2023 SuperCoach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 SuperCoach

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Tough year of super coach, not that many stand out rookie options besides Ashcroft and he's pricey.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Tough year of super coach, not that many stand out rookie options besides Ashcroft and he's pricey.

I'm not even sure on Ashcroft. Just not sure how much he will play through the middle. As a wing / half forward his price is quite high as cash generation will be low.

I don't see the usual stand out rucks this year so thinking of going a bit cheaper there so I can pay a bit more for either mid pricers or more expensive rookies that will generate higher value (Cam McKenzie for example).

But yeah in general rookies look a bit light but maybe the practise games will unearth someone

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'm not even sure on Ashcroft. Just not sure how much he will play through the middle. As a wing / half forward his price is quite high as cash generation will be low.
From all reports he is flying. Even though he's expensive, he should be an an easy trade up option. I'm thinking that him and say Hopper go together, you take both and trade up to a premium and take another rook that emerges.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
From all reports he is flying. Even though he's expensive, he should be an an easy trade up option. I'm thinking that him and say Hopper go together, you take both and trade up to a premium and take another rook that emerges.
If he plays mid, then he's probably a no brainer, but they have Dunkley to slot into that midfield too. It will be interesting seeing Brisbane's pre-season games and how they rotate their mids.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If he plays mid, then he's probably a no brainer, but they have Dunkley to slot into that midfield too. It will be interesting seeing Brisbane's pre-season games and how they rotate their mids.

Ok I'm sold. He's locked and loaded in my mid. Was a pretty impressive game, and they had all the big hitters in there.

Rookies are fairly scarse this year, having to go with a few more mid pricers than other years