2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Wouldnt it be good if the guy we choose with pick 40-odd turns out in the Top 20 of those looking back lists produced down the track. That should be our aim.

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Brayden George, I think he's the man Melbourne are after, no inside word just a gut feel.
I was about to post his name but thought i would read through first and seen you have mentioned his name
from what i have read he was the player most likely a top 10 pick prior to his injury and projects a petracca type

gamble but massive upside would be worth the risk

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
This is where I'm a bit more forgiving, at state level he struggled to get involved but I don't think it was a lack of competitiveness, probably more based on gameplan & delivery. Looking at his reserves form he played pretty well in the finals, that is probably the equivalent to playing a bottom team at senior level. The contested marking hasn't been as strong as it was last year but the skill set is still there.
Just your opinion on Lemmy's ability to play defence

We are all talking about him as a foward but he has been played as a defender this year how did he look ?
Perhaps if available at our selection taking both Scully and Lemmy and see which turns out the better foward and if it is Scully and Lemmy has the ability to play kpd then might be a tarrant replacement in 1-2 years combined with Gibcus & Balta certainly adds flexibility

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I thought we have recruiters in SA and WA working for us I’m sure I heard him say that are they the only states ?.

We have talent scouts in WA and SA who are part-timers and watch footy on the weekends. It's almost done on a volunteer basis given what they are paid.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Just your opinion on Lemmy's ability to play defence

We are all talking about him as a foward but he has been played as a defender this year how did he look ?
Perhaps if available at our selection taking both Scully and Lemmy and see which turns out the better foward and if it is Scully and Lemmy has the ability to play kpd then might be a tarrant replacement in 1-2 years combined with Gibcus & Balta certainly adds flexibility
Lemmey looked ok, his field kicking solid without the wow factor, in the Collingwood game he pushed up into defence playing as a centre half forward, I liked the proactivity in that instance, there was a clear desire to get himself involved. From my perspective Lemmey has the tools to be a viable CHF with some ability to pinch hit in the ruck. I think you could possibly entertain a role in defence, Himmelberg the player I'm visualising, in fact this has been my template from day one. Scully at this point doesn't have the strength for a ruck role but if he can put on some mass then it's an option & makes him a much more desirable addition. Being bottom aged I reckon that's still a possibility, perhaps that's where the RFC see him, if so I would be ok going down that path.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Preparing for life without Pickett maybe?
I think with Jefferson in the bag they can take a few risks, he's the type to justify spending a future first, top 10 talent but coming back from an ACL, risky but could be a masterstroke if George still possesses the aerial ability & lateral movement.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Lemmey looked ok, his field kicking solid without the wow factor, in the Collingwood game he pushed up into defence playing as a centre half forward, I liked the proactivity in that instance, there was a clear desire to get himself involved. From my perspective Lemmey has the tools to be a viable CHF with some ability to pinch hit in the ruck. I think you could possibly entertain a role in defence, Himmelberg the player I'm visualising, in fact this has been my template from day one. Scully at this point doesn't have the strength for a ruck role but if he can put on some mass then it's an option & makes him a much more desirable addition. Being bottom aged I reckon that's still a possibility, perhaps that's where the RFC see him, if so I would be ok going down that path.
If Lemmey becomes a Harry Himmelberg type player im certainly on board with that , I love kpp that have the ability to play foward and defence and combined with Balta , Gibcus , Miller that gives us so much more flexibility and scope to make changes during games and needs. Defence wins premierships and the personnel to plug holes and cover opposition fowards

Scully is one of the youngest players in the draft and almost 1 year behind a player like lemmey in his development
RFC have spoken and shown the most interest according to his interview so the interest must be there
perhaps in 3-4 years time we could be looking at a 206cm 105kgs fwd/ruck that is good below his knees

We really are using house money here with these picks and im sure there would have been alot of work done by our recruiters on these late picks knowing a long way out thats all we would have to use this and next draft but i must say there is a bit to select from at these picks with the big boys that are remaining.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
If Lemmey becomes a Harry Himmelberg type player im certainly on board with that , I love kpp that have the ability to play foward and defence and combined with Balta , Gibcus , Miller that gives us so much more flexibility and scope to make changes during games and needs. Defence wins premierships and the personnel to plug holes and cover opposition fowards

Scully is one of the youngest players in the draft and almost 1 year behind a player like lemmey in his development
RFC have spoken and shown the most interest according to his interview so the interest must be there
perhaps in 3-4 years time we could be looking at a 206cm 105kgs fwd/ruck that is good below his knees

We really are using house money here with these picks and im sure there would have been alot of work done by our recruiters on these late picks knowing a long way out thats all we would have to use this and next draft but i must say there is a bit to select from at these picks with the big boys that are remaining.
It's a good draft for talls, better than most years & is kind of fortunate that we are in the market for some key position prospects. When you look over previous years it's still possible to pluck out a Larkey type steal if you do your homework. Clearly we have so let's just cross the fingers and hope we make the right calls. Grabbing both Lemmey & Scully would also make a truckload of sense, that creates an ultra competitive environment and hopefully nails them down to Victoria.

Reactions: 2 users

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
I don’t know about others, but I like to have a list of possibles, which I cross out as they get selected on the way to our pick(s). Obviously a bit harder this year with 26 picks (more or less) before we get our go, but here’s my list of ten that we might target and could be available at one or both our picks:
Lemmey
Binns
Scully
Phillips
Knobel
Foster
Dowling
Van Es
Drury
Teal

Anyone I’ve missed?

Reactions: 1 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
I don’t know about others, but I like to have a list of possibles, which I cross out as they get selected on the way to our pick(s). Obviously a bit harder this year with 26 picks (more or less) before we get our go, but here’s my list of ten that we might target and could be available at one or both our picks:
Lemmey
Binns
Scully
Phillips
Knobel
Foster
Dowling
Van Es
Drury
Teal

Anyone I’ve missed?
I'd slot in Ted Clohesy as well, need to grab him in the main draft, Lovelock & Seth Campbell if we go small forward.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I'll have a go in order with 10 somewhat realistic expectations

Keeler
Teal
Binns
Lemmey
Foster
Long
Scully
Van Es
Verrall
Knobel

* Soft spot for Lovelock as a rookie

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
I'll have a go in order with 10 somewhat realistic expectations

Keeler
Teal
Binns
Lemmey
Foster
Long
Scully
Van Es
Verrall
Knobel

* Soft spot for Lovelock as a rookie
Do you reckon Keeler passes the competitor test? I'd take him but I wonder if Matt Clarke feels the same way.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Do you reckon Keeler passes the competitor test? I'd take him but I wonder if Matt Clarke feels the same way.
I think that amount of talent needs to be given a chance and the upside is massive
at pick in the 40's/50's i would take that chance

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
No matter what happens tonight, I think we can all agree we need more players with homemade leg tattoos.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users