2022 Richmond - Financial Result | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Richmond - Financial Result

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Richmond Football Club has reported a net operating profit of $2.64 million for the financial year, ended 31 October.

The profit was generated from a revenue base of $92.6 million and after amortization and depreciation. It excludes government funding associated with the redevelopment of Punt Road Oval.

“First and foremost, we thank our 100,792 loyal members,” Richmond president Peggy O’Neal said. “They are the foundations upon which this Club is built.”

“We also have wonderful corporate and coterie group support and this, combined with the return of crowds for an entire season, has kept this Club financially strong.”

Nice to see our club is still in a healthy financial position.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
that would include any grants received thus far for PRO redevelopment
Ahhhh, so that's from that statement the $10M received from the State Govt, another $5m to come and Federal Govt commitment of $15m to come as well.

"To date we have received $10m of funding from the State Government for the redevelopment with a further commitment of $5m, along side a Federal Government commitment of $15m."

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
$38 million in the bank and we rely on government handouts for PRO. And people don’t see a problem with this :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
$38 million in the bank and we rely on government handouts for PRO. And people don’t see a problem with this :rolleyes:
A large chunk of that 38m *are* Government grants

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

The bill is $75m+. How are they supposed to fund it? You want them to take on debt to do it?

Remember, the football, clubs aren't set up to generate significant profits / cashflows. They are essentially run in many ways like not for profit organisations.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The bill is $75m+. How are they supposed to fund it? You want them to take on debt to do it?

Remember, the football, clubs aren't set up to generate significant profits / cashflows. They are essentially run in many ways like not for profit organisations.

mate, i have been banging on about this for years. I have a massive issue with this project as a whole and the way it has been funded.

I'm not gonna bang on about this again as its a pointless excercise. The club is getting what it wants and the fans (yet again) get nothing.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
mate, i have been banging on about this for years. I have a massive issue with this project as a whole and the way it has been funded.

I'm not gonna bang on about this again as its a pointless excercise. The club is getting what it wants and the fans (yet again) get nothing.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean when you say the club gets what it wants and the fans get nothing? What do you want them to do?

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Sorry I don't understand what you mean when you say the club gets what it wants and the fans get nothing? What do you want them to do?

Simple question... With the PRO redevelopment, what are the supporters getting? we are just as important stakeholders as anyone else.

We need a proper social club. And I’m not talking about a large room with a crappy little bar and 100 dirty tables like the have at the MRC now. I’m talking about a proper bistro with RFC memorabilia and huge TV screens. Somewhere where we can go pre and post game, have a beer and a feed as well as watch games interstate. A Richmond FC home for the supporters.

• Love

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Punt Rd needs redevelopment, we cannot compete unless we get better facilities.

Not sure what else we are supposed to do, redevelopment costs money.

Not convinced about the social club, could be idle a lot of the time, terrible location for parking although very good for public transport and would compete with all the pubs very close by. I'd want to see some sort of business plan first.

Also, we do get something, we get a far better ground for watching AFLW and VFL games, and hopefully better performing teams as a result of the facilities.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Simple question... With the PRO redevelopment, what are the supporters getting? we are just as important stakeholders as anyone else.
We get a team that wins more Premierships. I'm happy with that

Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021

We need a proper social club. And I’m not talking about a large room with a crappy little bar and 100 dirty tables like the have at the MRC now. I’m talking about a proper bistro with RFC memorabilia and huge TV screens. Somewhere where we can go pre and post game, have a beer and a feed as well as watch games interstate. A Richmond FC home for the supporters.
Luv it, do you reckon we should move elsewhere, just never going to get the council in charge of the area to give us room to grow.

I can see us eventually who knows how many years down the line sucking it up and getting out of there, feels very claustrophobic, no room to move and luvved the crappy little bar analogy (y)

How about some windows to watch the reserves from up there instead of those little ones 2-3 people can stand at and watch from :censored:

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Luv it, do you reckon we should move elsewhere, just never going to get the council in charge of the area to give us room to grow.

I can see us eventually who knows how many years down the line sucking it up and getting out of there, feels very claustrophobic, no room to move and luvved the crappy little bar analogy (y)

How about some windows to watch the reserves from up there instead of those little ones 2-3 people can stand at and watch from :censored:

Preferably not. The Korin Gamadji Institute and Bachar Houli Academy are great initiatives and I support them. But i don’t see any reason they need to be located at PRO. None whatsoever.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Preferably not. The Korin Gamadji Institute and Bachar Houli Academy are great initiatives and I support them. But i don’t see any reason they need to be located at PRO. None whatsoever.

I think you answered that in your previous points on this. Governments won't give rich football clubs large amounts of money to build better facilities for rich footballers to train in, without the cover of some benefits to the community like those things.

Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I think you answered that in your previous points on this. Governments won't give rich football clubs large amounts of money to build better facilities for rich footballers to train in, without the cover of some benefits to the community like those things.

exactly. which goes back to my previous point about funding our own facilities. If we fund it ourselves, we don’t have to abide by the conditions set by government/s.