2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
How far are our picks likely to be pushed back by father son / academy types? Any rough guestimate at this early stage?

Itll certainly be one spot Bill.

Will Ashcroft is a certainty to go to Lions FS (if he nominates them which is highly likely) top 5.

I cant think of any FS who will go top 10.
Jasper Fletcher (lions academy/bris FS) gets 3 votes and plaudits everytime he plays, but isnt that good. Rookie at best.

Ditto Cooper Harvey (boomers boy). North will take him nostalogically, but 3rd round imo.

I havnt seen any first rounders in the Academys - someone may emerge for The Allies in the u 18 champs, but at this stage, no. Id imagine Nick Madden (gws academy) could be the first academy selection at this stage - enourmous mobile hardworking ruckman - youlle see him at first ruck for Allies.

So in summary - i expect our first pick will move back one spot

Reactions: 3 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Bit early to be making calls on the 2021 class just yet I’d have thought ! Good, bad or otherwise. :)
I agree way too early to be dismissing player's,maybe in 2-3 years.

Have you had a look at the rebels this year ,l like Cadman he seems like a decent kp,a bit like Jack in that his ground work is very good,and is a strong mark and good kick.
The other one that l have taken notice of is Beau Tedcastle,a small forward,has really good skills ,and pace, he reminds me a bit like stack ,he likes the hard stuff,and doesn't mind planting the opponents head into the ground while tackling :ROFLMAO:.
He is from the Northern Territory ,he is on a scholarship at St Pats ,and has done well in senior footy in the NT.

The depth this year looks really good,,l think the champs will sort it all out.

Reactions: 1 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Itll certainly be one spot Bill.

Will Ashcroft is a certainty to go to Lions FS (if he nominates them which is highly likely) top 5.

I cant think of any FS who will go top 10.
Jasper Fletcher (lions academy/bris FS) gets 3 votes and plaudits everytime he plays, but isnt that good. Rookie at best.

Ditto Cooper Harvey (boomers boy). North will take him nostalogically, but 3rd round imo.

I havnt seen any first rounders in the Academys - someone may emerge for The Allies in the u 18 champs, but at this stage, no. Id imagine Nick Madden (gws academy) could be the first academy selection at this stage - enourmous mobile hardworking ruckman - youlle see him at first ruck for Allies.

So in summary - i expect our first pick will move back one spot
I think Noah Bradshaw from murray is another F/S for the lions ,not a kp like his father,but is a lovely kick.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I agree way too early to be dismissing player's,maybe in 2-3 years.

Have you had a look at the rebels this year ,l like Cadman he seems like a decent kp,a bit like Jack in that his ground work is very good,and is a strong mark and good kick.
The other one that l have taken notice of is Beau Tedcastle,a small forward,has really good skills ,and pace, he reminds me a bit like stack ,he likes the hard stuff,and doesn't mind planting the opponents head into the ground while tackling :ROFLMAO:.
He is from the Northern Territory ,he is on a scholarship at St Pats ,and has done well in senior footy in the NT.

The depth this year looks really good,,l think the champs will sort it all out.
I havent had a chance to work through too many games just yet.

I think SA will have one or two KPF’s that’ll come under serious consideration.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I havent had a chance to work through too many games just yet.

I think SA will have one or two KPF’s that’ll come under serious consideration.
I like Northam from the Falcons a lot,they have him playing ruck pinch hitting forward ,but at 195cm he will be a kp at AFL level,he has a really good leap and strong mark ,l can't wait for the champs ,were he will get played mainly as a forward .

Just from what l have seen so far,,we should be able to get a decent kp,and midfielder with our ealier picks,and thats without seeing SA and the WA player's.
Cowan from Tassie looks good too,and a player l mentioned last year Will Splann is coming along well up forward,although l still think he could make a good full back.

Reactions: 5 users

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Hearing ( rumor ) that Essendon are interested in taking Mykelti Lefau in the mid-year draft. Would he be good for us? Do we have a pick in the mid-season draft?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hearing ( rumor ) that Essendon are interested in taking Mykelti Lefau in the mid-year draft. Would he be good for us? Do we have a pick in the mid-season draft?
Essendon VFL players must be wrapped Essendon keep picking up Richmond VFL players (if true)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I like Northam from the Falcons a lot,they have him playing ruck pinch hitting forward ,but at 195cm he will be a kp at AFL level,he has a really good leap and strong mark ,l can't wait for the champs ,were he will get played mainly as a forward .

Just from what l have seen so far,,we should be able to get a decent kp,and midfielder with our ealier picks,and thats without seeing SA and the WA player's.
Cowan from Tassie looks good too,and a player l mentioned last year Will Splann is coming along well up forward,although l still think he could make a good full back.
Not so keen on Splann.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Do they have a pick ,looking at the AFL website they aren't mentioned.,,l would like the Tiges to take him,maybe as a late pick or rookie.
Not so keen on Splann.
Why..please explain :LOL:

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Do they have a pick ,looking at the AFL website they aren't mentioned.,,l would like the Tiges to take him,maybe as a late pick or rookie.

Why..please explain :LOL:
Watched a bunch of Devils games last year and also games that he played for North Hobart - which is a really poor standard league now.

Slow, not a great thinker. If he was any good he’d have been taken last year in a shallow draft for KP’s. Pass.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Watched a bunch of Devils games last year and also games that he played for North Hobart - which is a really poor standard league now.

Slow, not a great thinker. If he was any good he’d have been taken last year in a shallow draft for KP’s. Pass.
He's still 18,doesn't turn 19 till october .
One thing l disagree with you about is he is a smart player,lacks quick acceleration ,his work rate needs to improve ,but at 195cm he does take a strong mark ,decent kick.
I rate him a late pick /rookie,still think he could be alright as a backman.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He's still 18,doesn't turn 19 till october .
One thing l disagree with you about is he is a smart player,lacks quick acceleration ,his work rate needs to improve ,but at 195cm he does take a strong mark ,decent kick.
I rate him a late pick /rookie,still think he could be alright as a backman.
Don’t care. He was there last year and overlooked. Too slow and unathletic. Pass.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Don’t care. He was there last year and overlooked. Too slow and unathletic. Pass.
A lot of player's where overlooked last year ,clubs seemed to be cautious 3rd round on wards .
Maybe have a look at the devils this year ,they are under a much better program .

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
3 Matches tomorrow at the QE oval Bendigo,starts at 9.45,,a few player's missing for some sides because of school football.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Good to see another of my smokies going well today in his debut game for GWS: Cooper Hamilton from Bendigo.

Not really sure why he wasn’t getting much love from anyone. Not quick but a supreme tank - goes all day. Neat user. Finds the football.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Probably one for the 2023 Draft Thread but Nate Caddy kicked 3.4 and got in the best players playing for Bundoora firsts in the Northern League on Saturday. He is 16 and Josh Caddy's nephew. Need an Uncle-Nephew rule. Normally playing for Northern Knights but they have a few weeks off.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone know much about Oliver Hollands? Probably will be in our range at the draft. Thoughts on him?