2022 Memberships | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Memberships

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Not sure what the incentive should be, although this one would be good, all the clubs in Melbourne could agree to this and everyone gets to go to an away game for free and all clubs get a way to keep their members. My membership covers away games in Melbourne so wouldn't affect me, maybe a decent reserved seat for no cost at an away game would be nice.

I really wonder whether they will do general admission in 2022. The AFL certainly seems to want to make it reserved for every seat forever more. I hope they don't succeed, general admission is a bedrock of the game and should be kept.

DS

My line of thinking is that supporters would get to a game of their choosing. not one dedicated game. I would personally choose a game interstate.

Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
The racing industry is working on the basis that non-vaxxed punters and participants won't be allowed into racecourses. Many businesses too.

Vax-hesitant people will see their friends living more freely and not becoming autistic, while the die-hard anti-vaxxers clog our ICU units.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Clubs must be wrapped that roughly 15% of supporters won't be resigning if they can't attend if they don't want to get vaccinated.
Hope they're factoring in that financial loss for the 2022 season.

Well, that's good if they don't resign.

Presuming you mean re-signing, I don't know where you get 15% from and I reckon, if they say no vax no entry it will be a long way below 15%.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i must admit i will be considering my membership options. I am premiership club and have been to 1 game in the last 2 years- the loss to the PIes this year. that game cost me about $1,200, and it was a depressing day realising our season was probably over when Grundy kicked a goal late.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Well, that's good if they don't resign.

Presuming you mean re-signing, I don't know where you get 15% from and I reckon, if they say no vax no entry it will be a long way below 15%.

DS
Yes I meant re-signing.:cautious:
I'm basing it roughly on expected vaccination percentages.
I'm sure everyone knows people who don't want to get vaxed for whatever reasons. I don't agree with them but there are plenty out there.
We'll see.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
My membership has given me enough value-for-money over the last 5 to cover the next 10 yrs.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Clubs must be wrapped that roughly 15% of supporters won't be resigning if they can't attend if they don't want to get vaccinated.
Hope they're factoring in that financial loss for the 2022 season.
So why would you or anyone else not want to get vaccinated? Are you pleading and moaning on behalf of some mythical 15% you've plucked from somewhere or yourself?
If you do not want to get vaccinated, don't expect to be allowed at any public event. You are a health risk. People are dying. Closing in on 200 in NSW since Gladbag decided she could virtually ignore Delta.
Simple.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
i must admit i will be considering my membership options. I am premiership club and have been to 1 game in the last 2 years- the loss to the PIes this year. that game cost me about $1,200, and it was a depressing day realising our season was probably over when Grundy kicked a goal late.
I'm in the same club but with a family membership... though I was able to take advantage of the 50% offer from missing last years games to roll over into this year's membership but didn't expect the year to go like this, like most of you. Let's see how it shapes up, renewals are coming up fast.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
So why would you or anyone else not want to get vaccinated? Are you pleading and moaning on behalf of some mythical 15% you've plucked from somewhere or yourself?
If you do not want to get vaccinated, don't expect to be allowed at any public event. You are a health risk. People are dying. Closing in on 200 in NSW since Gladbag decided she could virtually ignore Delta.
Simple.
I'm double vaxed & a very strong advocate for vaccination. Everyone should get vaccinated for their's & others protection.

Not quite as keen on having to digitally check into everywhere for the rest of my life though which is shaping up to how it will be.

No I'm not pleading & moaning for anyone.

Lastly geez you post like a flog.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm double vaxed & a very strong advocate for vaccination. Everyone should get vaccinated for their's & others protection.

Not quite as keen on having to digitally check into everywhere for the rest of my life though which is shaping up to how it will be.

I reckon it's a temporary thing - once the covids goes truly endemic and low level it will be increasingly irrelevant. Of course there is always a possibility governments might keep it in as another form of social control, or in the event of another pandemic maybe.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Long term res seat holder, I’m going to switch to roaming , I still anticipate some from of restriction , having a specific seat has proved useless under the circumstances, wouldnt surprise if drastic changes applied then Murphy’s law would prob have it that things resume to normal . Anyhow I’m changing mine

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
If digital ticketing is here to stay, I’m happy to forgo the lurks and perks for my membership as long as the club use the money saved to lobby hard for the AFL and ticketek/ Ticketmaster to get it right and not make it so *smile* hard to get a decent seat
So the end of just deciding on the day who you are going with meeting at the gate, finding a seat dependent on weather, no option to Stand.

Obvious the suits at HQ and in club land are happy to go down this route.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I reckon it's a temporary thing - once the covids goes truly endemic and low level it will be increasingly irrelevant. Of course there is always a possibility governments might keep it in as another form of social control, or in the event of another pandemic maybe.

Governments don't need people to check in, or use an app, to know where you are and what you are doing. That technology has been around for years. But it's a different Government Dept to the Health Dept and they don't want to reveal what they have. Well, it's also not scaled to monitor the entire population at once (yet).

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Have the membership prices gone up for next year?

Seems ordinary if true on the back of not being able to attend. And the Storm offering freebies.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Have the membership prices gone up for next year?

Seems ordinary if true on the back of not being able to attend. And the Storm offering freebies.

I think last year they were discounted in acknowledgment of the COVID thing
So it’s probably a matter of comparing to the the year before - and I can’t remember anyway!
Paid mine yesterday and I’m guessing it’s gone up a bit