32 Players in Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

32 Players in Hub

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Richmond has 43 including rookies on list - Rance not included in 43

If only 32 players are to be included in hub - what 9 players are left home. The 22 players that played round 1 are obviously in plus Houli, Ross, Collier Dawkins, Coleman Jones, Higgins - makes 27

Who are the other 5? Garthwaite / Dow / Naish / Chol / Markov or Aarts or Martyn or Turner

Not sure on other 5 - Thoughts?

Hard on new blokes drafted. Will not see any action in 2020

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Richmond has 43 including rookies on list - Rance not included in 43

If only 32 players are to be included in hub - what 9 players are left home. The 22 players that played round 1 are obviously in plus Houli, Ross, Collier Dawkins, Coleman Jones, Higgins - makes 27

Who are the other 5? Garthwaite / Dow / Naish / Chol / Markov or Aarts or Martyn or Turner

Not sure on other 5 - Thoughts?

Hard on new blokes drafted. Will not see any action in 2020

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Cotch, Jack, Houli, Edwards - They are the ones I know have young kids.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
who from our challengers has kids?

WC, Pies, GWS?

Im guessing GWS will be the most childless list and well placed for an ISO-flag?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
This is gonna stuff up my super coach team. *smile* you coronavirus

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Might be GWS in the box seat with a lack kidlets to worry about.

Don't think the Maggots have that many kids floating around do they.

The Eagles have a few kids associated with their list from memory from the GF post game.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
sorry, but it has to be the full list. they have a contract and deserve the same opportunity to play as anyone else. the AFLPA need to step in to ensure the right thing is done.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Interesting to see the Adelaide CEO interviewed on Footy Classified the other night. I thought he did pretty well until he mentioned that it had been a bad day and that I think it was 10 listed players? had been told they would not be offered new contracts by Adelaide, at the end of this season.
Seems pretty early for those sort of decisions to be taken, and announced. But it does reflect
1) that Clubs are accepting there will be a massive reduction in total player payments for next season and beyond and
2) that those on contract for next season will have those contracts honoured, with the dismissals coming only from the un-contracted player list.

We have 12 who are uncontracted for 2021 and who are vulnerable.
According to TT they are Aarts, Broad, Collier-Dawkins, English, Garthwaite, Graham, Houli, Markov, Miller, Nankervis, Pickett and Turner. Apparently negotiations had started with Collier-Dawkins and Graham pre virus, and were put off with Pickett who wanted more time to prove his worth. Houli was always going to be a last minute thing.
Who knows where it finishes up, but there is no way it is in the Clubs best interest to let up to 7 or 8 players on this list go. However they have no contractual protection and it is hard to imagine that the virus will disappear without causing change.

I hope that those who are forced out are given very substantial compensation, for their loss.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Is Tom Rockliff serious??

Due to the 10 person limit now in place in WA and SA, he is complaining that the AFL have still limited it to pairs, his comment was "the AFL always have a Victorian bias". Whatt????? Spending too much time with Kochie I think. The only bias would be to the WA and SA teams if they were allowed to train as 10 instead of pairs like the VIC, NSW and QLD teams. How he thinks WA and SA being given an advantage that no-one else gets is Victorian bias I don't know.

They definitely get fed some crap in SA.