2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If the 1st week of finals go the way expected, Richmond will be playing interstate again the second week. Win that we will most likely be playing Geelong in a preliminary. That is a tough road to the granny!

But if we play Geelong at the MCG in the Prelim, the haters will still say "Richmond are protected species," despite winning a flag 2 years ago playing a whole season interstate.

How *smile* playing it on a Thursday. Obviously for Papley primarily.

Got leave pass from Mrs Leysy and all. Ready to make the trek.

Then announce Thursday - WTF!! No chance with work.

Ah well save the $$$ for Sydney!!

100% going to Sydney if that scenario eventuates.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Agreed. But Thursday too?
And then there’s families with kids at school. They’ve got no hope
It's certainly not a fixture designed with consideration to Richmond fans. Unsurprising, they hate us.

I feel for anyone who wanted to go but will find it too difficult now. I'll yell extra loud and see if I can't get close enough to throw a set of false teeth at Veneers Fagan.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
The Skunks must have made a deal with the devil. The amount of low scoring close games they have won and now finals have opened up for them.

Win against Geelong and they are straight to a prelim
Lose to Geelong and they then get Freo at the G (they beat Freo comfortably as Optus), and the skunks love those low scoring close ones, and Freo aren't big scorers. Win that and they go the prelim, where they play Melbourne if they beat Sydney. Melbourne are the Pies bunnies.

The whole finals series is wide open for the Pies right now unfortunately.

We should have beaten them in 2 weeks, they were 2 minutes away from elimination by us, now they seem to have a relatively easy swing to a prelim.

Deals with the devil are alive and well

So you are thinking it is a good chance for a Richmond v Collingwood GF??

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Im conflicted about whether the Cats v Pies game should have been on the Thursday.
On 1 hand it would have been fine for Pies fans who dont have to worry about getting up for work the next day, but on the other hand most Cats fans are 60yo women, who really dont like being out after 7pm, so a night game is a big challenge.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Forget about worrying who we play. Imagine being those teams drawn to play us in current form. They'll be shitting themselves.
Given his age, Fages probably already does have the odd accident anyway. Now he's just got Richmond to use as a convenient excuse

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Yeah of course. It is just as easy for the tens of thousands of Richmond supporters to arrange flights, accommodation, tickets, time off work to travel etc etc for a Thursday night game as it is for Brisbane supporters to just roll in after work on a Thursday. Give me a break.

You don't think we would have more supporters be able to get to the game on a Saturday or even a Friday night?
The ground only holds 40000. How many tickets are allocated to RFC members? And could any airline get tens of thousands of people from Mel to bris in one day at the moment?,

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
It's certainly not a fixture designed with consideration to Richmond fans. Unsurprising, they hate us.

I feel for anyone who wanted to go but will find it too difficult now. I'll yell extra loud and see if I can't get close enough to throw a set of false teeth at Veneers Fagan.
You’re not gonna throw yours at him though are you ? You’ll need yours to yell stuff with.

Think tactically with this.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
But if we play Geelong at the MCG in the Prelim, the haters will still say "Richmond are protected species," despite winning a flag 2 years ago playing a whole season interstate.

100% going to Sydney if that scenario eventuates.
Same here. Don’t care if I drive up.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Heard on Ch 7 tonight that the Salty’s v Skunks game got moved to Satdy night at the request of the Salty’s so that their fans could get to the game. Ahhhh, walk to the bowling alley from your commission home!
The Anchiove and his henchmen are doing everything to make it as hard as possible for the RFC. It’s so obvious.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Anyone have an understanding of when our next game should be assuming we win?
Is Friday night probable or is Saturday a chance?
Friday night gives Melbourne or Sydney a 7 day break and us an 8 day break.
Going to pre book refundable airfares like I did for Brisbane. Got great seats and cheap flights planning ahead

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Anyone have an understanding of when our next game should be assuming we win?
Is Friday night probable or is Saturday a chance?
Friday night gives Melbourne or Sydney a 7 day break and us an 8 day break.
Going to pre book refundable airfares like I did for Brisbane. Got great seats and cheap flights planning ahead

Fri night for sure DA.

Otherwise 6 day break comes into play.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
How *smile* playing it on a Thursday. Obviously for Papley primarily.

Got leave pass from Mrs Leysy and all. Ready to make the trek.

Then announce Thursday - WTF!! No chance with work.

Ah well save the $$$ for Sydney!!
Look on the bright side we get 2 days more rest before we play Sydney or Melbourne