40 Man All Australian Squad 2021 (No Tigers) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

40 Man All Australian Squad 2021 (No Tigers)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I would have been upset if any of our guys made it, after all we don't want to be rewarding mediocrity
50 bucks theres 2 or maybe even 3 that shouldnt be in it.

what's this crap Franklin makes it from what his 7 games and 3 he was tottaly useless

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The reason why this is, is because we're living in the age of Supercoach. Get high Supercoach points, and that apparently translates to a good game.
Yeah I agree... all this fantasy football crap off the back of Champion Data.... Ted Hopkins used up the credits he got beating the pies when he started up CD!

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
No problem with no AAs from the Tigers this year. Too many injuries to key players who have missed large chunks of the season, form has been indifferent so this is about right. It is fair that clubs that actually won most of their games are well-represented.

But what about the previous 4 seasons? Grimes, Vlastuin and Houli should have a couple each, Riewoldt and Lynch should have at least one each. Prestia should have been AA in 2019, likewise Short in 2020. Lambert in 2018. is another. Edwards at least once. The list goes on.

Tom Stewart ahead of Grimes and Vlastuin every year ?????? Seriously.

Reactions: 4 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
What is an All Australian squad and which countries do they play against?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
low ladder position
injury interuptions to key players
lack of consistency for a number of our players

some players as mentioned ie(Graham , Baker etc ) a little unlucky

hopefully its another cause for motivation for next year

I suppose the AFL has saved some face

they didn't pick Mason Cox :)

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
the only one who I think should have been a chance for the squad is Grimes, but not surprised he missed.

funny half on here reckon Jack should retire, the other half think he should be in the AA squad.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
funny half on here reckon Jack should retire, the other half think he should be in the AA squad.
Yeh, 2021 was meant to be the return of the FF. Shocking had set the game back up for the leading forward. I'd select McKay but no other key forward, none of them deserve a gig. Pretty average years from the rest, although I'm not against Franklin getting selected on 17 games. Greene should be a lock. Fritsch or Papley? Maybe both. Stringer.

Jack's got another year back in June so pointless talk about him retiring.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
the only one who I think should have been a chance for the squad is Grimes, but not surprised he missed.

We're a broad church.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just shows again some hate towards us. Best team in 4 years and barely an AA. This season we drop and obviously it's 'their' reason to give us a big fat 0. Rising Star is the same. Main reason I don't rate AA.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Tom Papley was lucky. Gerard got NicNat in again. But glad Touk Miller made it. How did Hawkins' stats stack up to JR?

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tom Papley was lucky. Gerard got NicNat in again. But glad Touk Miller made it. How did Hawkins' stats stack up to JR?
Papley seriously. Hasn't had a kick since the Essendon game.
im rapt Franklin didn't make it.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I think Hawkins and Jack are pretty similar. Except in the all important "suspensions avoided" category, where Hawkins averaged nearly 1 per week, breaking the previous record he set last year.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The way I think about this award is that at the turn of the century, when Dustin Martin the 5th rocks into show-n-tell at school (hopefully kids will be allowed back by then:rolleyes:)
Even though he could. .... he ain't pulling an AA jacket from his bag!

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Did cotchy ever get AA captain?
Also, wtf is Nic Nat doing in that team??