2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
In my mind, we're definitely making finals.

We haven't been outplayed for several months now. Not once.

Our defence is getting tighter with Tarrant settling in beautifully now.

We have star players about to come back

And we have a handful of promising young players to play a role like the Townsend/Graham types did late in 2017.

Overall, we're one of the in-form teams of the AFL over the 2nd half of the season and nobody has found a way to dismantle our system.

The only question in recent pages of this thread comes from a couple of close games going the other way. But a coin toss going the other way doesn't affect the outcome of next week's game.

There's a 12.5% chance of flipping tails 3 times in a row, but if you read the newspapers, the AFL media will paint the story as if we're now a 12.5% of winning any close game. It's misleading, and it invites negative thinking. For example, on match day their pre-game showed footage of us vs Freo from 2005 or so. See how far back they reached to manufacture a story to set expectations for what's in our future?

The RFC writes this story. And the only thing this group hasn't done is win a premiership from outside the top 4 - to win a premiership the hard way.

Everything is lining up for us to tick that box.
You should be a motivational speaker.

I’ve gone from pondering cancelling my Kayo subscription to pulling out my premiership box set and firing up the DVD player.

I can’t see finals this year but I’m pumped none the less.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
You should be a motivational speaker.

I’ve gone from pondering cancelling my Kayo subscription to pulling out my premiership box set and firing up the DVD player.

I can’t see finals this year but I’m pumped none the less.
So today if hawks and cats win
We just need to win our next 8

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Its not in our hands anymore we let that go over the last 3 weeks.

If the Cats conveniently get done tonight we are rooted and I reckon they know it.

We might be Dustyless for the remainder of the season with his hamstring apparently still 3 - 4 weeks away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Dogs clearly want it more and have been using the ball intelligently going forward.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
To be honest in a way this feels worse than 2018, we should be in the top 4 but imo we've thrown it away in 6 games. It really hurts.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
To be honest in a way this feels worse than 2018, we should be in the top 4 but imo we've thrown it away in 6 games. It really hurts.
If the Tiges were a top 4 team they’d be in the top 4.

You have to be able to get it done when it counts, and they’re just not that team any more.

realtiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 28, 2007
If the Tiges were a top 4 team they’d be in the top 4.

You have to be able to get it done when it counts, and they’re just not that team any more.
If the Dogs win its season over tonight for us even if we win all four. Disappointing that we’ve lost so many close ones this year. This will be the first time I’ve ever gone for Geelong,hopefully they’ll keep us in it and then it’s 8 wins for a Tiges flag.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
If the Dogs win its season over tonight for us even if we win all four. Disappointing that we’ve lost so many close ones this year. This will be the first time I’ve ever gone for Geelong,hopefully they’ll keep us in it and then it’s 8 wins for a Tiges flag.
Nah, the dogs won't win tonight anyway, but the Blooze aren't safe.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I reckon both us and the dogs will make it.

Carlton will drop out.

I have us beating Geelong in a semi.

Just to complete the set.

Reactions: 3 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Yep. Results falling our way a bit.
Geelong did us a big favour. Do they not fear the RFC any more? Sheesh if I was them I'd have seriously considered having a bad one against the Dogs.
Adelaide beating Carlton is huge for us. Carlton have Brisbane (in Brisbane), Melbourne and Collingwood to come. Doubt they win any of them and even if they jag one we will still finish above them if we win all ours.
The Aints beating Hawthorn doesn't matter much. Can't see them winning all three.
All down to the RFC. Win all our games and we may even finish seventh - not that it makes any difference.
Big game tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
So, only 8 wins to go from 8 games n we win the flag. Considering the way we've gone about throwing game after game in the bin this year ( Richmond killing Richmond ) I'm pretty sure I won't be holding my breath n expecting another flag this year.

Simply gunna kick back n watch the development performances of our youngsters n look forward to the next generation establishing their credentials.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
if we got the extra 2 points against Freo I would be confident. Pretty sure 12 wins will get a spot in the 8 on %. Saints will win one of their last 2 I think. Blues none. Dogs will win all 3 to grab a spot. So reckon we can still make it with 3 wins which gets us to 50 points.