2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Jhye Clark is looking like a real good player to me. Won't be surprised if 4 years after the Draft he's a better AFL player than Ashcroft.

Wardlaw is exactly what we need albeit out of range. But there's still some interesting mids in play at our possible selection order e.g. Hollands, Hewett, Phillipou, Szyb and Ginbey. Hotton as well if he was 4cm taller.

Hewett is unders on Twomey's rankings however. I pointed him out last year as someone to watch and he has a bit of a nasty/ill disciplined side to him. He was lucky not to get suspended a couple of times last year for Swans. I quite like that in a player, but word is that he's become a bit "difficult" at times this year. Bit of attitude apparently. Couple of times for WA he looked a tad slow too, I thought.

Cadman at this stage > than Jefferson although Jefferson probably has more development left in him.

I like Noah Long as a later pick, especially if Judson is going to grow into a Lambert type role. MJ still has a ways to go and a decent, smart, skillful small forward later in the Draft wouldn't go astray.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Jhye Clark is looking like a real good player to me. Won't be surprised if 4 years after the Draft he's a better AFL player than Ashcroft.

Wardlaw is exactly what we need albeit out of range. But there's still some interesting mids in play at our possible selection order e.g. Hollands, Hewett, Phillipou, Szyb and Ginbey. Hotton as well if he was 4cm taller.

Hewett is unders on Twomey's rankings however. I pointed him out last year as someone to watch and he has a bit of a nasty/ill disciplined side to him. He was lucky not to get suspended a couple of times last year for Swans. I quite like that in a player, but word is that he's become a bit "difficult" at times this year. Bit of attitude apparently. Couple of times for WA he looked a tad slow too, I thought.

Cadman at this stage > than Jefferson although Jefferson probably has more development left in him.

I like Noah Long as a later pick, especially if Judson is going to grow into a Lambert type role. MJ still has a ways to go and a decent, smart, skillful small forward later in the Draft wouldn't go astray.

I was reading on some website an article that suggested that due to the amount of midfielders at the top of the order that if North get a 1st round PP (and get Pick 2) that they should trade that for a couple of later picks as their midfield already has plenty of star power.

If that were the case and lets say we end up with Pick 10, would you trade that (along with our 2023 1st) for Pick 2 and get Wardlaw or Clark with that pick? Potentially we get something back in that trade (maybe a future 3rd or something?

Get the top end talent in through the draft without finishing that low on the ladder

Reactions: 2 users

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
I do like a smokey and Angus Anderson is imho one worth a careful look at. Played on ball for the Allies in all games and rarely went off the ground (good tank). Has a point of difference in that he is a defensive inside mid as well as accumulator. Solid with good hands and footy nouse (Elliot/Crouch/Green). If I had the stats they would confirm(?) that the more favoured mids had their lesser games against the Allies 'Angry' He is an overager but why no love from the keyboard recruiters?

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Jhye Clark reminds me so much of Luke Power its not funny.

Reckon he is bound for Essendon.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Anyone see how jed hagan went on wafl debut for east freo (broke into a good side?)

He has richmond written all over him

Surfer. Geelong will be able to burn his house down

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Anyone see how jed hagan went on wafl debut for east freo (broke into a good side?)

He has richmond written all over him

Surfer. Geelong will be able to burn his house down
He killed it easy, 20 disposals, 2 goals and 5 tackles.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Jai Serong debuting for Hawthorn today. They are quietly building a good side again.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
And clearly into Caleb as well.
Keep an eye on Jai Serong. He was another of my smokies that wasnt getting much attention before the draft. He’s gonna take a bit longer to come on than his brother, but pretty confident he’s gonna be half reasonable.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
going out on a limb there!
Decent/Half reasonable. Meh. Should get 70 plus games which puts you into about the 30-40 percent range of all draft picks which is a good outcome for a pick 53. At that selection you’re looking at less than 50 games on average.

I could say he’ll be an outright superstar Ie 5-6 percent but he won’t be, sorry.

Last edited:

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Decent/Half reasonable. Meh. Should get 70 plus games which puts you into about the 30-40 percent range of all draft picks which is a good outcome for a pick 53. At that selection you’re looking at less than 50 games on average.

I could say he’ll be an outright superstar Ie 5-6 percent but he won’t be, sorry.
I get it. Drafting is a numbers game. Half reasonable is good, one down from good ordinary, I'm gunna steal it.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Benchmark for pick 53 should be 2 x premiership player Jack Graham. Will play his 100th game in this year's finals

Feb 25, 2007

NAB AFL Draft Combine list announced​

The NAB AFL Draft Combine will showcase many of the most talented boys in the country

BROUGHT TO YOU BY NAB​

1 hr ago
jYjbfdiU.jpg

Victoria Metro's Harry Sheezel and Alwyn Davey and Victoria Country's Jhye Clark and Oliver Hollands will feature in the 2022 NAB AFL National Championships U18

Boys title decider at Marvel Stadium on Thursday September 22. Photo: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos

THE AFL has today released the names of 67 players invited to the 2022 NAB AFL Draft Combine.
The NAB AFL Draft Combine will showcase many of the most talented boys in the country and be held in Melbourne from Friday October 7 to Sunday October 9.

It will be the first time a national Combine has been staged for boys or girls since 2019.

Club interviews and medical screenings will be conducted at Marvel Stadium across the first two days of the Combine, with physical testing to be held at Melbourne Park on October 9.

Among the tests that will be conducted are the vertical jump, running vertical jump, 20m sprint, agility test and 2km time trial.
All states and territories will be represented at the 2022 NAB AFL Draft Combine, with the invite list featuring a spread of talent from across Australia.
DRAFT HUB Click here for the latest draft news

Nineteen players from Victoria Country are among the nominees, followed by Victoria Metro (14), South Australia (13) and Western Australia (12). The list also includes nine representatives from the Allies, comprising Tasmania, Queensland, NSW/ACT and Northern Territory.

h7sCjyPy.jpg

Elijah Hewett in action during the 2022 NAB AFL National Championships U18 Boys match between Vic Metro and Western Australia at Ikon Park on July 2, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos

All AFL clubs submitted a list of their preferred players to attend the 2022 NAB AFL Draft Combine. All players invited to attend the national Combine received nominations from at least three AFL clubs.

AFL Talent Ambassador Kevin Sheehan said the 2022 NAB AFL Draft Combine provided a great opportunity for players to showcase their physical ability ahead of this year’s NAB AFL Draft.

"The Draft Combine sees the best players from across Australia come together to showcase their abilities in front of AFL clubs," Sheehan said.
"The players invited to the 2022 NAB AFL Draft Combine are considered by AFL clubs to be the leading prospects for the 2022 NAB AFL Draft.

"We are very excited about the high level of talent within this group of future stars of the AFL and it is extremely pleasing to have all states and territories represented as we return to a national Combine for the first time in three years."

2022 NAB AFL DRAFT COMBINE INVITE LIST​

Vic Country
Jaxon Binns (Dandenong Stingrays)
Hugh Bond (GWV Rebels)
Coby Burgiel (Gippsland Power)
Aaron Cadman (GWV Rebels)
Jhye Clark (Geelong Falcons)
Brayden George (Murray Bushrangers)
Oliver Hollands (Murray Bushrangers)
Bailey Humphrey (Gippsland Power)
Henry Hustwaite (Dandenong Stingrays)
Max Knobel (Gippsland Power)
Jacob Konstanty (Gippsland Power)
Noah Long (Bendigo Pioneers)
Toby McMullin (Sandringham Dragons)
Caleb Mitchell (Murray Bushrangers)
Olivier Northam (Geelong Falcons)
Jack O'Sullivan (Oakleigh Chargers)
Mitch Szybkowski (Dandenong Stingrays)
Cooper Vickery (Gippsland Power)
James Van Es (GWV Rebels)

Vic Metro
Will Ashcroft (Sandringham Dragons)
Charlie Clarke (Sandringham Dragons)
Alwyn Davey (Oakleigh Chargers)
Blake Drury (Oakleigh Chargers)
Max Gruzewski (Oakleigh Chargers)
Lewis Hayes (Eastern Ranges)
Olli Hotton (Sandringham Dragons)
Matthew Jefferson (Oakleigh Chargers)
Cameron Mackenzie (Sandringham Dragons)
Harry Sheezel (Sandringham Dragons)
Luke Teal (Oakleigh Chargers)
Elijah Tsatas (Oakleigh Chargers)
George Wardlaw (Oakleigh Chargers)
Josh Weddle (Oakleigh Chargers)

South Australia
Harry Barnett (West Adelaide)
Adam D'Aloia (Woodville-West Torrens)
Will Dowling (North Adelaide)
Phoenix Foster (Norwood)
Isaac Keeler (North Adelaide)
Harry Lemmey (West Adelaide)
Jaiden Magor (South Adelaide)
Max Michalanney (Norwood)
Mattaes Phillipou (Woodville-West Torrens)
Jakob Ryan (Glenelg)
Nick Sadler (Sturt)
Tom Scully (West Adelaide)
Will Verrall (South Adelaide)

Western Australia
Jed Adams (Peel Thunder)
Edward Allan (Claremont)
Jedd Busslinger (East Perth)
Harry Cole (Claremont)
Hugh Davies (Claremont)
Tyrell Dewar (Subiaco)
Sam Gilbey (Claremont)