2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I hope the optimists are right but Melbourne did a number on Freo in the west.

Shows how poor Freo actually is as a finals prospect.

And shows where we're at.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
*smile* I truly cannot stand Geelong.

from porkins announcing he'll play on, from scott being obscenely smug beyond his means every week, from stewart's thuggish hit on Prestia (which i believe was an instruction), to danger's prancing entitlement, to duncan's general abrasiveness, to guthrie's ugly i-have-surfer-hair-ness, to cameron's whoops-did-my-elbow-do-that bastardry, just goddam everything about them.

where's the bloody anyone but geelong thread, if mighty tigers don't make it we'll need something to root for.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Never a good sign when you have to win every game to make finals.

Our form suggests we will slip up in one of those last 4.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I hope we make the finals, i've been hanging out to meeting and beating the Pies and the Blues in a final series again.

We slapped them both the last time we all played in a finals series together, over 40 years ago.

The crowds will be feral, my hatred of them both is still intense. If we make the finals we will pump them once again, just like we did in the good old days, all those years ago.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
*smile* I truly cannot stand Geelong.

from porkins announcing he'll play on, from scott being obscenely smug beyond his means every week, from stewart's thuggish hit on Prestia (which i believe was an instruction), to danger's prancing entitlement, to duncan's general abrasiveness, to guthrie's ugly i-have-surfer-hair-ness, to cameron's whoops-did-my-elbow-do-that bastardry, just goddam everything about them.

where's the bloody anyone but geelong thread, if mighty tigers don't make it we'll need something to root for.
You forgot Cameron’s celebrating every one of his goals as if he’d kicked the winning goal in a GF.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
if we got the extra 2 points against Freo I would be confident. Pretty sure 12 wins will get a spot in the 8 on %. Saints will win one of their last 2 I think. Blues none. Dogs will win all 3 to grab a spot. So reckon we can still make it with 3 wins which gets us to 50 points.

Ah, the old curve ball trick, no one expects the dogs and us to both get in - especially if we drop another game in the process - I like it.

Ah, but don’t forget the ol curve ball trick, MD is on to it, 3 wins from 4 could just do the trick.

So, only 8 wins to go from 8 games n we win the flag. Considering the way we've gone about throwing game after game in the bin this year ( Richmond killing Richmond ) I'm pretty sure I won't be holding my breath n expecting another flag this year.

Simply gunna kick back n watch the development performances of our youngsters n look forward to the next generation establishing their credentials.

Agree - 8 from 8 is a big mountain to climb - I am interested in far our young players can take us on that climb.

Right now, all I am hoping is that they get their toe out of base camp and start the dam thing - they have been stuck there, snug as a rug in their warm little tents for the last 4 weeks.

Time to start the climb boys.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Yeah. We’d need to improve on our YTD performances significantly to achieve 4/4. Don’t see 3/4 being enough. Dogs have a 2 point lead on us now. See them beating Freo at Marvel next week which would mean we’d have to win all 4 in a row.

Blues only need to win one game to force us to win 4/4 as well.

Stranger things have happened but it looks like 4/4 is going to be required.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
%
You’d think it’s not important but we could catch freo who are 12 points and the same % as us

Assume freo beat WCE and lose their other two

Now if we win all our 4 then we should get a higher % than freo but they might kick a test score versus WCE.
You just never know.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Brisbane - they are like us
Not great away from their fortress.

Port away - they’ll be a flat unit With their finals equation and the Hinkley chatter
They’ve had 1 top 8 scalp (Sydney in Adelaide and Sydney can’t travel either )
Neither can we but we’ll be full strength nearly and more to play for - fingers crossed

Hawks and Essendon- we know we can beat these two and if we don’t win - we don’t deserve a final

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Yeah. We’d need to improve on our YTD performances significantly to achieve 4/4. Don’t see 3/4 being enough. Dogs have a 2 point lead on us now. See them beating Freo at Marvel next week which would mean we’d have to win all 4 in a row.

Blues only need to win one game to force us to win 4/4 as well.
Blues won’t win again
It’s over

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Ever since the Mrs Hardwick situation things have never been the same
Fact !

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
1. Carlton MCG. LOSS
2. GWS MCG. Win 1
3. Stk. MVL. LOSS
4. WBD. MCG. WIN 2
5. Adel. AO. LOSS
6. Melb. MCG. LOSS
7. WCE. Perth. Win 3. + 109
8. Coll. MCG. WIN 4. + 27
9. Haw. MCG. Win 5. + 23
10. ESS. MCG. WIN 6. +32
11. SYD. SCG. Loss. -6
BYE
12. Port MCG. Win 7. + 12
13. Carl MCG. Win 8. + 15
14. Geel. MCG. LOSS. - 3
15. WCE MCG. WIN 9. + 35
16. Suns. GC. LOSS. -2
17 Nth. MVL. Loss -4.
18. Freo. MVL. Draw =
19. Lions. MCG. Win. +7
20. Port. AO
21. Haw. Mcg
22. Ess. MCG

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Had a bit of a look on the Cats and Magpies fans boards to get a read on the room so to speak.

They are seriously pissed we won as they were deperate for the Tigers to be dead and buried..............even though it assures Cats of top 2 and gives the Maggots a run at 3rd spot.

Many are basically admitting they dont want the RFC in the finals cos they are spooked knowing our best is good enough.

Even playing shitt the bed footy for an entire season the RFC is still DOMINANT in the minds of cats and Skunks fans.

Win next week and we will have em all looking over their shoulders.

Reactions: 5 users

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Richmond is better than Collingwood and Geelong.

But means f all as we still likely won't make it.