2024 Richmond Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Richmond Coach

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Who will it be?

Who do you want?

AFL experience required?

Personally I like the seasoned coach with secondary league head coaching experience aka McRae Fagan and also time as an AFL assistant. Don’t want them taking 5 years learning how to handle people.

I do like that Yze worked on goal kicking accuracy. I don’t know the field well enough.

Reactions: 1 users

realtiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 28, 2007
Who will it be?

Who do you want?

AFL experience required?

Personally I like the seasoned coach with secondary league head coaching experience aka McRae Fagan and also time as an AFL assistant. Don’t want them taking 5 years learning how to handle people.
Leppitsch!!

Reactions: 2 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Leppitsch and Buckley worry me. Not sure I’d want them. Would prefer an untried coach, in the hope of unearthing another Dimma, McRae type. Leppitsch was horrific first time around, much like Voss was, and look at Voss now.

Look at what McRae is doing with the exact same list that buckley had, apart from ND and a few other youngins.

Reactions: 5 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Leppitsch and Buckley worry me. Not sure I’d want them. Would prefer an untried coach, in the hope of unearthing another Dimma, McRae type. Leppitsch was horrific first time around, much like Voss was, and look at Voss now.

Look at what McRae is doing with the exact same list that buckley had, apart from ND and a few other youngins.
100%. New blood. Leppa great assistant. Want a new comer, but one that has coached a club at a lower level in his own right.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
100%. New blood. Leppa great assistant. Want a new comer, but one that has coached a club at a lower level in his own right.
100% has to have coached their own team, and successfully.

Being an assistant for a couple of years is not enough.

Reactions: 6 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Club you'd think will follow the correct process and make an informed decision. One silverlining from the early call by Dimma is there shouldn't be any rush for a decision to be made unless there is other early impending sackings/resignations.

This is my wish and gut tells me it will need to be a new coach without prior AFL senior experience despite the allure from the likes of Leppitsch. No to Yze.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Who will it be?

Who do you want?

AFL experience required?

I do like that Yze worked on goal kicking accuracy. I don’t know the field well enough.
Yze's probably the next best for the untried.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Brendon and Balme are no dummies you would think.
but it feels weird having this conversation.
damien and Richmond were as one..
Big Shoes to fill, but with our champs retiring possibly.
it seems to be a right time as ever.

Reactions: 4 users

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
The good thing is, with our recent success, fans are not going to go nuts putting pressure on the board to grab a quick fix senior coach - as we and other clubs have done and failed in the past.

We should be able to take whatever time is needed to find what is believed to be the best person to take us forward.

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I Wouldnt think wed be overwhelmed by applications.

Its a bit of a hiding to nothing.

Overseeing the exit of champs, no draft pick, the best of times getting smaller in the rear vision mirror

Ill speculate tomoz

Reactions: 4 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I Wouldnt think wed be overwhelmed by applications.

Its a bit of a hiding to nothing.

Overseeing the exit of champs, no draft pick, the best of times getting smaller in the rear vision mirror

Ill speculate tomoz
We are not in the best spot. Not exactly starting from scratch but things are gonna be tough for the forseeable.

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Some free agents who might have contemplated overtures from RFC might now be considering other options now that Dimma is gone.
The new coach will require strong shoulders because they will have a few crosses to bear.

• Sad

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A blessing that Benny didn't get the AFL gig, in Benny and Balmey we trust.

Reactions: 8 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Run a process just like we did when we appointed Hardwick. Let anyone who wants to apply submit an application but also invite those we think would be good too. Ultimately though everyone who wants the job has to go through the process, no exceptions.

This is probably the best coaching job to become available in a decade. Let the best candidates come to us.

Reactions: 3 users