2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I'm warming to Scully. You can't ignore his form early on in the reserves sanfl bully what are his strengths and weaknesses, you reckon ?.
I'm lukewarm as I feel he's a classic tweener, not strong enough for a key position, not good enough for a ruck role. I've noted quite a few occasions where he's double grabbed the mark, he just doesn't seem to have clamp hands which others in the pool have demonstrated. I'm also a bit concerned about his kicking to be honest, Lemmey by far the better ball drop & kicking range. Guys of Scully's height & weight are generally long shots but I suppose if there's a sniff he might make a decent second ruck then we might be onto something. Packaging up Scully & Lemmey does make a truckload of sense however, if we land both I won't be upset, I can see plenty of merit in taking a couple of teammates from interstate.

Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I'm lukewarm as I feel he's a classic tweener, not strong enough for a key position, not good enough for a ruck role. I've noted quite a few occasions where he's double grabbed the mark, he just doesn't seem to have clamp hands which others in the pool have demonstrated. I'm also a bit concerned about his kicking to be honest, Lemmey by far the better ball drop & kicking range. Guys of Scully's height & weight are generally long shots but I suppose if there's a sniff he might make a decent second ruck then we might be onto something. Packaging up Scully & Lemmey does make a truckload of sense however, if we land both I won't be upset, I can see plenty of merit in taking a couple of teammates from interstate.
If it's a choice between Lemmey and Binns, who would you choose Bully?

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
If it's a choice between Lemmey and Binns, who would you choose Bully?
As much as I like Binns I think we need to prioritise the key position prospect, particularly given we won't be a big player next year. The earlier you get them in the better, Lemmey is a 4 year year project but the rewards could be immense.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
As much as I like Binns I think we need to prioritise the key position prospect, particularly given we won't be a big player next year. The earlier you get them in the better, Lemmey is a 4 year year project but the rewards could be immense.
Cheers Bully

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I still can’t see Lemmy lasting to our pick. He was touted as a top 5 pick at the start of the year. Given the nature of this draft a club will take the punt on him.

Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I'm not a Scully advocate but when you package that up with Lemmey I'm warming to the suggestion, team mates should foster some healthy competition & help overcome the go home factor.
If that did eventuate, what would you give our off season in total & what would you be looking to do in the rookie draft?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It makes sense given the "go home factor" in play these days. Given our picks we have done well if 1 of them makes it, even better if both make the grade.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
If that did eventuate, what would you give our off season in total & what would you be looking to do in the rookie draft?
Would have to be an A grade, all deficiencies dealt with & enough tall talent in the pipeline.

Reactions: 1 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
As far as the rookie draft is concerned I think Marlin Corbett would be an astute pick-up, his kicking skill, particularly on the run impresses me, there's also enough evidence to suggest he'll be fine against the bigger bodies. Quite a few Allies slipping under the radar, this will be where the value lies I suspect. I don't think we'll get a sniff at McCallum but Seth Campbell might be there. Ted Clohesy is another who might offer some value but I'm wary given Geelong won't be matching. As I understand they have committed to him in the rookie draft but not in the national draft. Our pick is before them so that could be an option.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

We pick the best outside midfilder players. They are so outside they never get near the ball

Last edited:

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Looking at our elimination final team v Brisbane
Subtract edwards
Add graham grimes hopper & Taranto

Then consider Castagna soldo

we’ve got Biggy ralphsmith mansell Dow Clarke brown banks Bauer Colina Ryan in development

I think anyone of the 6 draftees to come in over the next week are really up against it to get AFL selection. I’d be really surprised if this group plays 10 AFL games between them in 2023.

I’d be looking at bottom age, Unless there is a guy like Pickett or Lambert.
Definitely look for the hungriest, and for the very best attitude amongst those in contention.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Why dosent Carlton just call our recruiting blokes we are the best at picking 'outside midfilders', they are sooo outside they are never get near the ball.Screenshot_20221125_062352_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
It makes sense given the "go home factor" in play these days. Given our picks we have done well if 1 of them makes it, even better if both make the grade.
Straight swap next years trade
Lemmy & Scully for JHF.
Surely JHF wants to return home to victoria.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
As far as the rookie draft is concerned I think Marlin Corbett would be an astute pick-up, his kicking skill, particularly on the run impresses me, there's also enough evidence to suggest he'll be fine against the bigger bodies. Quite a few Allies slipping under the radar, this will be where the value lies I suspect. I don't think we'll get a sniff at McCallum but Seth Campbell might be there. Ted Clohesy is another who might offer some value but I'm wary given Geelong won't be matching. As I understand they have committed to him in the rookie draft but not in the national draft. Our pick is before them so that could be an option.
There are a few good judges here who like Corbett. I'm another. He suffers from his efficiency, I reckon. He's not flashy, he makes the ball do the work and can look unobtrusive. Probably lacks a little explosiveness but is a good runner and has a great pair of hands. Very much a team player, the kind of guy who will rack up 20 touches a week, use the ball well and still be anonymous. Neil Craig would love him, he reminds me of the flotilla of interchangeable Crow runners he had.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Jefferson, Hewett & Mitchell was my suggestion, you could still grab Hopper as well.
Still take Hopper and Timmy and a chance and a flag. Mitchell isn't a runner, he got shafted from a bad side who prefer to have no midfield then him in it. Says a lot and you still need to pay him 400-500 even if the Hawks pay some of it.

Put the chips in the middle of the table, all in. You can't go halfway now and halfway for the future. We have a window, we are trying to maximize it.

Reactions: 11 users