have the ability to play AFL, some like Weddle & Szybkowski probably don't have monster upsides but they would also appear to be legitimate best 22 candidates. Keeler probably goes later, that's the word on the street. One SA watcher who has seen a fair bit of him has gone completely cold & basically said he's a Vickery clone, I reckon that's a bit harsh but it probably accounts for his apparent fall from grace. I've bumped Lemmey up the charts because the upside is huge, I think people are too dismissive of the fact he had covid this year, for me it now becomes a buying opportunity and if he lands at Punt Road I'll be stoked. McCallum slipping under the radar a bit, I think all the Tassie boys cop a raw deal in these mock drafts, I personally put him neck & neck with Weddle at this particular juncture.

31. Jed Hagen
32. Max Gruzewski
33. Lewis Hayes
34. Billy Dowling
35. Jaspa Fletcher
36. Max Michalanney
37. Harry Rowston
38. Sam Gilbey
39. Noah Long
40. Jaiden Magor

This group carries some risk & I expect a handful of busts but there's plenty of positives to work with. Gruzewski has tons of talent but he still needs to establish a permanent home on the field, I think he's best suited to defence but I'm betting someone will size him up as a potential forward. Hayes collapsed at the combine so I'm putting him in the high risk basket. Dowling is a ball magnet, some ridiculous numbers in the SANFL u/18s, probably more a Grigg style accumulator rather than a coal face extractor but his leadership qualities appeal & so does his ability to run opponents off their feet. Binns is another running machine who should carve out an AFL career & Gilbey is one of those value defenders who could easily become a permanent fixture in an AFL side.

41. Ethan Phillips
42. Jaxon Binns
43. Will Verall
44. Cooper Harvey
45. Nick Sadler
46. Max Knobel
47. Seth Campbell
48. Jason Gilbee
49. Luke Teal
50. Charlie Clarke

Quite a bit of speculation with this group, many will miss out given there will only be 45 selections apparently. With the exception of Phillips I'd say the others will need a few years in the system. Binns looks like value in the deep end, you can strike it lucky with these hard running types. Knobel will take time but he has shown some forward potential which adds to his value. Plenty of decent looking flankers, Teal & Gilbee solid picks and are the types who could defy their lowish standing. Verall is higher than most but his leap is very good for a heavy set ruck, Campbell slipping under the radar a bit.

51. Anthony Munkara
52. James Van Es
53. Jayden Davey
54. Archie Lovelock
55. Seth Campbell
56. Marlin Corbett
57. Phoenix Foster
58. Nick Madden
59. Cooper Vickery
60. Blake Drury

It's actually very hard to split this group from the 40-50 bracket, it's really a raffle from here. Van Es looks like a Talia type & could easily go higher, plenty of crafty small forwards to choose from, Harvey Gallagher another in the frame & he may get picked up earlier if he's seen as a defender. Corbett features due to his low trajectory bullet like kicking, Madden a project of sorts but he is ultra competitive like Mummy. Foster is one Richmond could seriously consider, very reliable in front of goal & ousts Scully for a spot in the top 60. I thought I'd also mention Casey Voss, 92% DE in the SANFL, probably lacking some athleticism but those numbers are crazy good.

The reality with this year's draft is many will miss out, I suspect there will be some disappointment after the draft but there's always the state leagues to offer up a second chance. Joshua Browne is one who forced his way onto the West Coast list last year, nothing concrete as yet but he's moving closer to a permanent berth.

Great work Bully. :clap2

I largely agree with your ranking.

After the draft, i'll start my (lazy) favourite draft thread

booms and busts.

Ill establish the criteria, but broadly, you cant bust outside 20.

I realise this is lazy and only validated in four years

My early busts of your top 20 are

Tsatis, phillipou and gibney.

More on topic,

Clive palmer would test more athletic than Nick Madden.

I think he set a new record for smallest vertical leap?

I think hes come along 3 decades too late

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Great work Bully. :clap2

I largely agree with your ranking.

After the draft, i'll start my (lazy) favourite draft thread

booms and busts.

Ill establish the criteria, but broadly, you cant bust outside 20.

I realise this is lazy and only validated in four years

My early busts of your top 20 are

Tsatis, phillipou and gibney.

More on topic,

Clive palmer would test more athletic than Nick Madden.

I think he set a new record for smallest vertical leap?

I think hes come along 3 decades too late
Think back to Sean Darcy, Jarrod Witts, even Nank, I don't think you need a massive leap for this role. Madden is slow however & the question beckons as to whether he has the tank. I'm predicting that when he sheds 8 kilos he'll be much better suited to AFL. He's a project for sure but most rucks are once you go deep into the draft.

As for busts, Tsatas would be safer than most, he's a running machine so it would be unlikely he bombs completely. I think the risk lies with the low production athletes like Ginbey, 10 touches in the WAFL doesn't fill me with extreme confidence, I think there is a certain element of manchild domination hence I wouldn't be spending my first pick on this player type.

There will probably be a bust with a tall forward, could be Cadman, could be Jefferson, that is just the reality when rolling the dice with a premium pick. On the flipside, if you manage to secure a Coleman medalist with a teens pick then you are ahead of the game & things open up in future drafts where you can grab best available at every possible turn. No need to reach like Freo or the Doggies who have spent huge amounts of capital trying to fill this void.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Think back to Sean Darcy, Jarrod Witts, even Nank, I don't think you need a massive leap for this role. Madden is slow however & the question beckons as to whether he has the tank. I'm predicting that when he sheds 8 kilos he'll be much better suited to AFL. He's a project for sure but most rucks

Yeah at 18, with years of footy development, its an interesting watch if madden is more likely to make it than
a similarly enourmous athlete like mate colina??

Madden can play - he can certainly use his size toout muscle most 18 yo backmen, and he clunks a few i50, where there is a touch of Clokey about him (though i think its the massive arse, which no doubt caught @Leysy Days eye)

But id bet on him being an 80s ruckman - huge, glacially slow and unathletic, but tough and knows how to play footy. I havnt seen him make his way D50 too often but

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Top 60

1. Will Ashcroft
2. Elijah Tsatas
3. Harry Sheezel
4. George Wardlaw
5. Aaron Cadman
6. Matt Jefferson
7. Matteas Phillipou
8. Elijah Hewett
9. Cam McKenzie
10. Jhye Clark

11. Lachie Cowan
12. Reuben Ginbey
13. Bailey Humphrey
14. Ollie Hollands
15. Jedd Busslinger
16. Ollie Hotton
17. Jacob Konstanty
18. Harry Barnett
19. Henry Hustwaite
20. Brayden George

21.Alwyn Davey Jnr.
22. Isaac Keeler
23. Edward Allan
24. Coby Burgiel
25. Mitch Szybkowski
26. Harry Lemmey
27. Josh Weddle
28. Tom McCallum
29. Jakob Ryan
30. Darcy Jones

All these players have the ability to play AFL, some like Weddle & Szybkowski probably don't have monster upsides but they would also appear to be legitimate best 22 candidates. Keeler probably goes later, that's the word on the street. One SA watcher who has seen a fair bit of him has gone completely cold & basically said he's a Vickery clone, I reckon that's a bit harsh but it probably accounts for his apparent fall from grace. I've bumped Lemmey up the charts because the upside is huge, I think people are too dismissive of the fact he had covid this year, for me it now becomes a buying opportunity and if he lands at Punt Road I'll be stoked. McCallum slipping under the radar a bit, I think all the Tassie boys cop a raw deal in these mock drafts, I personally put him neck & neck with Weddle at this particular juncture.

31. Jed Hagen
32. Max Gruzewski
33. Lewis Hayes
34. Billy Dowling
35. Jaspa Fletcher
36. Max Michalanney
37. Harry Rowston
38. Sam Gilbey
39. Noah Long
40. Jaiden Magor

41. Ethan Phillips
42. Jaxon Binns
43. Will Verall
44. Cooper Harvey
45. Nick Sadler
46. Max Knobel
47. Seth Campbell
48. Jason Gilbee
49. Luke Teal
50. Charlie Clarke

Quite a bit of speculation with this group, many will miss out given there will only be 45 selections apparently. With the exception of Phillips I'd say the others will need a few years in the system. Binns looks like value in the deep end, you can strike it lucky with these hard running types. Knobel will take time but he has shown some forward potential which adds to his value. Plenty of decent looking flankers, Teal & Gilbee solid picks and are the types who could defy their lowish standing. Verall is higher than most but his leap is very good for a heavy set ruck, Campbell slipping under the radar a bit.

51. Anthony Munkara
52. James Van Es
53. Jayden Davey
54. Archie Lovelock
55. Harvey Gallagher
56. Marlin Corbett
57. Phoenix Foster
58. Nick Madden
59. Cooper Vickery
60. Blake Drury

If i had first pick for Richmond in each of your rounds of 10 Bully and FS are out of bounds (ashcroft is the best in the draft by a mile)

I'd take Sheezel, Humphrey, Darcy Jones, Jed Hagan , Binns and Marlin Corbett.

2 contrasting goal-kicking mids, a pair of liam bakers, some run, and some hard-working grace

Im going best available and going to the rookie/psd/msd for KP's

Last edited:

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
If i had first pick for Richmond in each of your rounds of 10 Bully and FS are out of bounds (ashcroft is the best in the draft by a mile)

I'd take Sheezel, Humphrey, Darcy Jones, Jed Hagan , Binns and Marlin Corbett.

2 contrasting goal-kicking mids, a pair of liam bakers, some run, and some hard-working grace

Im going best available and going to the rookie/psd/msd for KP's
The only player I'd add is Cowan, he's one of my personal favourites, a bit like your admiration for Hagan, I think Cowan is a ripper and will slot in beautifully from day one. Darcy Jones would be higher if not for height but I understand the love he gets from various quarters. No dramas grabbing him from outside the top 20. I was split on Sheezel vs Tsatas, there's a solid argument for both but in the end I went for Tsatas based on his more complete midfield CV. Wardlaw has the game but does he have the durability? This forces him down the pecking order. Cadman is 50/50 to live up to the expectations, much like any key forward, I actually thought Jefferson looked the better player during the Collingwood vs AIS game, that's in part why he's not ranked immediately behind Ashcroft. I think 5th is a fair reflection of the risk versus reward. Corbett has the game for AFL, lovely kicking technique, I hope he gets his chance. Binns is your classic gut running wingman, the third round is perfect territory to pick up a solid core footballer. This could be another steal late in the draft.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The only player I'd add is Cowan, he's one of my personal favourites, a bit like your admiration for Hagan, I think Cowan is a ripper and will slot in beautifully from day one. Darcy Jones would be higher if not for height but I understand the love he gets from various quarters. No dramas grabbing him from outside the top 20. I was split on Sheezel vs Tsatas, there's a solid argument for both but in the end I went for Tsatas based on his more complete midfield CV. Wardlaw has the game but does he have the durability? This forces him down the pecking order. Cadman is 50/50 to live up to the expectations, much like any key forward, I actually thought Jefferson looked the better player during the Collingwood vs AIS game, that's in part why he's not ranked immediately behind Ashcroft. I think 5th is a fair reflection of the risk versus reward. Corbett has the game for AFL, lovely kicking technique, I hope he gets his chance. Binns is your classic gut running wingman, the third round is perfect territory to pick up a solid core footballer. This could be another steal late in the draft.

We are in pretty close agreement

Durability is an underrated quality in juniors imo

Shouldnt necessarily be a deal-breaker, but definately used to split similar types.

An injury-prone 18yo doesnt necessarily become an injury prone man,

But a durable 18 usually becomes a durable man

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Good work Bullus, disagree with a few but nothing hugely out of whack, maybe Binns? I'd have him top 25, but even thats not a massive diff, Drury same, 40, but I think it will be a raffle beyond 15 anyway, solid.

(there is also 15-odd players who I haven't seen or noticed)

Last edited:

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
We are in pretty close agreement

Durability is an underrated quality in juniors imo

Shouldnt necessarily be a deal-breaker, but definately used to split similar types.

An injury-prone 18yo doesnt necessarily become an injury prone man,

But a durable 18 usually becomes a durable man
Nathan Freeman should be cautionary tale of treating soft tissue injuries with utmost respect when spending top 10 picks, things can deteriorate rather quickly. Even champs like Cyril Rioli & Dion Prestia have missed huge chunks of footy.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Good work Bullus, disagree with a few but nothing hugely out of whack, maybe Binns? I'd have him top 25, but even thats not a massive diff, Drury same, 40, but I think it will be a raffle beyond 15 anyway, solid.

(there is also 15-odd players who I haven't seen or noticed)
There's a few names who were close, D'Aloia will be one who will polarise but I've been down this path before, his strength has allowed him to cruise a bit but the fact remains he gets caught a truckload, I doubt he gets away with that at the highest level. Paul Pascu a bit stiff, I think he's draftable, Lloyd Johnston another I'd expect to be rookied and Jack Cleaver has quite a few runs on the board & is odds on to be selected by a WA team, likewise Steely Green. In all honesty, I could easily push those guys into the top 60, it's that even. I suppose everyone has their favourites & I would expect some of mine to miss the cut entirely. From all reports it's 45 in the main draft this year, that's on the lowish side but it also means there will be extreme value in the rookie draft.

Stewlander

Tiger Cub
Jan 20, 2016
Top 60

1. Will Ashcroft
2. Elijah Tsatas
3. Harry Sheezel
4. George Wardlaw
5. Aaron Cadman
6. Matt Jefferson
7. Matteas Phillipou
8. Elijah Hewett
9. Cam McKenzie
10. Jhye Clark

11. Lachie Cowan
12. Reuben Ginbey
13. Bailey Humphrey
14. Ollie Hollands
15. Jedd Busslinger
16. Ollie Hotton
17. Jacob Konstanty
18. Harry Barnett
19. Henry Hustwaite
20. Brayden George

21.Alwyn Davey Jnr.
22. Isaac Keeler
23. Edward Allan
24. Coby Burgiel
25. Mitch Szybkowski
26. Harry Lemmey
27. Josh Weddle
28. Tom McCallum
29. Jakob Ryan
30. Darcy Jones

31. Jed Hagen
32. Max Gruzewski
33. Lewis Hayes
34. Billy Dowling
35. Jaspa Fletcher
36. Max Michalanney
37. Harry Rowston
38. Sam Gilbey
39. Noah Long
40. Jaiden Magor

41. Ethan Phillips
42. Jaxon Binns
43. Will Verall
44. Cooper Harvey
45. Nick Sadler
46. Max Knobel
47. Seth Campbell
48. Jason Gilbee
49. Luke Teal
50. Charlie Clarke

51. Anthony Munkara
52. James Van Es
53. Jayden Davey
54. Archie Lovelock
55. Harvey Gallagher
56. Marlin Corbett
57. Phoenix Foster
58. Nick Madden
59. Cooper Vickery
60. Blake Drury

Absolutely outstanding work by you! I like you am quite high on tassies McCallum. Reckon we need to start thinking about a Grimes replacement (I know nearly impossible). That good sized hybrid back who can lock down a tall and small but is an intercept threat too. To me McCallum is close to the best at it (barring maybe Weddle) and as the Tassie boys get forgotten a bit he could be a chance to get to us.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I have info that if Binns makes our pick we'll take him. Carlton are most keen along with us but we don't have any early picks to make sure we get him. If he slides we are a decent chance to take him according to the info i got a week or so ago.

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
We have 5 nothing picks this year and if we score 1 200 game player we have done a brilliant job and if we get 2 then we deserve a gold medal.

Yes i know im dreaming yeah , But with good reason
Broad , Grimes , Short , Pickett , Castagna , Soldo , Butler , Chol , Baker just to name a few

We do our best work after pick #50

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
There's a few names who were close, D'Aloia will be one who will polarise but I've been down this path before, his strength has allowed him to cruise a bit but the fact remains he gets caught a truckload, I doubt he gets away with that at the highest level. Paul Pascu a bit stiff, I think he's draftable, Lloyd Johnston another I'd expect to be rookied and Jack Cleaver has quite a few runs on the board & is odds on to be selected by a WA team, likewise Steely Green. In all honesty, I could easily push those guys into the top 60, it's that even. I suppose everyone has their favourites & I would expect some of mine to miss the cut entirely. From all reports it's 45 in the main draft this year, that's on the lowish side but it also means there will be extreme value in the rookie draft.

Yeah i think Lloyd Johnson is good enough for AFL. GC have rights to him but not sure they have the list room. Possibly a train-on SSP project id say, see how a kid from Boraloola adjusts to the big smoke? Touch of darryl white about him.

Another smokey im onto is Jaiden Magor SA - goal kicking mid with a sublime set shot action. Bit of a heavily discounted Harry Sheezel

Theres more AFL players just outside the light of the media campfire than ever this year, i agree bully the rookie draft will be like any other years 3rd round, and i think we'll see 19yos invited to train over summer more than the DFA's and journeymen

Conversely, theres more kids fireside this year who will get burnt.

Last edited:

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I have info that if Binns makes our pick we'll take him. Carlton are most keen along with us but we don't have any early picks to make sure we get him. If he slides we are a decent chance to take him according to the info i got a week or so ago.
can't see him sliding, but here's hoping.