2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Richmond is better than Collingwood and Geelong.

But means f all as we still likely won't make it.
Next week is the fork in the road for the Tigers now.

Basically another Port Adelaide Prelim in Adelaide (of course).

Reactions: 2 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Had a bit of a look on the Cats and Magpies fans boards to get a read on the room so to speak.

They are seriously pissed we won as they were deperate for the Tigers to be dead and buried..............even though it assures Cats of top 2 and gives the Maggots a run at 3rd spot.

Many are basically admitting they dont want the RFC in the finals cos they are spooked knowing our best is good enough.

Even playing shitt the bed footy for an entire season the RFC is still DOMINANT in the minds of cats and Skunks fans.

Win next week and we will have em all looking over their shoulders.
Interesting post this,and could be history repeating itself.Like next week round 20,back in 1968 Geelong played St Kilda and lost by 8 goals,leaving the Tiges to miss by half a game in the final four at the time.It was widely spoken about that the cats threw that game to keep the Tiges out(especially given they lost the 67 grannie to us).Further evidence was that they met the Saints the following week and beat them by 8 goals!Ah but this time around the Tiges have more games to play,and really should make it.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Had a bit of a look on the Cats and Magpies fans boards to get a read on the room so to speak.

They are seriously pissed we won as they were deperate for the Tigers to be dead and buried..............even though it assures Cats of top 2 and gives the Maggots a run at 3rd spot.

Many are basically admitting they dont want the RFC in the finals cos they are spooked knowing our best is good enough.

Even playing shitt the bed footy for an entire season the RFC is still DOMINANT in the minds of cats and Skunks fans.

Win next week and we will have em all looking over their shoulders.
Surely Pies members aren't upset we won. Or are they really that stupid?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Needed that win. Saints are surely done. Carlton are in our sights, they have a tricky last 3 games.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
we can end port’s season this weekend

I think it is already over red rover - 3 games and % from 8th with 3 games to go.

We now need to plan for the free hit in each of our last 3 games - those teams have nothing to lose but also nothing to play for. One week at a time but we tend to match up well against the porters.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Brightsiders : all set up for 7 more in a row
Darksiders : Now playing long game to set up nicely to somehow *smile* the bed vs Essendon and pull 9th with saints and dogs pulling off miracle come from behind wins too.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I’m hoping we get to put Collingwood out in an elimination final
Revenge against swans at SCG
THEN beat the best two in consecutive weeks on our ground

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The fact remains that we still haven't been outplayed by any club in 2-3 months of football.

Why not us?

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Starting to look like Tigers and Bulldogs fight for 8th spot with a slight chance both could push Carlton out. Would be great if Bulldogs lose to Fremantle and we beat Port next week. That would close to guarantee us a spot with both Dons and Hawks playing for draft position.

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
We win our last 3 and even if Carlton win one we make it. We are in this to our eyeballs!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dream outcome -
We make the 8 and win in week 1
Geelong lose in week 1
Richmond vs Geelong in the SF

• Love

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Dream outcome -
Geelong lose in week 1

If Geelong finish top of the ladder and lose a QF, imagine the nerves as their September form looks bad again.

Delicious.

DS

• Love

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Dream outcome -
Geelong lose in week 1
It would be nice to go for the set against them in recent times. Qualifying final. Tick. Preliminary final. Tick. Grand final. Tick. Just need an elimination final and semi.

Reactions: 1 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
I’m hoping we get to put Collingwood out in an elimination final
Revenge against swans at SCG
THEN beat the best two in consecutive weeks on our ground
Elim final Vs Bloos:banana
Semi Vs Coll:banana
Prelim Vs Cats:banana
GF Vs who cares.:banana

What a September that would be.:cupgold

• Love

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I've never been one to do a ladder predictor, but it's now or never.

I suspect we drop 1 of the remaining 3 games based on recent history. Who the hell knows which one, as all 3 will be close (just cos we seem to like it that way).

Which means in all likelihood, we will be sitting and watching the Carlton v Collingwood game in the final round and barracking for those stinkin' Pies.

Get ready to strap in for the rollercoaster of emotion over the next month. I might need to discover meditation.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I've never been one to do a ladder predictor, but it's now or never.

I suspect we drop 1 of the remaining 3 games based on recent history. Who the hell knows which one, as all 3 will be close (just cos we seem to like it that way).

Which means in all likelihood, we will be sitting and watching the Carlton v Collingwood game in the final round and barracking for those stinkin' Pies.

Get ready to strap in for the rollercoaster of emotion over the next month. I might need to discover meditation.

Maybe leave the country and go somewhere with no wi-fi or Australians? Nothing in our control until SK lose 1 or Carlton lose 2 (and assuming we win otherwise add 1 to those numbers)