2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Ive got us beating dees on the G elim
Lions at the gabba semi
Cats on the G prelim
Swans on the G for the flag
That's somewhere around 18/1 IMO. Probably only start fav against Swans

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Whatever the cause is, our points against shows we've let too many goals in this year.

We've tightened in recent weeks though - 67, 71, 97, 52, in past four games.
I reckon a big part of it is the defence hasn't been settled. Grimes and Vlastuin have both missed plenty of footy and have barely played in the same team. Tarrant took a couple of months to get going. Balta and Baker were deployed elsewhere for most of the season. The skinny kid Gibcus has played most games. Broad and Rioli have been the two constants.

We've started to solidify with Balta and Baker back there. Grimes back at some point for Gibcus would be ideal.

Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I reckon a big part of it is the defence hasn't been settled. Grimes and Vlastuin have both missed plenty of footy and have barely played in the same team. Tarrant took a couple of months to get going. Balta and Baker were deployed elsewhere for most of the season. The skinny kid Gibcus has played most games. Broad and Rioli have been the two constants.

We've started to solidify with Balta and Baker back there. Grimes back at some point for Gibcus would be ideal.
I think after all the tinkering we have settled on our best structure. That’s across the ground. Our turn over game is in over drive thanks to MRJ and we are scoring heavily.

Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think after all the tinkering we have settled on our best structure. That’s across the ground. Our turn over game is in over drive thanks to MRJ and we are scoring heavily.
It feels like a lot has clicked into place since half time of the Brisbane game. Crazy to think that throwing Ben Miller into the ruck was a major part of that, allowing Balta to stay back and meaning we don't have a dinosaur on the bench half the game taking valuable rest time from Cotch and co., and lumbering around the rest of the time. Miller doesn't get much of the ball yet, especially when he plays forward, but he can run. Our offensive spread and defensive cover are better for it.

Reactions: 13 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
You are probably right. But without needing stats we do need to tighten up on our defensive work. Across the entire year teams have had the ability to get easy run of goals against us.
You put it so much more accurately and eloquently than the Champion Data guys!

Reactions: 4 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
It feels like a lot has clicked into place since half time of the Brisbane game. Crazy to think that throwing Ben Miller into the ruck was a major part of that, allowing Balta to stay back and meaning we don't have a dinosaur on the bench half the game taking valuable rest time from Cotch and co., and lumbering around the rest of the time. Miller doesn't get much of the ball yet, especially when he plays forward, but he can run. Our offensive spread and defensive cover are better for it.
Cant help thinking the injection of some youth has added some life to our game. Sonsie, MJ, Miller and Cumbo make for a very different team. Reminds me a bit of the younger guys in 2017.

Reactions: 8 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Miller doesn't get much of the ball yet, especially when he plays forward, but he can run. Our offensive spread and defensive cover are better for it.
Agree.
Miller running to the wing to be the marking outlet from defense allows Lynch and Reiwoldt to stay closer to goal.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He’s scared and doesn’t want to show it to you. Or he’s in denial :LOL:
Nah. He's simply a Geelol supporter who loathes the coach but is super impressed about Geelol being the best home and away team in the comp once again. Poor bugger doesn't quite realise that being the best long running soap opera is bloody irrelevant when the seriously important stuff goes on show.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
If Melbourne can only barely just beat Carlton who can’t even beat an egg, I’m happy to get them in an elimination final

Lost to Collingwood
Lost to Sydney
Lost to Freo
Beat bris in melb
Beat the crows away
Lost to Geelong
Beat port
Lost to bulldogs
Beat freo in Perth
Lost to Collingwood
Beat Carlton

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A Tiges V Lions elimination final is looking good, we'll murder the bums.

Go Pies and Dockers.