2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for posting these BT

Watched jed hagan since he was 13.

Lashings of Liam Baker
I thought he was good in his champs match ,l still think the tiges will go a kp or two and maybe even a ruck Broadbent doesn't turn 18 until December and played WAFL seniors as a 16 year old last year ,at 204cm he's quite agile and good kicking skills .

People are saying this year's draft lacks depth ,l disagree you just have to look at some of the player's who are playing NAB cup while the champs are on .
We won't fix all our problems in one year ,and their are more mids to get each year through FA or trade and draft,and very few decent kp's available .

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Richmond have some massive gaps coming up.
Edwards, Lambert, Cotchin, Jack and possibly Dusty all on the brink of retirement or leaving.
Prestia over 30 and unreliable.
All have carried our team for a long time. Match winners.
Going to be a very interesting trade period coming up.
Suggest Taranto isn’t our only target
All good things come to a end nothing new , this squad of players did there job 3 flags change and innovation had to come the key for me let's not spend 30 years dwelling before we challenge again.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I thought he was good in his champs match ,l still think the tiges will go a kp or two and maybe even a ruck Broadbent doesn't turn 18 until December and played WAFL seniors as a 16 year old last year ,at 204cm he's quite agile and good kicking skills .

People are saying this year's draft lacks depth ,l disagree you just have to look at some of the player's who are playing NAB cup while the champs are on .
We won't fix all our problems in one year ,and their are more mids to get each year through FA or trade and draft,and very few decent kp's available .
Yeah theres 30 or so AFL footballers there every year

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah theres 30 or so AFL footballers there every year
Depends on your definition of AFL footballer and impact they have.

If you think over 30 plus years of the Draft that on average the top 30 players taken would/should make up the vast majority of the 30 players you‘re saying are AFL footballers, then the bandwidth of picks 26 to 30 averages about 60 games. If you think 60 games is acceptable to qualify as an AFL footballer you then need to discount that when you consider that roughly half will be making up the numbers in bottom 8 sides Ie getting cheap games so to speak.

Hard to know, but once you take that factor into account and then to be fair, add back in bargain picks beyond pick 30, it probably works out to be 20-25 genuine or impactful AFL footballers - again if it’s 60 games that is your qualification.

Some people might say 60 is too low, others too high. If someone thinks 100 games qualifies as a genuinely impactful AFL footballer then the number drops way below 20 players per year. 40 games…yes that might be closer to the 30 AFL players per year.

I suppose average career games of players in Premiership teams is a good reference point. You get that, then transpose it into the data I’ve seen, then that’ll tell you what average number of Draftees are going to be truly impactful AFL players each year. Personally, suspect at premiership level it may work out to only be about 13-15 or so each year. Dunno.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Sizzle is interesting.
Depends on how much improvement you think he has. Is he a man child? Bit of Jack Graham about him at under 18 level.

Apparently a great endurance runner, want to see his sprint work. But he’s a work rate footballer. Does he enough tricks? Probably not but neither did Jordan Lewis.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Been overseas the last three weeks ( hence crazy hours posting) and watched a fair bit of under age footy on the ipad.

I want to put Aaron Cadman out there as a key forward, reminds me a bit of Charlie Curnow. Owns the forward line, real presence about him. Great hands, good lead and has craft. I’m super impressed.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Been overseas the last three weeks ( hence crazy hours posting) and watched a fair bit of under age footy on the ipad.

I want to put Aaron Cadman out there as a key forward, reminds me a bit of Charlie Curnow. Owns the forward line, real presence about him. Great hands, good lead and has craft. I’m super impressed.
Yeah I was watching Cadman yesterday. Ticks some boxes.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I cant get the stream of allies v wa on afl live app - nothing there 15 mins after bounce.

Anyone?

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Yep agree - the top 10 will be solid but outside that its not looking good.

Hence why we might be looking to target Taranto and/or Hopper with our early picks.

Also we've already traded out everything beyond Round 2 which means we likely don't rate the depth either.

If Dusty goes we might prefer future picks I expect.
Strong ot not strong we don't pick up quality kids in the national Draft with gold picks.
We should use every one we have this year to bring in 23-25yrs olds ready to play

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
They bungled the first 15 mins, then saw it.

allies beat wa.

My love for jed hagan only grew, and i really liked marlin corbetts (Suns/allies) 10 mins of influence in the last with scores level and WA pressing.
Yeah the commentary struggled for a fair while too. Yes the Corbett kid looks very good from what I saw.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Riewoldt, Vlastuin, Balta, and Gibcus all say hello.
That's beautiful Jesus's was born when we picked up Cotchin & Martin
Since then Griffens Coleman Jones Ellis Higgins Lennon Collier Dawkins and Nason
Geez Gibcus. That's them picking the powerball. Yippee

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We shouldn't even turn up.
Stay home and trade them away before the draft. Can't *smile* them up if you haven't got them.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Not sure about a weake draft bit to early.The KP players are there which suits us.
It's almost pointless looking at first round picks as almost surely we will.get a gws mid whom at a minimum will eat our first but likly to eat our North pick also.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Vic metro have to leave victoria once in 4 games. Allies played in 3 states. If you apply a small amount of sophistication to your analysis, i think Allies are the best performed side of the carnival to date

Allies =A bunch of kids who have never played together, One training session, long flights every week for most of the team, arrive on 5 differnet flights, 4 games in 4 weeks. Even at home games (gabba, where AFL payed qld govt $50k to use and couldnt even use the centre circle), they get the away rooms, endure 1:3 free counts against vics

Vic Metro = played together for years, multiple training seasions, dont travel and when they do its as a squad, games spread over 8 weeks, get looked after by umps.

vic beat them by 16pts.
Allies beat WA

Astute recruiters will be looking for bargains in the Allies side

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users