2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Josh Rentsch (Sturt)

Position: Forward (197cm, 100kg)

Josh Rentsch is considered one of the strongest contested marks in the AFL Draft crop. The key forward has been likened to Port Adelaide’s Charlie Dixon, due to his sheer size and presence. But despite winning the 2021 Morrish Medal (NAB League best and fairest) and being named in both the 2021 NAB League Team of the Year and the Victoria Country State Under 19s team, Rentsch was overlooked in the 2021 Draft. So he turned to Sturt in the SANFL and dominated at Reserves level, kicking 12.8 in seven games. The teen was promoted to the league side to see out the 2022 season, but didn’t have as big an impact on the scoreboard, finishing with 10 goals from 11 games.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah i think Lloyd Johnson is good enough for AFL. GC have rights to him but not sure they have the list room. Possibly a train-on SSP project id say, see how a kid from Boraloola adjusts to the big smoke? Touch of darryl white about him.

Another smokey im onto is Jaiden Magor SA - goal kicking mid with a sublime set shot action. Bit of a heavily discounted Harry Sheezel

Theres more AFL players just outside the light of the media campfire than ever this year, i agree bully the rookie draft will be like any other years 3rd round, and i think we'll see 19yos invited to train over summer more than the DFA's and journeymen

Conversely, theres more kids fireside this year who will get burnt.
I have Magor ranked at 40, good shout.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It's a ranking, not sure about each club's intentions but I would still be going best available until the third round.

I see the essential difference of the two thus;

A ranking is useful,

A phantom is not.

Reactions: 1 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
3rd rd then becomes an "on a needs basis" selection?
I think so, the tall talent runs deep, there might be a flanker or two you could overlook to get a key forward. Verrall or Lemmey my picks at this stage. Happy with Binns but I think it's highly unlikely.

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I think so, the tall talent runs deep, there might be a flanker or two you could overlook to get a key forward. Verrall or Lemmey my picks at this stage. Happy with Binns but I think it's highly unlikely.
Would you add Phoenix Foster as the 3rd option

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
12.8 in seven games is hardly dominating. If it was in 2 games then sure but 7!!! it’s less than 2 goals a game