2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Timmy yet to get an AA nod, he's not there yet, needs more than a B&F & whilst that is mighty impressive for a second year player one season doesn't maketh the man.
My point is, I don't think Hewitt can reach these heights of anyone in this group. You clearly think he has AA capabilities, BNF potential and can be a number one mid in a side that competes for a flag. I think he's a complimentary mid that will never be a number one mid in a side that competes for a flag.

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
How much difference $100k a year makes to peoples opinions !!

If these boys were on $600k-$650k x 7 years i don't think anybody would have thought it might be a concern
just to put that in prospective that's having 1 player like Castagna not in the club and replacing him with a kid

Regarding what we paid in draft picks, just look at what players like Cerra have been traded for #7+F3
we would not have been able to trade #14+#22 for a top 7 pick in this years draft

Im expecting both TT & JH to play 150+ games and hopefully 200 games for the RFC and pocket 1-2 medals along the way

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
And it's relative to the strength of the draft, Sydney being so willing and keen to trade out of two picks in the teens tells me so much about what those in club land actually perceived this draft to be. This was judged to be a weak draft.

I've bitched and moaned about our lack of mids for ten years, this is the first time I see us having a legit collection of A-grade mids. We've fixed the problem without selling the farm and risking the long-term future of the club.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
And it's relative to the strength of the draft, Sydney being so willing and keen to trade out of two picks in the teens tells me so much about what those in club land actually perceived this draft to be. This was judged to be a weak draft.

I've bitched and moaned about our lack of mids for ten years, this is the first time I see us having a legit collection of A-grade mids. We've fixed the problem without selling the farm and risking the long-term future of the club.
Agreed and Melbourne were prepared to give up their 2 picks in 2023 plus #14 which they drafted Jefferson with for a top 6 pick to hawks/Suns/bombers.

In regards to our midfield strength and depth , I also like you have alot of confidence now in our ability to win midfield and stoppage clearances and was sick of screaming at the game about how we so easily get smashed on the inside and how much pressure our defenders come under.

Hopper , Taranto , Prestia , Cotchin , Martin , Bolton , Graham , Pickett , Sonsie , Baker , Short - Thats 11 deep and flexibility to Rotate foward and add fire power and unpredictability .

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006

West Coast have deliberately cast a shadow over Hewett, wonderful smoke screening, nothing preventing him from becoming AA based on skill set. At the moment Taranto has a solid body of work but I think Hewett will match it, that's just my gut feel. Even if he's caught behind a fraction I think the addition of Cowan will off-set the shortfall.

I also think Keeler plus next year's first sets the bar pretty high for Hopper, if Keeler plays 150 games I would say we're behind already and that doesn't even account for next year's first. Big ask for a player coming back from knee surgery. If we cop a bad run with injuries next year and that pick becomes a top 10 selection then you can probably assume another gun mid or forward would have been in the frame. That's significant risk, especially given we are light on for forwards.

Maybe Blair is the fixer in this instance, we'll just have to see, those developments will be critical heading into the future.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Who's the older gentleman in our 2022 draft team 'sitting at the head of the table'? :oops:

Anyone seen him before? Is that Matthew Clarke? :unsure:

Anyway, he shouldn't get off scot free for this year's recruits ;)

1670148687173.png

1670148382519.png

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Who's the older gentleman in our 2022 draft team 'sitting at the head of the table'? :oops:

View attachment 17582

View attachment 17579
Speaking of that I noticed Richard ? On the Crows table , not sure how-long hes been there . Also the big fella who use to be besides Dimma is now at the Bombers

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I also think Keeler plus next year's first sets the bar pretty high for Hopper, if Keeler plays 150 games I would say we're behind already and that doesn't even account for next year's first. Big ask for a player coming back from knee surgery. If we cop a bad run with injuries next year and that pick becomes a top 10 selection then you can probably assume another gun mid or forward would have been in the frame. That's significant risk, especially given we are light on for forwards.

Maybe Blair is the fixer in this instance, we'll just have to see, those developments will be critical heading into the future.
Then we have the other side of the coin

If either of or both Smith & Green become good players that off sets the Keeler miss as these 2 players are what we received back for giving up the keeler pick (if infact Blair/Matty) would have selected him at all.

Reactions: 4 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Speaking of that I noticed Richard ? On the Crows table , not sure how-long hes been there . Also the big fella who use to be besides Dimma is now at the Bombers
Richard Taylor is the Adelaide guy, been there since Feb this year 2022.

Essendumb's which guy in the second pic below, is he in that room? Can't find a name, sorry :(

1670149219062.png

1670149600681.png

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne

View attachment 17582

View attachment 17579
9 people on the room to make 2 very vert late selections and no biscuits on the table
No wonder Balmey didnt bother coming

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I'd say 4th from left is still with us. I'm sure I saw him on Tuesday night at our table. Must be twins?

View attachment 17585
Your thinking of our AFLW recruiter Trent Moseby - the Druggies guy is a different person.
Bummers taken a few of us.

First Noel Judkins went with Sheedy, Merv Keane never came back did he?
And the Richardson's, the Truck's, Caracella, damn that club!! :mad:

1670150803100.png

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
That’s him , Mark Lieshman look alike
Funny, I was going to go to the PGA last week in Brizzy but couldn't get up there unfortunately.

And I had one of my Richmond hats I was going to wear, find him on the course and after they walk off the tee's yell -

UNGEASH THE LEASH :LOL:

• Haha

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
1670151766794.png
9 [ep[le on the room to make 2 very vert late selections and no biscuits on the table
No wonder Balmey didn't bother coming
The earlier pics were our pick 49, this guy on the right was leaning backwards, now leaning forward at pick 55.

Makes it 10 we have seen in the room :LOL: