2022 Jumper Numbers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Jumper Numbers

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Been a while since we had a real good #24. It was Cogs’ number, but you need to go back to Barrott for a real legend to have worn it.

Reactions: 3 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Yeah, the way my father and uncle spoke about him he was like that era’s version of Dusty.
This is very true. Lots of similarities between the two: strength through the hips and legs; great burst of speed; excellent goal sense; ability to turn a game.
Normally a centreman, Billy was often sent forward. I saw him kick 8 goals at Princes Park In 1969 against our biggest enemy. The premiership soon followed.
What a player. Only slight knock was on his kicking when he very occasionally shanked them. No knock on his 60 meter drop kicks though!

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
This is very true. Lots of similarities between the two: strength through the hips and legs; great burst of speed; excellent goal sense; ability to turn a game.
Normally a centreman, Billy was often sent forward. I saw him kick 8 goals at Princes Park In 1969 against our biggest enemy. The premiership soon followed.
What a player. Only slight knock was on his kicking when he very occasionally shanked them. No knock on his 60 meter drop kicks though!
I think my father and uncle went to that game at Princes Park. My cousin has spoken about it, too.

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I think my father and uncle went to that game at Princes Park. My cousin has spoken about it, too.
I was at that game (not that I can remember much else about it).

Barrot kicked 8, John Northey kicked 5 and Billy Brown kicked 4.

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I loved Bustling Billy, didn't he have a bit of strut about him.
Billy was one of the reasons we won premierships back in those heady days.
The centre line of Bourke Barrott Clay has been touted as the best centre line ever.

Reactions: 4 users

Clawed

Tiger Cub
Jan 2, 2005
I loved Bustling Billy, didn't he have a bit of strut about him.
I remember Billy against Carlton at the MCG bursting out of the centre maybe taking a bounce and then booting a 60 metre drop kick thru the goals. It is still etched in my mind after more than 50 years. He was a ledgend but we got a good trade for him when we swapped him for Ian Stewart from St Kilda

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I remember Billy against Carlton at the MCG bursting out of the centre maybe taking a bounce and then booting a 60 metre drop kick thru the goals. It is still etched in my mind after more than 50 years. He was a ledgend but we got a good trade for him when we swapped him for Ian Stewart from St Kilda
A great memory. He used to love to let everyone know all about it too, what a star.
Wouldn't he be an excitement machine in the modern game, strong, tough, a good mark and an awesome kick.