2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Bowes is B grade but best 22, I would offer him 3-4 years to spread the pain a bit, or one could just take the existing deal & backload the others. Operation Cadman is goal, over & above Taranto & Hopper, bookends first!
Cadman could easily go top three, pick 7 certainly won’t guarantee him.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
No way I move pick 2 or 3 for that.
You may not but West Coast might, they are very keen on Busslinger & Hewett, North may want to dilute also (a year too late but it's been mentioned). In the event we can't creep up then grab Jefferson & Keeler, pretty sound contingency plan.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
I wouldn't.
Well to be fair Spook, you slated Brodie last year & he's turned out to be a gem. Not saying Bowes is a champion but he's a kick first midfielder, or at least he was as a junior, a little one paced but not terrible.

Tortured Tiger

Jan 24, 2005
Pick 12 & 7 will get it done provided West Coast or North play ball (which I think is a possibility)
You also need GWS to play ball, if you were them, wouldn’t you want at least one of those picks in the Taranto/ Hopper trade, I know I would.

Reactions: 1 user

Tortured Tiger

Jan 24, 2005
Watching the championship final yesterday I was focusing more on key position players we could get with picks 30 plus which is more likely to be the scenario we are left with. I would be happy to get someone like Van Es and let Gibcus learn off Lynch and Riewoldt.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Well to be fair Spook, you slated Brodie last year & he's turned out to be a gem. Not saying Bowes is a champion but he's a kick first midfielder, or at least he was as a junior, a little one paced but not terrible.
Bowes played some ok footy as a small defender. I don't make making the Bowes deal, I just don't think 7 & 12 get you Cadman. He's the only one I'd trade up for. But if you could have 7,12 &19 and keep one of them and get Hopper and Tarranto it would be a huge off season.

Now that I think of it, we wouldn't have the cap space for Bowes unless we moved a significant player out so it's a bit of a pipe dream.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Brodie has turned out to be an ok player who failed in finals and whose opponents run off him at will.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Jack Bowes is not best 22. Not for Suns, hence the year in the VFL and offering pick 7 to take him, and definitely not for us. He is good at VFL, seen him live in 5 games, but not wow good, not as good as Sexton, McPherson, Flanders, Fiorini, Moyle, J. Corbett, Sharp, Owea and Burgess. He's good at VFL like Jake Aarts is for us, but doesn't go as hard.

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Bowes is just the pickles in a hamburger, the question is do we have enough spare money to buy the burger (pick7). How much money do you pay for a Busslinger, Phillipou, or Jefferson?
p.s. I liked Murdoch any comments on him

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
A combination of sources, I'm collating my own lists, some from beyond the paywall, some from Rookie Me Central, some from the AFL website. If you have a player in mind I will dig up what I have.
By any chance do you know where we can find the AFL Player Ratings list? These are now gone from Statspro & are ranked by Fantasy pts instead. I update lists for "AFL Live" every yr & use AFL Player Ratings as my base rating & then add stats in from there. I have tweeted the official account asking this but they never reply so are not helpful at all.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
If we grab Bowes & pick 7, we can bundle that up with 12 & potentially take Cadman. That would be my focus, definitely worth it & would present the club with that elusive key forward. Could still grab Hopper with 19 & Soldo, could still grab Taranto with next year's first. Bumper crop & throw in Knobel & Lemmey with picks in the 30-60 range & the list is starting to look balanced & imposing.
You really need to give the Club a call & get a spot on our recruiting team.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Bowes is B grade but best 22, I would offer him 3-4 years to spread the pain a bit, or one could just take the existing deal & backload the others. Operation Cadman is goal, over & above Taranto & Hopper, bookends first!
I know you love your draft Bully, but now you're talking about somehow just magically back loading substantial salary deals for Bowes, Tarantino n Grasshopper as if it's all just a matter of asking them nicely and it's all simply happening.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
By any chance do you know where we can find the AFL Player Ratings list? These are now gone from Statspro & are ranked by Fantasy pts instead. I update lists for "AFL Live" every yr & use AFL Player Ratings as my base rating & then add stats in from there. I have tweeted the official account asking this but they never reply so are not helpful at all.
Not sure about the Player Ratings list, one thing I have noticed is a lot of stuff that was free & readily available has gone AWOL. I thought it was to do with covid but it's still thin on the ground. The NAB league stats have been watered down so much I had to jump on a few opposition sites last year, that's how I got word on Goater's KE being 85% in NAB league, biggest heist with the video editing, well done Giantroo, Goater got to his club of choice, nice piece of chicanery.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
I know you love your draft Bully, but now you're talking about somehow just magically back loading substantial salary deals for Bowes, Tarantino n Grasshopper as if it's all just a matter of asking them nicely and it's all simply happening.
Don't mind punting Castagna to get this over line, I value pick 7 highly.