2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Nah. No way. Not for me. Blandbane we lost in the 2020 QF up there and round 10 last year, but prior to that we beat them in the QF and won something like the previous 4 or 5 against them at the Gabba.

ridiculous comparison. that was years ago. recent form (the only form that matters) suggests we will struggle up there against Brisbane.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
no way. you have this the wrong way round.

brisbane can hurt us with their forward line. fremantle cannot.

we play very well over there in WA. we love the trip and are in much better form since we played Freo.

we score heavily on the firmer surface too.

easily the team I would like to face in an EF.
No way. We couldn’t beat them the last time IN MELBOURNE. Marvel isn’t “firm” ?

We play better at the Gabba. We’ve won 7 of our last 9 there.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
ridiculous comparison. that was years ago. recent form (the only form that matters) suggests we will struggle up there against Brisbane.
Recent form eh ? Freo have won their last 2.

Brisbane got belted last night and are a deflated mess at the moment.

Struggle in Brisbane. Hah hah hah. Absurd. Won 7 of our last 9 up there.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
No way. We couldn’t beat them the last time IN MELBOURNE. Marvel isn’t “firm” ?

We play better at the Gabba. We’ve won 7 of our last 9 there.

dude WA is firm (if it hasn't rained). last I checked we would be playing Freo over there if we play them at all. We like Optus.

Forget about "9 games",

Brisbane is a dangerous side against us, they killed us in the first half at the G and won't be any easier at the GABBA.

We can beat them up there but those saying it isn't our first choice are spot on.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
dude WA is firm (if it hasn't rained). last I checked we would be playing Freo over there if we play them at all. We like Optus.

Forget about "9 games",

Brisbane is a dangerous side against us, they killed us in the first half at the G and won't be any easier at the GABBA.

We can beat them up there but those saying it isn't our first choice are spot on.
Errr….we beat Brisbane.

We didn’t beat Freo. In Melbourne.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Recent form eh ? Freo have won their last 2.

Brisbane have lost their last two and are a mess at the moment.

Struggle in Brisbane. Hah hah hah. Absurd. Won 7 of our last 9 up there.

you don't have a handle on this bud.

brisbane can carve our midfield up and make our back six look shaky if we're not careful. melbourne demolished them because their midfield is bigger, better, brutal.

the fact remains a final at the GABBA is a worry for us.

that's the tactical outlook of 2022. your "7 of 9" is rubbish.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Errr….we beat Brisbane.

We didn’t beat Freo. In Melbourne.

yes of course, you're right.

our form since the Freo game, the tactical changes, the settling of all positions, the rise of cotch, dion and tom, none of that has changed.

ha ha ha ha ha ha

turn it up

if we played Freo at the G tomorrow we'd win by 10 goals.

but by all means keep bringing up our form from 2016 :unsure:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
you don't have a handle on this bud.

brisbane can carve our midfield up and make our back six look shaky if we're not careful. melbourne demolished them because their midfield is bigger, better, brutal.

the fact remains a final at the GABBA is a worry for us.

that's the tactical outlook of 2022. your "7 of 9" is rubbish.
Yeah. Brisbane have really “carved us up” over the years. Absurd. Absolutely ridiculous. Hah hah hah…

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yeah. Brisbane have really “carved us up” over the years. Absurd. Absolutely ridiculous. Hah hah hah…

I'm talking about 2022. you are bringing up the last 9 games against the lions, so let's say you're talking 2016.

have I got that right?

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
2022 ? Hah hah hah… um we won in 2022 !

You’re digging your own grave here.

we are talking about a final at the GABBA and our prospects of winning it

sage heads here suggest Freo is a preferred EF option and they are right

you are wrong

are you ok ?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
we are talking about a final at the GABBA and our prospects of winning it

sage heads here suggest Freo is a preferred EF option and they are right

you are wrong

are you ok ?
And a final in Perth and our prospects of winning that. Which would be less given your OWN reference to 2022 form.

Keep digging.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
And a final in Perth and our prospects of winning that. Which would be less given your OWN reference to 2022 form.

Keep digging.

you have a pretty simple view of footy, no?

freo drew with us, so therefore we fear them. right?

brisbane lose to us, therefore we don't fear them. right?

no consideration of form, personnel, momentum, location.

ERP DERP

you know, I was wrong about you. I thought you were an inoffensive oaf with some reasonable views on footy. but alas, not to be.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
you have a pretty simple view of footy, no?

freo drew with us, so therefore we fear them. right?

brisbane lose to us, therefore we don't fear them. right?

no consideration of form, personnel, momentum, location.

ERP DERP
Hah hah hah… form ? Location ? Momentum ? Freo 2 wins in a row. Brisbane getting belted. 90 min plane trip to a ground we have a great record at v 4 hours to Perth with a lesser record and bigger home crowd.

You really are confused. You realise you’re arguing against yourself don’t you ?

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Hah hah hah… form ? Location ? Momentum ? Freo 2 wins in a row. Brisbane getting belted. 90 min plane trip to a ground we have a great record at v 4 hours to Perth with a lesser record and bigger home crowd.

You really are confused. You realise you’re arguing against yourself don’t you ?

Only so much I can do here.

If you can’t get your head around why Fremantle is an easier kill for us then I can’t help you.

But you do you:

We couldn’t beat Freo a month back. BAD.

We beat Brisbane. YAY!

Form, location, tactics and positions do not enter your head.

Ignorance is bliss eh? Come on, be honest.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
My preference for an elimination final is

1. anyone at the G - that means the pies
2. play a young inexperienced finals team away - that means Freo - we match up fairly well against Freo in any case and have a good record over there

……there is a gap and then the stakes get much harder…….

3. Sydney at the SCG - again, we did well against them early in the year.
4. Brisbane in Brisbane - they showed how they can play us when switched on in that first half last outing - I am least confident with this scenario for some reason but Sydney would be equally as hard away also.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Only so much I can do here.

If you can’t get your head around why Fremantle is an easier kill for us then I can’t help you.

But you do you:

We couldn’t beat Freo a month back. BAD.

We beat Brisbane. YAY!

GOOD
Hmmm. Pretty poor argument again although at least you didn’t contradict yourself this time.

YAY !

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Hmmm. Pretty poor argument again although at least you didn’t contradict yourself this time.

YAY !

No contradiction. Read all the posts if you require clarity.

The only thing happening here is your amoeba level of understanding.

As posters continue to say in this thread (even as you post) there is more to this than “Freo drew with us and are therefore unbeatable at home.”

As I continue to patiently point out, our form since that game has skyrocketed, we play Optus very well, and Fremantle’s main weapons cannot hurt us as much as Brisbane’s can.

But keep floating, dear amoeba.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No contradiction. Read all the posts if you require clarity.

The only thing happening here is your amoeba level of understanding.

As posters continue to say in this thread (even as you post) there is more to this than “Freo drew with us and are therefore unbeatable at home.”

As I continue to patiently point out, our form since that game has skyrocketed, we play Optus very well, and Fremantle’s main weapons cannot hurt us as much as Brisbane’s can.

But keep floating, dear amoeba.
Meh. As I “patiently point out” We actually play the Gabba better. Freos weapons v Brisbane’s ? Nice generalisation. Form you bring up ? To date, not accounting for the game v GWS, Freo in front there too.

Always fun watching you disintegrate into personal insults with everyone on PRE when it’s not going your way.

“Yay !”

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
We didn’t match up well enough against Freo a few weeks ago in Melbourne to get a win. And they beat us the time before that as well.
Freo couldnt beat us at a ground we hate, with Toby Nankervis playing forward. I reckon Lynch in and Nank to the ruck will make us a little stronger.