3 Flags in 4 years | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

3 Flags in 4 years

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
found this video, just simply the best. Enjoy while waiting for the 2021 season to start

Reactions: 3 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Gotta love the clip starting at 0:39. Great play until Caddy's questionable hand-ball. Bounces of the hands of two players, straight to Martin. Goal.
Chaos personified.

Bit disappointed Martin's second quarter goal in the 2019 GF didn't make the cut.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
found this video, just simply the best. Enjoy while waiting for the 2021 season to start
popped on recommended videos on you tube for me a few days ago,

lots of memories come flashing back as you watch it , good fun watch

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
When you watch this it is a reminder of what an astonishing footballer Dusty is.

I was at so many of those games and seeing them again all together it makes me realise how much I have missed the roar of the Tiger crowd and being a part of the awesome atmosphere at those games

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I was just thinking the same, reading another thread about our upcoming draft picks and how we can possibly regenerate while we stay on top.

As good as our squad is, without Dustin I'm not certain we would have won any of the flags.
possibly, how about we take Dusty out and then take the best player out of Adelaide, GWS & Geelong GF sides & then what ??

We still win em all

Reactions: 1 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
possibly, how about we take Dusty out and then take the best player out of Adelaide, GWS & Geelong GF sides & then what ??

We still win em all
i have thought what if we had dangerfield and geelong had dusty - i reckon Geelong would have a couple more premierships

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

We still win em all
yes that's a good point. I remember the recent comment of the outgoing Geelong president that if it weren't for Dusty they might have won a couple more flags but I think that is underselling the rest of our team. If you look at our win in 2019 it was actually Lynch who was the star in the prelim as an example. We won in 2017 against them by 51 points and as good as Dusty was that night he isn't worth 51 points.

Would we have won in 2020 without Dusty? Probably/maybe but it doesn't matter anyway because he played and we won.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
As good as our squad is, without Dustin I'm not certain we would have won any of the flags.

Role player.....well that's what I tell my pies&blues mates acquaintances. ... his role is to be a superstar and he does it to a T!

• Love

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
yes that's a good point. I remember the recent comment of the outgoing Geelong president that if it weren't for Dusty they might have won a couple more flags but I think that is underselling the rest of our team. If you look at our win in 2019 it was actually Lynch who was the star in the prelim as an example. We won in 2017 against them by 51 points and as good as Dusty was that night he isn't worth 51 points.

Would we have won in 2020 without Dusty? Probably/maybe but it doesn't matter anyway because he played and we won.
Yep absolutely ridiculous comment by the Geelong president. If they think that Dusty is the only reason we win flags then shows how much they understand:rolleyes:.

But that's okay, as long as they keep thinking like that we will have their measure as our other (unheralded) stars get under their guard and under the guard of the football world as a whole.

Reactions: 3 users

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
I was just thinking the same, reading another thread about our upcoming draft picks and how we can possibly regenerate while we stay on top.

I think you just heaped more misery on Dees fans TBR following their ill fated draft selections in 2009 :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah . . . but we do have Dustin.

Every team which wins a few flags has stars, Martin is exceptional, but we recruited him and we developed his talent.

Not saying we could have done the same thing with another player but there are good reasons why Richmond have the best player going around at the moment.

DS

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I don't want to mention the 'l' word again and create another storm, but here's something to give everyone nightmares.

If we'd had pick 1 or 2 we would have 1000% certain picked Scully and Trengove.

Praise Allah we had pick 3 I suppose.

DS