2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
And for what’s it worth, I went to Dandenong v Eastern yesterday for a look. And it was great to be back watching the future stars but I can’t find a player listing or game summary anywhere. There’s no up to date squads with player names and heights, if someone can find one please point it out.

Dandy played a wonderful brand of quick hands and fast ball movement. Ive got some notes on players but only by number, will try to find names before posting. They had some really strong on ballers that caught me eye.

The one player I did already know was Nick Watson whose is not draft eligible till next year. He’d already be a top 5 pick this year if eligible. He’s 168cm pocket rocket. Charlie Cameron type. Eastern played him for the majority of the time out of the square like an old school full forward and cleared the 50 for him. Electric pace and knows exactly where to lead. He would’ve had 7-8 shots at goal. Maybe kicked 4-5. Agility is incredible. So much fun. I’ve seen what Rachelle has already done this year so these types can come in and have an impact.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
And for what’s it worth, I went to Dandenong v Eastern yesterday for a look. And it was great to be back watching the future stars but I can’t find a player listing or game summary anywhere. There’s no up to date squads with player names and heights, if someone can find one please point it out.

Dandy played a wonderful brand of quick hands and fast ball movement. Ive got some notes on players but only by number, will try to find names before posting. They had some really strong on ballers that caught me eye.

The one player I did already know was Nick Watson whose is not draft eligible till next year. He’d already be a top 5 pick this year if eligible. He’s 168cm pocket rocket. Charlie Cameron type. Eastern played him for the majority of the time out of the square like an old school full forward and cleared the 50 for him. Electric pace and knows exactly where to lead. He would’ve had 7-8 shots at goal. Maybe kicked 4-5. Agility is incredible. So much fun. I’ve seen what Rachelle has already done this year so these types can come in and have an impact.
I can get you some info on Eastern Ranges.
My son has played with a few of those boys.

I have seen Nick Watson play live a few times. Will get drafted. His kicking is elite. Back in Under 14’s he was kicking 50 with ease. And you couldn’t tell if he was a left or right footer.

Reactions: 3 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What's this year's crop looking like? If it's any good we should seriously consider tanking for better draft picks.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Brilliant. I’ll add detail tomorrow but Mitch Szybkowski is on the watch list. Super impressive midfielder, clean, good in traffic, leader, gives orders, runs both ways. Good size. Quick with ball, strong DIMBHY. Might be one-paced but screams inside mid.

Jai Culley- Big raw onballer beast. 191 cm. Could be huge after a couple of seasons in the gym. Dreadlocks. Looks like he is making it up at as he goes and not entirely sure what he is going to do next but he works hard. And then the next minute does something super classy. Gets to a lot of contests. Was smart with the ball. Quick hands. Good in tight. Pace? Not sure.

Finn Jakstas - Didn't do a lot but boy he looked classy. Just had time and was super clean. Was on a wing, half back and half forward. If he can get more involved he can be a real player.

Finn Emile-Brennan- classic classy half back. Showed a great ability to glide through traffic and just step his way out. Great kick and looks for and can make the dangerous option back into the corridor. Linked to Melbourne NGA.

Samuel Latreille - Slight. Could ride race 5 at Flemington. But nipped in and out, got to dangerous spots. Chased everything. Crumbed a few clean, got hit up balls leading at the man. Watch list for nippy small forward.

Besides Watson, no Eastern boys caught my eye. Going to get to a couple of games a month. It's a great day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Watched NAB Falcons V Suns today.

I always keep my own stats on a few players of interest,

And i can attest,

1. That the stats sheet on the NAB league App,

Are unadulterated random horseshit with consistent, gaping >50% errors

2. That geelongs umpire love is city wide.

Falcons gifted 4 goals from howlers and won by a point after the draw shown by scoreboard was corrected 3 mins after final siren.

dont beleive any NAB stats hype: watch games

Last edited:

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Watched NAB Falcons V Suns today.

I always keep my own stats on a few players of interest,

And i can attest,

1. That the stats sheet on the NAB league App,

Are unadulterated random horseshit with consistent, gaping >50% errors

2. That geelongs umpire love is city wide.

Falcons gifted 4 goals from howlers and won by a point after the draw shown by scoreboard was corrected 3 mins after final siren.

dont beleive any NAB stats hype: watch games

Yeah, I'll go by who catches my eye and has moments. If I don't notice you live, stats aren't going to change my mind greatly.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Nick watson eastern ranges kicked nearly half his sides score last weekend.

Two 2023 draft hot property in the ranges v suns this weekend at princess park.

Watson (small forward steven milne genius) up one end, jed walters (powerful, quick KPF) up the other.

If hes any good, suns will take walters, but watson could be realistic for us. Hes a freak of football nature.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Oh and keep an eye out for Nate Caddy for the Northern Knights, will be in next years draft. Nephew of Josh.

Super athletic 192cm and growing mid forward. Pace for his size is unreal. Unicorn potential.

Reactions: 1 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
A couple of nice KP Forwards who are worth watching ,Oscar Northam from the Falcons 195cm really strong in the air and good kick.
Aaron Cadman from the Rebels he grew a couple of centimetres over the summer 194 cm ,has a bit of Jack about him ,reads the play and flight really well,strong mark,and good kick.

Brayden George from Murray is a dynamic type ,he's 185cm top age forward ,but looks really good from the footage l seen.
Quite a few top age player's this year,and some look really good ,maybe covid restrictions had a effect on some player's fitness and development ,but l think a few top age will go earlier than usual this year.

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A couple of nice KP Forwards who are worth watching ,Oscar Northam from the Falcons 195cm really strong in the air and good kick.
Aaron Cadman from the Rebels he grew a couple of centimetres over the summer 194 cm ,has a bit of Jack about him ,reads the play and flight really well,strong mark,and good kick.

Brayden George from Murray is a dynamic type ,he's 185cm top age forward ,but looks really good from the footage l seen.
Quite a few top age player's this year,and some look really good ,maybe covid restrictions had a effect on some player's fitness and development ,but l think a few top age will go earlier than usual this year.

suns academy playing 8 over-agers (born 03).

I thought NAB league had a 4 over limit?

north academy concession?

why not just call it u19's like the old days?