2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Went and watched three quarters of Sandringham v Eastern. I'll chuck some notes up but the Lions are getting another one in Levi Ashcroft.

I dunno how good he will end up but he looked every bit a first-rounder . There was a stack of talent on show. High caliber game for early in the year. And these kids just keep getting bigger.

I'm big on first impressions, Harvey Johnston looked every bit a footballer. Just moved in traffic like a jet. Has my attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Went and watched three quarters of Sandringham v Eastern. I'll chuck some notes up but the Lions are getting another one in Levi Ashcroft.

I dunno how good he will end up but he looked every bit a first-rounder . There was a stack of talent on show. High caliber game for early in the year. And these kids just keep getting bigger.
Yeah I saw he had 24 disposals, kicked 2 goals and I just thought man, when we getting a descendant whose an absolute top ten, top 5 talent :confused:

The Kirk boy going to Sydney, they're going to get a beauty too - was the Player of the Round - 22 kicks, 6 handballs, 28 disposals, 7 marks, 7 tackles, 3 rebound 50's, 11 inside 50's, 1 goal - he did it all!!

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Got a source at Hawthorn and some inhouse mail coming through.

They are over the moon with Cam MacKenzie, seeing things in match sim that have them convinced he is an A grader. Seeing Pendlebury type things.

And Josh Weddle is performing in every role they play him in. And is physical, ready to go. They think both are destined to play a lot of football this year.
Weddle they think will be a full time mid. May even start on a wing, his running is that good they have no doubt he can do the required running of a modern day wing.
Been looking at first yearr player numbers. This boy has slipped under the radar a bit.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Josh_Weddle.html

17 touches a week through 11 games. Already had a 28 touch game. The Hawks trading away this years second because they thought they would go on Will Mcabe looks spot on. They get Weddle and Mcabe without burning the extra pick. Smart play. The Hawks nailed this.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Updates on every player drafted, signed in the last AFL off-season

Josh Barnes
HeraldSun
August 8, 2023

Richmond Draftees and Signings

Kaleb Smith - Draft pick: 49
Steely Green - Draft pick: 55
Seth Campbell - Rookie pick: 12
Tylar Young - Rookie pick: 26
Kaelan Bradtke - Summer supplemental signing
Matthew Coulthard - Mid-season draft pick: 4
James Trezise - Mid-season draft pick: 13

----------------------------

Kaleb Smith

Draft pick: 49
Games: yet to debut
Contract status: end of 2024

Smith was put onto Richmond’s inactive list in May and hasn’t played a match in 2023 as he works through a foot stress injury.

Steely Green

Draft pick: 55
Contract status: end of 2024

Green has averaged just 10.3 disposals a game in the VFL and his efficiency numbers are low in his first year with Richmond.

Seth Campbell

Rookie pick: 12
Contract status: end of 2023

An adductor injury kept Campbell out of much of 2023 and he has played just three VFL games this year.

Tylar Young

Rookie pick: 26
Games: 16
Contract status: end of 2025

Richmond has high hopes for the mature defender, who has proven nearly impossible to beat in one-on-one contests so far this year. A brilliant pick up off the rookie list and appear bedded into the Tigers’ defence.

Kaelan Bradtke

Summer supplemental signing

Signed over Quinton Narkle in summer, Bradtke broke his hand in the first half of the season and missed a chunk of time. The athletic forward has kicked a goal in every VFL game he hasn’t been injured, including a haul of five in round 1.

Matthew Coulthard

Mid-season draft pick: 4
Games: 3

The speedy forward made an impact on debut in round 19, helping Richmond claw back for a win over Hawthorn. He looked like he had plenty of talent in that debut and a heap of speed.

James Trezise

Mid-season draft pick: 13

Trezise has stayed in the Richmond VFL side since he was picked up in the mid-season draft and had more than 20 disposals in four games running recently across half-back.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/t...n/news-story/f523b16cd0813507330d9dedb4b9d7ca

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I still can’t understand why we are trying Green as a small forward. Wasnt he a midfielder as a junior?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Anyone know much about this kid Jovan Petric 196cm forward.

Just watched a bit of Petric playing for Willy, didn’t do a whole heap but moved well, looked ok. Might be a later bloomer.