40 Man All Australian Squad 2021 (No Tigers) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

40 Man All Australian Squad 2021 (No Tigers)

crackajack71

What Tiger?
Oct 19, 2006
To pick Charlie Cameron before Dusty is quite unbelievable, he is the most selfish fwd in the league.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
To be fair we haven't had one Tiger perform to a consistent high standard this season to deserve All Australian. Not that l am over impressed with a few in the AA squad

Reactions: 5 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Cameron made it? Don’t watch a lot of lions games but he is forever playing for frees whenever I’ve seen him. Unlikeable like a lot of his teammates.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Funny, it’s probably the first year Tom Stewart has deserved to make.
If Parish does not make the final team it’s a joke,he’s had a sensational year.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
To be fair we haven't had one Tiger perform to a consistent high standard this season to deserve All Australian. Not that l am over impressed with a few in the AA squad
Grimes is chronicly underrated by the panel.

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hah hah hah…the Beyond Blues have more players in it than Geethrow. That probably sums up the worthiness of it all. A farcical exercise every year.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The fact that players like DBJ and Luke Ryan have an AA guernsey and Nick Vlastuin doesn't tells you all you need to know about the plonkers that select this team. Also Grimes had 4 of the best seasons you'd ever see as a defender but he only has one guernsey.

That said I don't think any of our players deserved selection this year. We've had a *smile* season and played some terrible footy; unwatchable at times. That is a direct reflection on the performance of our players. However when you look at others that have been selected you scratch your head. That cheating prick Hawkins seems to be an automatic selection late in his career. Pushes and shoves illegally every game, belts blokes every second game but never has a case to answer.

The Franklin selection is a joke. Unabashed media bias for the most protected species ever to play the game. What a farce.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The fact that players like DBJ and Luke Ryan have an AA guernsey and Nick Vlastuin doesn't tells you all you need to know about the plonkers that select this team. Also Grimes had 4 of the best seasons you'd ever see as a defender but he only has one guernsey.

That said I don't think any of our players deserved selection this year. We've had a *smile* season and played some terrible footy; unwatchable at times. That is a direct reflection on the performance of our players. However when you look at others that have been selected you scratch your head. That cheating prick Hawkins seems to be an automatic selection late in his career. Pushes and shoves illegally every game, belts blokes every second game but never has a case to answer.

The Franklin selection is a joke. Unabashed media bias for the most protected species ever to play the game. What a farce.
If Franklin is not selected the whole of Sydney turns off. Every decision Gilligan makes is with a focus on lining his own pocket.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
We have always received harsh treatment by AA selectors. The biggest joke of all time was when Byrne-Jones got selected head of Vlastuin last year.

But if you go back over the years… Edwards, Grimes, Houli. Lids, should have received multiple AA’s instead of just 1 each. Caddy stiff in 2018. Prestia stiff in 2019. Short stiff in 2020. I’m sure there are others.

Everybody but us hates us. Seriously, Dusty struggles to get in when he has a good year. He should be a walk up start playing injured for half a season, like Niknat. Seedsman? Did the mullet guy from port get in again? Byrne Jones. amateurs.

Dusty will probably be leading the Brownlow at the midway point of the season and still may end up finishing top 5. I guess champions get judged so much more harshly.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
The irony of DBJ being exposed as a poor defender in our PF was delicious.

I've rarely seen a less sure HBF than DBJ, he looks scared most of the time. As EzT says they should release the squads of the AA selectors so we can see what morons put him in their team.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I guess champions get judged so much more harshly.
Dusty certainly does; how he missed AA in 2019 beggars belief.

But others like Franklin and Dangerfield get an armchair ride. Tom Shovekins probably in same boat.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Who really gives a *smile*?
Mickey mouse team
Selected by dickkheads like Treadrea, Darcy and Healy.
Shifter Sheehan once said Pettifier had the hallmarks of a leader and would dominate games.
That's the last time, i ever looked up his best 20 kids.
Another Geelong dickkhead

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Who really gives a *smile*?
Mickey mouse team
Selected by dickkheads like Treadrea, Darcy and Healy.
Shifter Sheehan once said Pettifier had the hallmarks of a leader and would dominate games.
That's the last time, i ever looked up his best 20 kids.
Another Geelong dickkhead
Add Jackovich and Gilligan to the list of dickkheads also.

Shifter also said Fiona would one day win a Brownlow - LOL.

No surprise the likes of Stack, Bolton and Baker get shafted in this award each year with that dickkhead running it.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Add Jackovich and Gilligan to the list of dickkheads also.

Shifter also said Fiona would one day win a Brownlow - LOL.

No surprise the likes of Stack, Bolton and Baker get shafted in this award each year with that dickkhead running it.
Spot on.
Considering he is paid to watch talent he is blind.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I would have been upset if any of our guys made it, after all we don't want to be rewarding mediocrity

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
We have always received harsh treatment by AA selectors. The biggest joke of all time was when Byrne-Jones got selected head of Vlastuin last year.

But if you go back over the years… Edwards, Grimes, Houli. Lids, should have received multiple AA’s instead of just 1 each. Caddy stiff in 2018. Prestia stiff in 2019. Short stiff in 2020. I’m sure there are others.
The reason why this is, is because we're living in the age of Supercoach. Get high Supercoach points, and that apparently translates to a good game.

That's why players like McCrae who get 35 mostly insignificant possessions get in, and Shane Edwards gets overlooked.

Instead of a chip chip possession game, we usually go to goal as the crow flies. Less touches, more damaging.

But if selectors chose one of our players, the public would jump on them quoting Supercoach numbers of players that missed out.