2024 Richmond Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Richmond Coach

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
While that is true.Do you think with all what they were gifted that one GF appearance between the 2 of is satisfactory?

Well I wouldn't use the word gifted, but I'd say GWS wee absolutely a success, Gold Coast not.

Think it showed the best kept secret in footy, drafting is pure luck. GWS understood the best way to get talent is to get as many picks as you can to increase the odds some come good.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Well I wouldn't use the word gifted, but I'd say GWS wee absolutely a success, Gold Coast not.

Think it showed the best kept secret in footy, drafting is pure luck. GWS understood the best way to get talent is to get as many picks as you can to increase the odds some come good.
Agree Pot luck comes into it.But it wasn't as if it was a strategy of their own making.They were gifted picks.Their problem was and still is.They had kids who were top of the class at their respective junior clubs.Get em all together at the one club and they still want to be #1.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I hope Luke Hodge puts his hand up.
Hodgey coaching

'Ok bring it in fellas. You just need to bring that ball to ground.'

Walks away

We need someone who has the best chance of knowing how the game is played in 2028, and working out how to play it differently.

Thats going to be someone young (<40) imo,

Ideally without an enormous Alpha ego,

And been steeped in success

I keep coming back to corey enright.

Arguably the most anonymous 6 x all australian of all time

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Hodgey coaching

'Ok bring it in fellas. You just need to bring that ball to ground.'

Walks away

We need someone who has the best chance of knowing how the game is played in 2028, and working out how to play it differently.

Thats going to be someone young (<40) imo,

Ideally without an enormous Alpha ego,

And been steeped in success

I keep coming back to corey enright.

Arguably the most anonymous 6 x all australian of all time
Wasnt his nickname Humphrey because he never spoke?

Or am I thinking of Milburn?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
It’s Interesting the players clearly like mini abd have a good relationship with him, I suspect if up to them he would stay on as coach. I wonder how much bearing that will have on the committee selecting the coach

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Have to do our due process no matter the outcome this season interviewing other candidates.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It’s Interesting the players clearly like mini abd have a good relationship with him, I suspect if up to them he would stay on as coach. I wonder how much bearing that will have on the committee selecting the coach
That's why he's my 1st preference as coach. Saves a lot of time starting all over again with players getting to know the coach personally.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
If they want more of Dimma then mini is the man.

Even uses the same cliches in the pressers.

Just as a general thing I think we need a different voice.

Reactions: 3 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Assistant coaches generally have very good relationships with players as they work closely with them and are not responsible for hard calls.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
If they want more of Dimma then mini is the man.

Even uses the same cliches in the pressers.

Just as a general thing I think we need a different voice.

With the added wrinkle of "it's a good question".

Reactions: 1 users