2022 Mid Season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Mid Season Draft

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I wouldn't mind Lefau on our list. I'm worried he'd be a bit Jake Aartsy in that he might not take the step up to AFL.

But he stood out in the intraclub preseason, particularly his strength in the contest.

And has continued on with it in the VFL games all year. I could absolutely see him coming in and being a 2017 Townsend. Though maybe not as straight a kick.

He definitely has Richmond attributes.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I wouldn't mind Lefau on our list. I'm worried he'd be a bit Jake Aartsy in that he might not take the step up to AFL.

But he stood out in the intraclub preseason, particularly his strength in the contest.

And has continued on with it in the VFL games all year. I could absolutely see him coming in and being a 2017 Townsend. Though maybe not as straight a kick.

He definitely has Richmond attributes.
Really? on what ive seen, which admittedly is very little, he appears to have a very impressive physique, but limited footballing ability.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Really? on what ive seen, which admittedly is very little, he appears to have a very impressive physique, but limited footballing ability.

I don't think he has limited football ability. Maybe limited nous. Knowing how and when to get involved.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Oskar Faulkhead (179cm midfielder, Bendigo Pioneers) – 27 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 3 clearances, 5 inside-50s, 100 ranking points
Geez. That'd be a difficult surname to live with. I'm guessin the l would be silent.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The HUN has these Victorian kids listed as the best kids available in the MSD (there's one VFL Richmond player Lachlan Carrigan, never heard of him)

"Dandenong Stingrays sensation Jai Culley has further bolstered his mid-season draft chances as he put on a show in the Colgate Young Guns game last weekend.
Culley caught the eye of a raft of AFL recruiters at Werribee’s Avalon Airport Oval on Saturday as he logged 22 disposals and kicked four goals in an impressive afternoon for the Young Guns against Vic Metro’s under-18 side.

A hard-at-it midfielder who stands 193cm tall, Culley also recorded three clearances, five tackles, seven inside-50s and four score assists.

His four goals all came in the opening half of the match as he helped get the Young Guns on their way to a 59-point triumph.

Culley continually showed an ability to get to the right spots in the match and impressed with his sublime ball use both in front of the big sticks and hitting up teammates inside-50.

Jai Culley (193cm midfielder, Dandenong Stingrays) – 22 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 3 clearances, 7 inside-50s, 4 score assists, 4 goals, 197 ranking points
Max Ramsden (202cm ruckman, Sandringham Dragons) – 16 disposals, 3 marks, 13 hit-outs, 3 clearances, 2 goals, 103 ranking points
Harvey Gallagher (177cm forward, Bendigo Pioneers) – 15 disposals, 7 marks, 1 tackle, 1 score assist, 5 goals, 130 ranking points
Massimo D’Ambrossio (178cm defender, Western Jets) – 24 disposals, 2 marks, 1 clearance, 6 tackles, 9 rebound 50s, 159 ranking points
Tyler Norton (184cm defender, Murray Bushrangers) – 16 disposals, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 1 clearance, 1 rebound 50, 70 ranking points
Oskar Faulkhead (179cm midfielder, Bendigo Pioneers) – 27 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 3 clearances, 5 inside-50s, 100 ranking points
Lachlan Carrigan (191cm midfielder, Richmond VFL) – 20 disposals, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 2 clearances, 1 rebound 50, 107 ranking points
Hugo Hall-Kahan (188cm forward, Sandringham Dragons) – 18 disposals, 7 marks, 1 clearance, 4 inside-50s, 43 ranking points
Tyreece Leiu (194cm midfielder, Eastern Ranges) – 14 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 3 inside-50s, 2 rebound 50s, 76 ranking points
Jamieson Ballantyne (183cm midfielder, GWV Rebels) – 18 disposals, 2 marks, 1 tackle, 1 clearance, 2 inside-50s, 1 rebound 50, 86 ranking points
Jamieson Ballantyne had 18 disposals for the Young Guns. Picture: Getty Images

Jamieson Ballantyne had 18 disposals for the Young Guns."
My son played footy with Tyler Norton, great kid and very good sportsman , pretty sure he had high 20disposals on the weekend , he’s dad is one of the Bushies u/16 coaches

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tucker was good with the ball in front of him to run onto, but Poor to Milleresque under the high ball. Tylar Young far more impressive, but given there were apparently a number of recruiters at yesterday's game, he might be gone before our pick. Projects as a key defender at the next level so I could see Dudoro doing it again.
The only bonus is the Drugs have a raft of young talls they drafted in the past year especially 2 drafts ago.

Reid, Cox, Jones, Bryan, Josh Eyre amongst a couple of others.

Reactions: 1 user

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
Dont see it with Lefau at all Commentators always talk him up based on "athleticism" however i see no footy nous or understanding or reading of the game at all and often goes where the ball aint I would much prefer choosing someone else and leaving this guy to see out the VFL year and see if there is some improvement at the end of the season

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Can we get the D’Ambrosio kid in the mid season draft? Looked good in pre season and is killing it at U18 level. Or is this his first draft year?

Hes overage, small, and not AFL level.

What his 30 disposal NAB average dont mention is he takes kickouts and his side conceeds an average of 12 behinds

Its an absurd anomaly of our game that you get a kick stat for a kickout.

They might as well wear the GPS driving to ground.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Geez. That'd be a difficult surname to live with. I'm guessin the l would be silent.
lolol,,,He's probably one the Tiges might be looking at ,he is quite quick,and his skills are good ,and get's a bit of distance out of his kicking ,his endurance seems really good,he gets around the ground really well,and his pressure is good.
Only thing is,lm not sure he would have any impact this year ,but could be something to work with in the future.
I wished these top age country boys would get more exposure to the VFL

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Anyone seen this apparent no 1 in the MSD Jai Calley play?