2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
And one other thing, Henry Hustwaite reminds me so much of David Mundy.

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I have at least 6 ahead of him. Maybe 8.

Cam Mackenzie is the one I'm not really sure of. Can someone point me to a game he looks a million dollars in? I haven't seen it. Better judges than me have him in the top 5.
I was watching him today, going, "meh?" Projects as a B-grader.

And one over thing, Henry Hustwaite reminds me so much of David Mundy.
Good shout. I like him. Athleticism?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I was watching him today, going, "meh?" Projects as a B-grader.

Good shout. I like him. Athleticism?
Yeah not great on that front. Still, if you can create time for yourself, the lack of athleticism gets mitigated. Not completely sold on the Husters.

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
If we don't take a forward this year that would have seemed the logical choice, but you could also say that taking Johnson would entail one less established mid - both options viable in the greater scheme of things. A flanker? Not so much, that to me will always be a bewildering pick.
Jack on 360 last week (when talking about playing on) said he's not guaranteed games next yr & that we are looking to draft a key fwd. It's just a matter of what pick(s) we have available as to who that could be. The former could indicate we'll be looking to get games into Bauer/Ryan which we need to do or even the kid we draft if he's ready.

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Fully agree,the Sydney academy is bulllsshit,they try out 1000s of kids from young teens, then whittle it away until quality academy kids at 16-18 come through,and even worse is that if a academy prospect like both mills heeney get called out at any pick even pick 1,Sydney get a 20% discount at whatever pick is called.
If Sydney win flag ,they have pick 18,but Sydney academy prospect is called at pick 6 by St Kilda,Sydney matches and pays roughly pick 10 in points,it's absolutely a rort by biast afl
Yet Norf with pick 1 can't go the 'ol 2 for 1 & grab an NGA player at pick 7 as they can't match till the 3rd round....

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Might well be *smile* from where we are looking, but there's got to be some way that the AFL can keep building the game in NSW and QLD. Keeping at least one side finals competitive every year in these states is crucial to developing a truly national comp over time.
AFL will never get to NRL levels in these states but there needs to be a genuine pathway n comp developed in these two states.
That's all well & good but what is the point now in having the NGA's when Clubs have to invest in them but any top talent goes elsewhere anyway. All because Swans head office complain when a Vic side gets a top talent kid when they have been doing the same in exactly the same way for the best part of a decade now....

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I have at least 6 ahead of him. Maybe 8.

Cam Mackenzie is the one I'm not really sure of. Can someone point me to a game he looks a million dollars in? I haven't seen it. Better judges than me have him in the top 5.
I'm a fan, he's super efficient by foot & one of the better disposers of the ball. Great height for a mid, great numbers without being an outright superstar (who milks free kicks).

State form excellent -

26.3 disposals, 4.7 inside 50s, 3.7 marks, 4 clearances, 0.3 goals, 2.3 tackles (three games)

Trial game (early June)

32 disposals, eight clearances, 1 goal

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Not completely sold on the Husters.
Me too. I think he's emblematic of this draft beyond the small group of bankers. There are a lot of overhyped and underhyped players. Could go either way, capable without setting the world on fire. Will get drafted, unlike his brother, but First, and possibly even second, round calls are overhype IMO.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I liked the look of Sheezel yesterday, I nice mover, kicked a couple of goals, could've easily been 4.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
I'm a fan, he's super efficient by foot & one of the better disposers of the ball. Great height for a mid, great numbers without being an outright superstar (who milks free kicks).

State form excellent -

26.3 disposals, 4.7 inside 50s, 3.7 marks, 4 clearances, 0.3 goals, 2.3 tackles (three games)

Trial game (early June)

32 disposals, eight clearances, 1 goal
Hey Bullus where do you get your stats from??

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I liked the look of Sheezel yesterday, I nice mover, kicked a couple of goals, could've easily been 4.
He is classy. Had a bit of a moment (in the last qtr I think) where he didn't committ to a marking contest. Looked a very soft effort but can see why he's so highly rated.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
One who firmed for me was Jacob Konstanty. Had a great game apart from a couple of blues in the last: the first when he took the advantage when Cadman would have had a set shot and kicked a banana off one step when he could have straightened and run into an open goal. The second was a few minutes later when Reid almost took a hanger, Konstanty was front and square but couldn't quite pick up the ball when if he did he would have streamed into an open goal. Pretty bad blues but fixable, really liked the rest of his game and apart from those two moments his ball-handling, decision-making and use were excellent.

Reactions: 2 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Hey Bullus where do you get your stats from??
A combination of sources, I'm collating my own lists, some from beyond the paywall, some from Rookie Me Central, some from the AFL website. If you have a player in mind I will dig up what I have.

Reactions: 2 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
If we grab Bowes & pick 7, we can bundle that up with 12 & potentially take Cadman. That would be my focus, definitely worth it & would present the club with that elusive key forward. Could still grab Hopper with 19 & Soldo, could still grab Taranto with next year's first. Bumper crop & throw in Knobel & Lemmey with picks in the 30-60 range & the list is starting to look balanced & imposing.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
If we grab Bowes & pick 7, we can bundle that up with 12 & potentially take Cadman. That would be my focus, definitely worth it & would present the club with that elusive key forward. Could still grab Hopper with 19 & Soldo, could still grab Taranto with next year's first. Bumper crop & throw in Knobel & Lemmey with picks in the 30-60 range & the list is starting to look balanced & imposing.
Wow, that would be a dream outcome and would love that to happen, unfortunately the likelihood is probably less than 1%

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think you're dreaming, bully.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010

That is doable , but is Bowes a decent player and the money his on we cannot afford the gws boys and him.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
That is doable , but is Bowes a decent player and the money his on we cannot afford the gws boys and him.
Bowes is B grade but best 22, I would offer him 3-4 years to spread the pain a bit, or one could just take the existing deal & backload the others. Operation Cadman is goal, over & above Taranto & Hopper, bookends first!