2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Bully Bradtke should come into calculations for us now, I reckon as a rookie or Tyler Keitel as someone mentioned.
I've cooled on Bradtke, the reasoning is his game isn't evolved enough, just glimpses of raw athleticism, being mature age means he's a bit behind the eightball. I think we have to hope Ryan comes up trumps, that is still some possibility. I'm even thinking we should give Gibcus a run up forward. Beyond that I think free agency might be the go, next year's draft will be probably throw up some talent but very unlikely to be 5 key forwards in the third round, that doesn't happen too often.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
There is one tall defender right under our noses and he should be drafted today. Tylar Young. We will probably keep two picks for the mid season.

Expect plans are also in place, if not well advanced, to bring in a key forward in time for 2024. Our target is probably Ben King, although Adelaide’s Darcy Fogarty may also be on the radar.

Last night the better talls were all gone by our picks and we stuck to best available. Given where we came from the result was excellent.

Reactions: 3 users

Danjam

Tiger Cub
Oct 16, 2022
We are going to have to draft a key forward this afternoon and I reckon Jovan Petric is the best available. Only 18 so potentially more upside then the mature age KPF’s left. Wouldn’t mind going with Mitch Szyb or Archie Lovelock if they are still around for a second pick.

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
The madness was not going Van Rooyen last year. I’m a Brown fan but that position is much more easily covered.

We had the chance to get a decent tall forward and we blew it.

Reactions: 7 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Club strategy pretty obvious after the last two years drafting that there's now an emphasis on accurate kicking & speed after the SHocking rule changes to reduce pressure & contested footy.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Club strategy pretty obvious after the last two years drafting that there's now an emphasis on accurate kicking & speed after the SHocking rule changes to reduce pressure & contested footy.
And all* willing to work hard and compete hard, regardless of size. No outside seagulls

*one last year is questionable work ethic by reports.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Don't know about all the kids but I do like the look of Phillipou. Time will tell but I think for once the Saints have got a beauty there at pick 10.
Their pick from last year Winbager look’s an absolute beauty too.
Won the 2klm time trial at Saints first training run. A big unit too

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Northam I think you want to develop into a ruck, probably needs another 3cm. It's pretty hard to land a winner in the rookie draft, Chol is a rarity, I can't really think of too many others who have made the grade. I would hazard a guess that 90% have come from the national draft, by most measures, 60 goal forwards almost exclusively but even 40 goal players few and far between as rookies. I think we need to focus on best available at this stage, quite a few left with AFL qualities. Turning to my top 40 list, I don't think we need more back flankers so rule out Hagen & Gilbey. Magor is an x-factor type so keep him in the frame. Too late for Clohesy, he's Geelong bound now, I think I take Mitch Szybkowski with what's remaining, can't hurt to get another midfielder in & I think Verrall would be a decent project ruck, definitely plenty of athleticism for the role.
My 2 that im hoping for just to keep interest is Verrall & Teal

lets see what Rabbit we pull out of our hats today

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
For sometime I think that the bigger questions about recruitment have had a lot to do with the introduction of the 666 and stand rules.

The greater reliance on accurate disposal has meant the end of the road for some, and a similar threat for at least 2-3 who remain..

The recruitment of talls also has a different focus. Strength and hardness will become even more important with Lynchy’s qualities at a premium and Jacks less so. That is not to say one type is better just that the game is now better suited to a Lynch than a JR.

And after leaving us for a long time to wonder what was going on, I reckon Dimma has pretty much decided to return to chaos as our preferred game style.
Kick, run and tackle, which may see Noah tried again in the forward line, (this time with glasses).