2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Wow what a revelation, clearly the AFL employ talented journos who really know how to find a story before anyone else.

Seriously, do they get paid for stating the bleedingly obvious? Barrett just makes sh!t up and now we get a story which could have been written 2 years ago.

DS
Sarah is the last person you should be criticising. She is a passionate Tiger and one of few competent journos at AFL house.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Wow what a revelation, clearly the AFL employ talented journos who really know how to find a story before anyone else.

Seriously, do they get paid for stating the bleedingly obvious? Barrett just makes sh!t up and now we get a story which could have been written 2 years ago.

DS
Come on, DS. They just wanted to give the work experience girl a big thrill, telling her they'd publish one of her big insights on the website.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Sarah is the last person you should be criticising. She is a passionate Tiger and one of few competent journos at AFL house.
Just saw this after my post, and TBH, knew nothing about her. If she is a passionate Tiger girl, great, I'm truly delighted because there are so few with any RFC allegiance in the media; hardly any willing to go in to bat for us.
But it's hardly a revelation.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Not sure he will last to our pick. He’s a perfect fit.

Thoughts on Elijah Tsatas? I’m not sold on him yet for some reason. Everyone is raving about him.

I need to see more of Jhye Clark from Geelong, numbers look good.
So who are you talking about actually? Elijah Tsatas or Hewett? One in MY draft; the other in EOY.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Not sure he will last to our pick. He’s a perfect fit.

Thoughts on Elijah Tsatas? I’m not sold on him yet for some reason. Everyone is raving about him.

I need to see more of Jhye Clark from Geelong, numbers look good.
Clark is one of the best mids in the nab cup this year,very good player

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Big chance….
I'm with Daniel, KK and you on Carrigan too, although could take another year or two of development, but that's fine with me as fine with the likes of Cotch and/or Sheds going another year.
But if he happens to be gone (which I am slightly less concerned about as injuries/gaps for some clubs like the Bummers need a ready-made player right now), I guess it will be D'Ambrosio. He looks solid but we have plenty of his HBF/HFF type, unless he can turn into another (midget) mid.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Aren't they both in the ND? I didn't think either are mid year.
Yes, my bad. Should have gone back and checked Red's post that Scoop responded to, and know little about E. Hewett. Thought he might have been up for MYD as recent posts referred to that.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Knowing how our team works this is a ruse for sure. We are after someone else and likely setting up someone to take him before us.

We have form with this - we've sent Carlscum after Stocker and Philp before when they thought we were keen. In reality we had no interest.

The players we are most interested in we never speak to. That ensures the managers can't leak info out to other clubs.
So we must have employed the old double ruse trick. So we pretended to be keen on this guy, but other recruiters chasing RFC thought it was just a ruse to deceive and went elsewhere, but the ruse was that we really were and so we played the old double back to grab him ruse.
Works every time. :LOL:

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
So we must have employed the old double ruse trick. So we pretended to be keen on this guy, but other recruiters chasing RFC thought it was just a ruse to deceive and went elsewhere, but the ruse was that we really were and so we played the old double back to grab him ruse.
Works every time. :LOL:
Maybe they have changed tact after a few dud drafts prior to 2021

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
All 4 of them will retire. A very small chance Jack goes on given our lack of tall forward options but the others are certain to pull the pin.
We haven’t had the bloody trade and draft period yet , I’m certain jacks long term replacement will be recruited at that juncture

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
I know the conditions were terrible but SA showed very little. No wonder the NSW sides are doing well their Academy was way better all game. Liked 25, 33, 31 and 41 for NSW. 38 is a big lad for SA who might have potential is still very raw and young. Overall an entertaining game played in adverse conditions so small and chunky had the advantage.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
A couple of key points from the game, thought Tom Sculley was shoved around far too easy by a much smaller back man. some people have him top 5, I’d like to see him some more but I have more questions than answers.

And I’m serious on Walls, felt like I was watching Caleb Daniel at AFL level. Phillipou looked like he was playing dry weather footy, he’s a serious talent. 192 cm smooth mover. He’s on my watchlist after that half.

And I mentioned him last year, Angus Anderson, works his tail off. Honest on baller. Keep watching him.

Reactions: 5 users