9/11 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

9/11

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
5 years on - sympathy to all the people who lost loved ones.

Anyone watch 9/11 in plane site the other night?

Conspiracy theory or conspiracy fact?

Makes you think doesn't it?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5239334224660559722

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
Harry said:
5 years on - sympathy to all the people who lost loved ones.

Anyone watch 9/11 in plane site the other night?

Conspiracy theory or conspiracy fact?

Makes you think doesn't it?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5239334224660559722

There was an article in yesterdays Herald-Sun about how there are 18 million links to the 9/11 conspiracy theories.
It also commented on how although it has taken some time,the conspiracy theories are all starting to be disproved as well.
Recent polls in the states are also suprisingly showing that a huge % of the population believe the Government had some role in 9/11!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yep.

The ones that make you think are the small piecing hole in the pentagon (how can a plane make such a hole?), the explosions heard and seen in each of the floors below the impact area as the towers crumbled, and the neat collapse of the WTC 7. Also what exploded in front of the nose of the planes just prior to the planes making contact with the buildings?

Many questions exist which will never be answered. If the US Govt had something to do with it, no-one will ever know, as the people asking these questions will be dismissed as conspiracy theorists by mainstream western civilization and would not be taken seriously.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Harry said:
Yep.

The ones that make you think are the small piecing hole in the pentagon (how can a plane make such a hole?), the explosions heard and seen in each of the floors below the impact area as the towers crumbled, and the neat collapse of the WTC 7. Also what exploded in front of the nose of the planes just prior to the planes making contact with the buildings?

Many questions exist which will never be answered. If the US Govt had something to do with it, no-one will ever know, as the people asking these questions will be dismissed as conspiracy theorists by mainstream western civilization and would not be taken seriously.
Initially I thought the government may have something to do with it but it's an incredibly long stretch.

- You still have to convince the people hijacking the planes to take their own lives(Al Quaida).
How on earth do you do that? Unless Bin Laden's in on it I can't see how. :don't know

- How would the US government keep such a massive operation as that quiet? Before and after.
Can you imagine what it would do to the US people and the US economy if the Government were seen to murder their own citizens??

I do agree however that the Pentagon particularly is a bit suspect.
I think perhaps they had to shoot down a plane and it got a bit messy so they perhaps tried to cover it up but even then it would be incredibly high risk.

it's all extremely unlikely.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
How do you convince your people to go to war?

You scare the living daylights out of them by orchestrating an attack on home soil.

Not far fetched at all IF those in control are ruthless, evil spirited power mongers.

The US Govt has a chequered past.

Very possible and shouldn't be dismissed as fantasy land.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Harry said:
Yep.

Such theories are debunked, one after the other, here by 'Popular Mechanics":

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html?page=2&c=y

....and if you are still suspicious of who really did do it, then read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/11/11/wbin11.xml

Enjoy! 8)

....however, if you still "want to believe" that its all a big hoax...here's a conspiracy-theory site that tries to debunk the "Popular Mechanics" view:

http://911review.com/pm/markup/index.html

Harry said:
How do you convince your people to go to war?
You scare the living daylights out of them by orchestrating an attack on home soil.
Not far fetched at all IF those in control are ruthless, evil spirited power mongers.
The US Govt has a chequered past.
Very possible and shouldn't be dismissed as fantasy land.

A chequered past?
Such as......?

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
i was looking forward to your "opinion" on this liverdud

your official line doesn't change much ever does it ?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
What I find interesting about the conspiracy theories behind who really perpetrated 9/11 is that if the US govt was genuinely involved in such an operation it would have taken many years of planning and was probably even being put in place during the Clinton administration, it would have involved 100's, possibly 1,000's of people and yet every single one of them kept absolutely silent about the whole thing, not a hint of it. Two other genuine conspiracies: Watergate and the Iran Contra affair which were on a much smaller scale were both blown because someone talked. Maybe it's easier to think that the 'evil' US govt did this than accept that there are a bunch of lunatics out there who hate us and our way of life and are prepared to go to any lengths to destroy it.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
LidsandBling said:
i was looking forward to your "opinion" on this liverdud

your official line doesn't change much ever does it ?

No "official" line LidsBling....my belief is that the al-Qaeda organisation, led by Bin Laden, carried out the 9/11 terrorist acts, that led to thousands of people, from different nationalities, cultures, and religions, being killed.

My first and only post of this topic presented Harry (and you, seeing you read it also) a link to how the conspiracy theories were solved using science. My other link was a site that tried to prove that science was wrong. And my third link was of Bin laden admitting he and his organisation did actually carry out the 9/11 terrorist acts.

You can make up your own mind.....but my "official line" won't change, no.....Bin laden was behind it and has admitted so, unless you think he is lying?

CarnTheTiges said:
What I find interesting about the conspiracy theories behind who really perpetrated 9/11 is that if the US govt was genuinely involved in such an operation it would have taken many years of planning and was probably even being put in place during the Clinton administration, it would have involved 100's, possibly 1,000's of people and yet every single one of them kept absolutely silent about the whole thing, not a hint of it. Two other genuine conspiracies: Watergate and the Iran Contra affair which were on a much smaller scale were both blown because someone talked. Maybe it's easier to think that the 'evil' US govt did this than accept that there are a bunch of lunatics out there who hate us and our way of life and are prepared to go to any lengths to destroy it.

Spot on! :clap
Funny thing is, that the conspiracy theorists who believe the USA did it themselves , or Israel, etc.....are usually the same people who condemn the Yanks for going into Iraq looking for the supposed "Weapons of Mass Destruction".
Now you'd think an 'evil' organisation like the USA, who has been able to carry out such an elaborate and destructive plan of destroying 4 airlines, plus 2 skyscrapers in one of the busiest cities in the world,, and part of the Pentagon, would SURELY be able to plant, out in the deserts of Iraq somewhere, some WMD's to justify their war on terror, right?

Curtiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 26, 2004
Moreland, Melbourne
Liverpool said:
My other link was a site that tried to prove that science was wrong.
Hmm... intereseting idea. I wonder why, when the Christianity thread was in circulation, there wasn't a science thread hosting similar debate.

I saw a fraction of the show the other night and thought a lot of the points were well presented and it didn't seem to be very in-your-face. When I say that, I mean it wasn't saying "This is how it happened...America did it". It didn't beat me over the head like other conspiracy theories have. Some of the evidence provided was damning but, by the same token, a lot of it was pretty spurious.

Tigers of Old said:
- You still have to convince the people hijacking the planes to take their own lives(Al Quaida).
How on earth do you do that? Unless Bin Laden's in on it I can't see how. :don't know
This, to me, seems the most damning argument against the conspiracy - one any of the conspiracy theorists would struggle accounting for.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The pentagon strike raises the most questions.

How can a commercial plane cause such a narrow piercing hole which penetrated some 7 layers into the pentagon?

How come there were no remains of the plane anywher near the crash site?

Why was there evidence of unburnt furniture and even paper near the crash site. The plane would have exploded on impact whereas a missile or bunker buster would have penetrated and then exploded?

Why was there no footage of the plane considering there are numerous camera's around the pentagon?

How can a plane even get close to the intelligence centre of the US without being shot down by anti-plane missiles?

The evidence around the twin towers is a bit more hazy but there is no denying that the Pentagon strike raises some very valid questions, that cannot be dismissed as a crazy conspiracy theory.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, heck I don't care whether the US landed on the moon or not, or whether Elvis is dead or alive. But when it comes down to thousands of innocent people dying then all questions and concerns should be raised and looked at. Dismissing them only causes a greater injustice to these people.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
As I've said the Pentagon does seem the most suspicious.
Very hard to see how a passenger plane could crash into a building like that and leave no wreckage.
The official line was at the time was along the lines that the plane disintergrated on impact and due to the extreme heat of the fire left no distinguishable wreckage.
Spectators also said that they saw what looked like a missile rather than a plane.
This is where I think perhaps the US government has possibly covered things up.

Harry what do you think of the notion that after the initial planes crashed into the towers that the government made the difficult decision to shoot down the remaining planes?

Perhaps then the military under direction of the Government fired on the Pentagon to avoid the flak of killing their own citizens knowing that it would be easy to cover it up?
Just typing it sounds ludicrous. I'm not sure how such a decision could be reached without having prior knowledge of such an event. We are only talking a couple of hours window here.
Hmmm.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not you too Harry - the last bastion of sensible posting on PRE has also gone loopy.

The US thought that crashing two planes into the World Trade Centre wasn't enough to scare the living daylights out of the US citizens so they decided to crash one into the Pentagon as well. Please.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
JB, you thought I was loopy when I was claiming Frawley was gonna drive us into the ground but you eventually came round ;D

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Well Frawley did something that Wallace couldn't, got us into a Preliminary Final in his second year - think about that for a second.