2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Watched McCallum in a game for Clarence this year. Would have had 20 kicks, but only about 5 hit the target. Moves well, takes a nice grab but a complete butcher by foot
What sort of kicks are we talking? Long pots to packs or technical issues?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Although desperate for a developing key forward, we’ve also let go our three best developing inside contested on ballers in Aarts, Martyn and RCD.
We could definitely do with picking up a Ted Clohesy or Dowling to develop in this department.
The club may think Beaur is a legitimate forward so picking up just one more tall may surfice.

Reactions: 5 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Although desperate for a developing key forward, we’ve also let go our three best developing inside contested on ballers in Aarts, Martyn and RCD.
We could definitely do with picking up a Ted Clohesy or Dowling to develop in this department.
The club may think Beaur is a legitimate forward so picking up just one more tall may surfice.
I reckon those two would be solid picks, can still get one tall as well.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Reportedly Gold Coast,s 45 on the table.
They want future picks. Say future 3rd and 4th.
And 45 will shrink down to say 40 on the night.

Anyone interested?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Reportedly Gold Coast,s 45 on the table.
They want future picks. Say future 3rd and 4th.
And 45 will shrink down to say 40 on the night.

Anyone interested?
They would be lucky to get a 4th rounder for that pick

We cant trade any future picks anyway

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Interesting that how's his kicking and ground level play , work rate, etc.One thing through always kicks goals.

His kicking looks pretty good, set shots anyway. Ground level play looks good too, and he covers a fair bit of ground. He is a guy who finds the footy and can kick bags.

but........

I am always wary of KPFs at WAFL level. The WAFL produces some top shelf KPDs, but they are all on AFL lists. The depth isn't really there, so a half reasonable KPF who can lead into space and hold a grab always looks ok.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It's great that at this late stage no1 knows who our picks will be. Not all that long ago it was well known at this stage. Lessons have been learned.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It's great that at this late stage no1 knows who our picks will be. Not all that long ago it was well known at this stage. Lessons have been learned.

I overhead a bloke in a taxi in a pub on big footy saying

We'd be taking tim Tarranto, and jake Hopper

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If the Bombers take my boy Mattaes Phillipou at four it will disappoint me greatly. Hate to see them do something good.

Hearing Clark and Tsatas on the nose. Both could drop outside the top 10.

Madness for Clark.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If the Bombers take my boy Mattaes Phillipou at four it will disappoint me greatly. Hate to see them do something good.

Hearing Clark and Tsatas on the nose. Both could drop outside the top 10.

Madness for Clark.
Clark will still go to Geelong I reckon.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Druggies are trading pick 4

Moving back this year and into 1st round next year.

A good move by Dudoro

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne allegedly offering 13, 2 future firsts, (Freo and Melb) for pick 3, 4 or 5.

so say 3 mid-to-late first rounders for 1 top 5 pick. Food for thought if anyone still thinks we overpaid for TT and JH. The tabloid headlines grouping all first round picks together is a furphy. The top 5 are the nearest thing you can get to a guaranteed star, mid to late first round nowhere near it.

Reactions: 2 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Melbourne allegedly offering 13, 2 future firsts, (Freo and Melb) for pick 3, 4 or 5.

so say 3 mid-to-late first rounders for 1 top 5 pick. Food for thought if anyone still thinks we overpaid for TT and JH. The tabloid headlines grouping all first round picks together is a furphy. The top 5 are the nearest thing you can get to a guaranteed star, mid to late first round nowhere near it.
Druggies give up 22 also.

Given depth in 2023 it’s a great deal for them and a shocking deal for the Shemons. They’ve lost the plot offering that.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Druggies give up 22 also.

Given depth in 2023 it’s a great deal for them and a shocking deal for the Shemons. They’ve lost the plot offering that.
OK, so effectively 2 mid to late firsts for a top 4 pick. You can argue the merits of the deal either way I suppose, but 'lost the plot' is ludicrous. You'd do that deal, Melb I mean, most of the time in most drafts.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Me too, he's super safe. I don't get the Selwood calls, Clark reminds me of Luke Power.
Agree he's super safe, (and the Selwood calls). But is he top 10? To me it isn't much of an argument, pick 7 or pick 27, he's a good player. But for me I want a bigger tick in the 'hollywood' box for a top 10 pick.