2022 Richmond - Financial Result | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Richmond - Financial Result

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
exactly. which goes back to my previous point about funding our own facilities. If we fund it ourselves, we don’t have to abide by the conditions set by government/s.

Why do you not want both the KGI and BHF within PRO? I don't get it. How much do they actually cost us to run? They would also be more costly to operate offsite

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
exactly. which goes back to my previous point about funding our own facilities. If we fund it ourselves, we don’t have to abide by the conditions set by government/s.

$65m is an awful lot of self funding for a football club to achieve. Even selling our pokie licence will only provide a small %age of the funds needed. I for one do not want us to go into massive debt to fund these facilities, especially when there is Govt funding available at a relatively small "cost"

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
The indigenous centre in it's conception ,was actually one of the best thing's to happen at Tigerland.
Thanks to Steve Wright and Ritchie Tambling and the then Federal Government ,who come on board first ,it gave the club millions to spend on facilities .
Tigerland at the time was in debt ,our facilities where way behind a lot of club's ,once these facilities where built the fortune of the club improved on field as well as off field .
So if some people want a social club ,maybe join a members group and get together at a local pub,and bring along all the plastic memorabilia .

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
If we can get a fraction of what the Cats get let’s grab it. Though I do have reservations about public money going into pro sports. But the politicians use it for their own gain…bread and circuses for the masses.
and if GP fans can get $80m per year for an ephemeral event say $40m every 20 years to RFC seems ok to me.