2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
“The jury is not out on explosive Oakleigh Chargers midfielder Elijah Tsatas, who has continued a dazzling start to the NAB League season which has put him in the frame to be a top-five draft pick at the end of the year.
Tsatas, who aims to follow in the footsteps of his older brother Chris and study law at Deakin University, is giving recruiters increasing evidence of his abilities with bumper games over the past two weeks.

After logging 36 disposals and nine clearances against Northern Knights in Round 2 of the NAB League, Tsatas recorded a massive 42 disposals, 12 marks, 11 inside-50s, six clearances and 12 score involvements against Eastern Ranges last Saturday.

The weekend’s numbers saw Tsatas record a game-high 166 KFC SuperCoach ranking points, with his average ranking points across the first three rounds now sitting at 141 points.

Originally from Surrey Park Junior Football Club, Tsatas comes from an athletics background and has competed at national level in the 400m and 100m hurdles in the past.

Oakleigh Chargers midfielder Elijah Tsatas had a huge game in Round 3. Picture: Getty Images

Oakleigh Chargers midfielder Elijah Tsatas had a huge game in Round 3. Picture: Getty Images
He is a Richmond supporter but looks up to Greater Western Sydney midfielder Josh Kelly.

“He’s obviously a jet player on the outside using his foot skills as well so that’s my sort of role,” Tsatas told News Corp recently.

“I’m usually an outside midfielder, whether that be wing or outside in the midfield a little bit too. I like to use my speed and my kicking ability to break the game open and I think my decision making’s also a strength.”

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Fair mix, athletics, ball winner but wants to be a lawyer. There’s your red flag.

Definitely on our radar. It’s the type for us but could be top 5.

• Haha

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Fair mix, athletics, ball winner but wants to be a lawyer. There’s your red flag.

Why a red flag. Isn't Gale a legal man?

In any case the kid is a Richmond supporter so we should court him or at least give him a trial

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Why a red flag. Isn't Gale a legal man?

In any case the kid is a Richmond supporter so we should court him or at least give him a trial
Scoop sure did his best to prosecute him, but I’m willing to put together a case for his defence.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014

If i was the club,I'd get him too look up a the laws regarding restraint of trade.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
“The jury is not out on explosive Oakleigh Chargers midfielder Elijah Tsatas, who has continued a dazzling start to the NAB League season which has put him in the frame to be a top-five draft pick at the end of the year.
Tsatas, who aims to follow in the footsteps of his older brother Chris and study law at Deakin University, is giving recruiters increasing evidence of his abilities with bumper games over the past two weeks.

After logging 36 disposals and nine clearances against Northern Knights in Round 2 of the NAB League, Tsatas recorded a massive 42 disposals, 12 marks, 11 inside-50s, six clearances and 12 score involvements against Eastern Ranges last Saturday.

The weekend’s numbers saw Tsatas record a game-high 166 KFC SuperCoach ranking points, with his average ranking points across the first three rounds now sitting at 141 points.

Originally from Surrey Park Junior Football Club, Tsatas comes from an athletics background and has competed at national level in the 400m and 100m hurdles in the past.

He is a Richmond supporter but looks up to Greater Western Sydney midfielder Josh Kelly.

“He’s obviously a jet player on the outside using his foot skills as well so that’s my sort of role,” Tsatas told News Corp recently.

“I’m usually an outside midfielder, whether that be wing or outside in the midfield a little bit too. I like to use my speed and my kicking ability to break the game open and I think my decision making’s also a strength.”
I watched the Knights-Chargers game and he looked very outside but all NAB League games seem to show players as outside. There are not many packs forming for "bulls" to show their ball winning traits.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I watched the Knights-Chargers game and he looked very outside but all NAB League games seem to show players as outside. There are not many packs forming for "bulls" to show their ball winning traits.

NAB games are an assembly of 40 or so kids trying not to get injured, kick a goal, and get drafted

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
can someone with a HeraldSun subscription :)vomit)

please tell me who the

'5 future stars' in the Gold Coast NAB league side, in the live stream link for todays

GC V western jets stream?

jeez they talk some complete *smile* - theres 2-3 players with AFL attributes in that side absolute max, if absolutely everything goes right for them.

but im curious anyways.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Pencil GC needing to cough up a top 10 pick for Jed Walters in 2023 draft.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
can someone with a HeraldSun subscription :)vomit)

please tell me who the

'5 future stars' in the Gold Coast NAB league side, in the live stream link for todays

GC V western jets stream?

jeez they talk some complete *smile* - theres 2-3 players with AFL attributes in that side absolute max, if absolutely everything goes right for them.

but im curious anyways.
Think this is it.

Western Jets fell just short of what would have been an impressive road victory as Gold Coast Suns prevailed in a tight NAB League clash. RELIVE the action from our LIVE STREAM.

Dan Batten
Follow

@danbatten_

3 min read
April 24, 2022 - 5:54PM
News Corp Sports Live Streams

0 comments

02:18:06
Replay: NAB League Boys - Gold Coast Suns v Western Jets

Watch the replay of the NAB League Boys - Gold Coast Suns v Western Jets.

The Gold Coast Suns have claimed their first NAB League win of the season, coming from
behind to defeat the Western Jets by eight points on their home turf.
Key forward Will Bella kicked the sealer late for the Suns as they battled back in the final term. AFL Academy member Jed Walter caught the eye, continuing to press his claims as one of the top prospects next year’s draft.
Lively small Cody Harrington was also among the best for the Suns, booting several
classy goals in the win.
Jets co-captain Massimo D’Ambrassio impressed again with his precise kicking and intercept work off halfback, while promising 196cm forward Jovan Petric backed up his four-goal performance last week with another exciting display.
MATCH PREVIEW
- Brayden May

Western Jets co-captain Massimo D’Ambrossio has rocketed into AFL draft calculations after an electric start to the season.
A product of the Point Cook Football Club in the Western Region league, the 18-year-old has averaged 27 disposals across the opening three rounds of the NAB League Boys season.
He will be hoping to continue that form when his side takes on the Gold Coast Suns Academy South Pine Sports Complex in Queensland on Sunday afternoon.
D’Ambrossio’s best performance of the season came at the weekend as he recorded 31 disposals, six rebound 50s and five tackles in his side’s win over the Calder Cannons.
Jets coach Robbie Chancellor said he believes his co-captain has the ability to play at a “higher level”.
“Mass has been terrific down back to start the season and we’re really happy with his form,” he said.
“He’s given us great drive out of defence and provided fantastic voice behind the footy which is why he was named one of our two captains.
“I believe he has the attributes to play at a higher level and has already made his VFL debut with Richmond this year.”
Jack Bonnett of the Western Jets. Photo: AFL Photos/Getty Images.

Jack Bonnett of the Western Jets. Photo: AFL Photos/Getty Images.
Also among the players to watch for the Jets will be forward Jovan Petric who finished with four goals from 10 disposals in his side’s win last week.
“He was our deepest forward and to have seven scoring shots in a game is a massive effort,” Chancellor said.
“Jovan has shown some really good form in the last couple of games, kicking a goal in the opening two rounds, but I thought he took it to another level on Saturday.
Jaelen Pavlidis is averaging 20 disposals. Photo: AFL Photos/Getty Images.

Jaelen Pavlidis is averaging 20 disposals. Photo: AFL Photos/Getty Images.
Jaelen Pavlidis will also a player to keep an eye on having averaged 20 disposals across the first three games of the season.
Chancellor said he was expecting a “good challenge” as his team prepares to head north.
“They’ve shown they’re a very good side in the first few games,” he said.
“The boys are looking forward to getting away for the day as a group.”
Jed Walter is one to watch for the Gold Coast Suns Academy. Photo: Peter Wallis.

Jed Walter is one to watch for the Gold Coast Suns Academy. Photo: Peter Wallis.
The Suns aren’t without their own talented players headlined by AFL Academy member Jed Walter.
Coach Jarrod Cotton described him as a “powerful player” who possesses “explosive speed.”
Walter along with the likes of big men Will Bella and Ethan Read will play a key role in their side’s fortunes.
Read is a 16-year-old ruckman who is an “extra midfielder” when the ball hits the deck.
Meanwhile, Bella is a key forward who has the potential to tear the game apart.
According to Cotton, limiting the Jets’ ball movement will be key to coming away with the four points on Sunday.
“We have to make sure we are switched on, we can’t let them handball receive and play fast,” he said.
“We have to try and slow them down as much as we can.”

WATCH THE NAB LEAGUE WITH NEWS CORP​

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Muchas gracias @DuD_Delist

Watched this game

Article 100% right on Jed Walters. Hes top 10 material. Huge, 2.8 20m, good mitts, kicks straight. Kind of a super quick tom lynch. Clunked a mark on 3/4 siren, goes back and splits the middle from 50 to put his side up. suns pay whatever it takes IMO. Cant describe his pace for a huge. Richo the closest i can recall.

Tigers VFL massimo dambrossia being hyped. His numbers good, i didnt notice him whatsoever.

Last edited:

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Hobbs looks average at best. Dodged a bullet there.

A concern that we tried so hard to get him though

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Current picks inside 30., 7, 19, 25.

@Scoop Interested in your thoughts on trading the North pick for Tanner Bruhn? Reckon he looks great when going through the midfield but gets very few chances at the Giants. Would think a rotation of Bruhn, Stack and Bolton between mid and forward could be really damaging for us.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
How far are our picks likely to be pushed back by father son / academy types? Any rough guestimate at this early stage?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
We were keen on Kai Lohmann and he looks like the 2nd coming of Toby Greene. Spewing we missed him because you can already tell he is going to be very good.