2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
This season may turn out to be one for the Tigers of :

Ifs
Maybes
Could’ve

I doubt we can do it from here.

It’s going to be extremely tough. We are losing players again every week.

I want to believe.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I believe we are good enough to go through the remainder of the H&A season undefeated. That would mean 16 wins and top 4. Brisbane can’t win on the MCG. Freo will be harder to beat because its at Marvel, but if Carlton can beat them, so can we. The other 2 tricky games are Gold Coast, where we have a great record. And Port away, who will be out of contention by the time we play them.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I believe we are good enough to go through the remainder of the H&A season undefeated. That would mean 16 wins and top 4. Brisbane can’t win on the MCG. Freo will be harder to beat because its at Marvel, but if Carlton can beat them, so can we. The other 2 tricky games are Gold Coast, where we have a great record. And Port away, who will be out of contention by the time we play them.
Was thinking that earlier.

WCE
Suns away
Norf
Freo in Melb
Lions at G (they havent won there since 2014)
Port away

Port away is the least likely and the Suns won't be a walkover. The others are very winnable.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Was thinking that earlier.

WCE
Suns away
Norf
Freo in Melb
Lions at G (they havent won there since 2014)
Port away

Port away is the least likely and the Suns won't be a walkover. The others are very winnable.
Port away is the possible loss but is winnable. Freo at the Dump showed they couldn't beat Cartoon there, and if that was at the G, Freo would've won as they did to Flashinthepanbourne.

8-6 now, so 16-6 can be done if we don't make simple errors.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I can't see how we can win all 8 games and make top 4. We are just losing too many games we should win this year; we have no margin for error.

At our best we can do it but we are not going to be at our best every game. Our best players are older and we are bound to get more injuries. Top 4 is a bridge too far this year. Whilst we should obviously aim for it I think we need to bank enough wins to shore up 5th or 6th and a home final and set ourselves from there. We just can not afford to drop any more games from winnable positions; that is now 5 this year. Fair dinkum we should be firmly planted in top 2 right now not hanging desperately to a spot in the 8. We also need to smash the weaker teams when we play them as in a close season percentage will be extremely important. We've never really grasped the percentage concept; we need to as of now.
Probably, it is unlikely we will win 8 in a row given our propensity to drop games this year.
I do however think back to 2017 when we dropped 4 games by a goal or so in 6 weeks and we all know how that worked out :love:

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Anything can happen after that bloody Geelong debacle.

If we are all still seething, imagine how the players feel.

This either galvanises us and we go up a gear, or we drop away.

Both options have occured last few years.

Dimma looked pretty angry at the presser, I vote we start taking no prisoners

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Slobbo just pretty much said the same thing on 360. Said we are the best team behind Melb. at the moment.
and he's right. Without these irritating flogs and bone head incidents, we can do it.

Perspective, Flashinthepanbourne bet a team who hasn't won at the G for years.....and barely played there.

Tigers2020

Tiger Rookie
Nov 6, 2020
The formula is simple: win 7 or 8 of our next 8 games. We must treat every match from now on as a must win. Looking at our fixture, Port Adelaide away is our hardest match and if we can get the job done there we should be fine.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Geelong is 6.5 second favourite for the flag right now. Do you think we can make the finals?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Usually I wouldn't care if we made the four. But our assignment is a bit different this year. Melbourne is the champion - we are a challenger.

Melbs flogged Footscray in the GF last year because the Scrays were *smile* because they played each finals week. Not to say the Dees wouldn't have beaten them any way. But the margin was wrong.

Melbourne fitness/soundness people managed the 2021 campaign brilliantly. (RFC has done plenty of this.) Get better after the byes. More explosive. Stay fresh. Improve weekly in September and peak GF day.

Melbs got byes. Footscray worked. Melbs peaked - Footscray floundered.

We still don't know how to benchmark the company Melbourne destroyed in that GF. We know the Dees were awesome.

Looking so fresh after the byes, Melbourne despatched a maimed, thin, road Brisbane. Baners may be no good but Melbourne was 15 goals better. Improving after the byes is a huge indicator.

If we can get our *smile* together we don't want to be grinding out each finals week. Sure, things can still go belly up for Melbs but it's trending hard the other way right now.

We have to plan to meet Melbourne in the GF. Posters have been all over the challenge for months now. And we all saw Mr Damien Hardwick measuring the challenge in the phoney season.

We're in the mix. But not favoured. Better to make the four because we don't want to be at a disadvantage should we meet Melbourne. If we can get it together it won't matter with the other sides. And, it's not out of the question that other sides have bad luck. We've had some.

Reactions: 5 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Usually I wouldn't care if we made the four. But our assignment is a bit different this year. Melbourne is the champion - we are a challenger.

Melbs flogged Footscray in the GF last year because the Scrays were *smile* because they played each finals week. Not to say the Dees wouldn't have beaten them any way. But the margin was wrong.

Melbourne fitness/soundness people managed the 2021 campaign brilliantly. (RFC has done plenty of this.) Get better after the byes. More explosive. Stay fresh. Improve weekly in September and peak GF day.

Melbs got byes. Footscray worked. Melbs peaked - Footscray floundered.

We still don't know how to benchmark the company Melbourne destroyed in that GF. We know the Dees were awesome.

Looking so fresh after the byes, Melbourne despatched a maimed, thin, road Brisbane. Baners may be no good but Melbourne was 15 goals better. Improving after the byes is a huge indicator.

If we can get our *smile* together we don't want to be grinding out each finals week. Sure, things can still go belly up for Melbs but it's trending hard the other way right now.

We have to plan to meet Melbourne in the GF. Posters have been all over the challenge for months now. And we all saw Mr Damien Hardwick measuring the challenge in the phoney season.

We're in the mix. But not favoured. Better to make the four because we don't want to be at a disadvantage should we meet Melbourne. If we can get it together it won't matter with the other sides. And, it's not out of the question that other sides have bad luck. We've had some.
We played in 4 finals in 2020 and won the big one.

We played the pretenders coming off their second bye in a month, and were more hardened because of it.

The pre finals bye makes the top four largely irrelevant. For us, anyway.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
West Coke stiffened up last couple of weeks so lads will have to gun ho right from the start.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Nice to be back in the 8 before we even play this round.

Although if Aarts and Castagna play this week, it won't be for long.