3121 Club | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

3121 Club

Brewy48

Tiger Cub
Apr 11, 2014
Hi fellow Tigers, after some assurance or change my mind.
I have decided to stop my AFL Membership with Richmond Club support of 39 Years to join the 3121 club. My reasons are i usually go to footy with my son but he has moved to Brisbane & im sick of sitting with other opposition DHs & wish to sit with like minded people. I was AFL Platinum which has GF guarantee & this is why i picked the 3121 club.
Am i doing the right thing?
Be gentle

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I have decided to stop my AFL Membership with Richmond Club support of 39 Years to join the 3121 club. My reasons are i usually go to footy with my son but he has moved to Brisbane & im sick of sitting with other opposition DHs & wish to sit with like minded people. I was AFL Platinum which has GF guarantee & this is why i picked the 3121 club.
Be gentle
I reckon 3121 is great value for money

Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Be gentle
Do you get access to concerts, cricket, etc with the AFL Membership? You won't get them with a Richmond membership.
If you trade in your AFL Membership, not sure how you are whether you attend other footy games or the cricket but you can't go to non-Richmond Finals/Grand Finals without it.
But I'm a hawker for the MCG, it's my church!! :love:

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Be gentle

Be careful what you wish for with seats. Many years ago I bought expensive reserved seats at all our games, didn't make it until half way through the season before I wasn't sitting in them.

Got sick of listening to our supporters bag the team and the players non-stop, even when they were winning. It was like sitting in a real life game day thread.

Sitting with the same people every week is fraught with danger.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Be careful what you wish for with seats. Many years ago I bought expensive reserved seats at all our games, didn't make it until half way through the season before I wasn't sitting in them.

Got sick of listening to our supporters bag the team and the players non-stop, even when they were winning. It was like sitting in a real life game day thread.

Sitting with the same people every week is fraught with danger.
Where do you sit now TBR? :unsure:

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Corporate box. ;)

No, as a true footy nerd I actually like to go to different areas and watch so I can get a view of a variety of tactics.

Sometimes high, sometimes low, on the wing or behind the goals.
Yeah the box is okay for the drinks but the atmosphere I miss in there, also hardly anyone knows footy the one's I've been in.

Definitely enjoy different aspects of sitting in different spots.

If you sit close to the ground it's fantastic for the crowd noise roaring loud from behind you. I was about four rows from the fence in that '95 Essendumb Final and you could hear the roars from behind you, it was amazing man :eyes

Then if you're not close to the fence I go up a deck for that bird's eye view of spotting set plays and watching teams spread and run.

Also don't mind sitting like in the old days in the standing bay at the back of the stands. Went to the finals this year and a couple of them I didn't even get to my seat, I saw it was packed down there, looked at the standing area, there was a bit of room and put myself in there lol.

Thought I was back at Princes Park or even Waverley where you could stand up at the back of that bottom deck before they put fences' up for the back row, right? Didn't they put fences' up (green) near it's ending? :unsure:

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Yeah the box is okay for the drinks but the atmosphere I miss in there, also hardly anyone knows footy the one's I've been in.

Definitely enjoy different aspects of sitting in different spots.

If you sit close to the ground it's fantastic for the crowd noise roaring loud from behind you. I was about four rows from the fence in that '95 Essendumb Final and you could hear the roars from behind you, it was amazing man :eyes

Then if you're not close to the fence I go up a deck for that bird's eye view of spotting set plays and watching teams spread and run.

Also don't mind sitting like in the old days in the standing bay at the back of the stands. Went to the finals this year and a couple of them I didn't even get to my seat, I saw it was packed down there, looked at the standing area, there was a bit of room and put myself in there lol.

Thought I was back at Princes Park or even Waverley where you could stand up at the back of that bottom deck before they put fences' up for the back row, right? Didn't they put fences' up (green) near it's ending? :unsure:

I spend a bit of time on the Gold Coast and go to Metricon a bit. Still has the shallow bottom level seating so you can stand at the bac and still be close. Great country footy feel.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I spend a bit of time on the Gold Coast and go to Metricon a bit. Still has the shallow bottom level seating so you can stand at the bac and still be close. Great country footy feel.
I've been up there twice this year, one of them for our game. Always front row on the wing. Nice boutique stadium. Try and get to them all up in Qld.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Every time I've been in there I've been surrounded by riff-raff.
Yeah but I was there too :))

Great value for money Rice Cooker , quite a few PRE people in there , most importantly beer in glass , I look forward to you buying me a couple

• Haha

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Best value membership without doubt , great bunch of inner sanctum Tigers and Fleas always a laugh and the beer is icy cold